What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it starting to mean more and more now?

Parra Guru

Coach
It occured to me today how much I want Parra to win a premiership.

I mean, I have been a massive fan all my life and have been part of all 4 final series where they have choked (sorry to bring that word up again), but I think Sunday was just the final straw for me!

Is it just me, or is every year that we go without one just adding fuel to the fire?

I can't wait for the day we are all celebrating at Parra Leagues with the boys, we'll be flooded out to the car park, and Nathan Hindmarsh will be boasting a Provan-Summons Medal around his neck.

Keep the faith and we'll be there sooner rather than later!

Eelectrica

Referee
Each year that goes by without winning one it's only natural that anticipation builds up.
It's so frustrating because we were gifted a golden opportunity to break the drought. I'm still feeling hollow.

Always next year, but what if we have a rotten run with injuries? All the things that went right this year have to go right again next year. And the one thing that went horribly wrong this year will have to go beautifully right next year.

Opportunites like this don't come around very often, I just wonder when the next one will come.

Sorry for rambling I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while. This thread seemed the place to do it

The year was good except for the last game which killed in positiveness.

Does anyone know how to dig posts up from the start of the year. I said a few times that 2005 would not be our year and that it will be a rebuilding one and that 2006 and 2007 we would win the premierships. I believe this will happen. If the players right players get promoted.

Avenger

Immortal
Jake the snake said:

Does anyone know how to dig posts up from the start of the year. I said a few times that 2005 would not be our year and that it will be a rebuilding one and that 2006 and 2007 we would win the premierships. I believe this will happen. If the players right players get promoted.

You do not have to prove it. I remember reading it mate.

Miss_Eels

Juniors
Just think of it this way; all the times we've choked, all the times we've seen them get so close yet remain so far and all the times they've disappointed us will only make the day they finally win it that much more sweeter. We will appreciate, cherish and savour the moment soooo much more than we would had we won it in 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2005.
That's the way I see it and I can't wait for that moment....

stiffmeister

Bench
Parra Guru said:
It occured to me today how much I want Parra to win a premiership.

I mean, I have been a massive fan all my life and have been part of all 4 final series where they have choked (sorry to bring that word up again), but I think Sunday was just the final straw for me!

Is it just me, or is every year that we go without one just adding fuel to the fire?

I can't wait for the day we are all celebrating at Parra Leagues with the boys, we'll be flooded out to the car park, and Nathan Hindmarsh will be boasting a Provan-Summons Medal around his neck.

Keep the faith and we'll be there sooner rather than later!

I'm with you there bro

mickdo

Coach
I just hope we haven't lost all the good work achieved this year by having such a devestatingly bad loss. Two steps forward, one step back. We won't win anything that way.

Morenito

Juniors
If any of you guys know Basketball in this country. The sydney Kings who i have been a fan for for 12 odd years had a similar record to the Eels in terms of getting the "chokers" tag with them being known as the "Violet Crumbles" for so long.

Then one day in 2003 they FINALLLLLLY won a title and honestly it was the best moment from a fans point of view after waiting so long. since then they have won 3 is titles in a row and well the 2nd one was great because they won the final in a massive comeback but the 3rd one was just like 'woohoo cool we won thats good'.

What im trying to say is just another example of what you guys are saying in that the first title we get will be the sweetest day ever. Alot of fans like me are only young(22) so we have never seen parramatta win. And listening to my dad talk about it doesnt count.

Jake the snake said:

Mate...I can remember you saying that and that's exactly how I felt at the start of the year.

Funny thing is with that in mind and not having big expectations coming in this is hurting a bit more because we had a huge sniff prior to Sunday. Let ourselves down with the line in sight.

Utey

Coach
It hurts and even though I didnt expect a premiership but geez it hurt more now that we are out completely.

I remember Jake but being so close just sh*ts me.

shiftysmith

Juniors
it hurts alot for all of us and just proves how much we love our eels.....sunday bought me to tears but im looking to the future,the current team will remain together for a while to come...and i just think of the day that premiership comes to parra i will celebrate for the rest of my days..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If Parra does it again next year, we'll be the modern day North Sydney. And boy didnt they choke it in the 90s.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
happy with third alhough not under these circumstance, but looking forward to finisher higher next year

nöyd

Staff member
Sorry to temporarily hijack but here's your sig Belly, it was missing because I lost my site yesterday, sorry mate. I'm hosting it now on photobucket

belly.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
shiftysmith said:
why? we have the same team and im sure sunday will modivate them in 06

Bear in mind that the following are my own fears - so not everyone necessarily agrees.

I believe that we probably will do well throughout the regular season - hopefully.

But what scares me is the folowing:

The Cowboys REALLY shut down Tim Smith on Sunday. I know, the forwards were crap - but the Knights did it too.

Without a truly creative 5/8 by his side, I fear that teams will heavily target Smith next year, and that will impact negatively on us.

Similarly, who knows how both Smiths will succumb to the effects of second-year syndrome?

And will the coaching staff make the right decisions?

Take Wade as an example. He was solid in 2005, but nowhere near as good as last year.

He then injured his hamstring, and he hasn't been the same since.

Reddy, in his 3 First Grade games, showed he SHOULD put a lot of pressure on McKinnon to perform well every week.

But will that sort of system actually be put into place?

If say Wagon has a terrible month and Cordoba is brilliant, will he be given a go ahead of Wagon?

That SHOULD happen - promote the talented and in-from youngster, and send an experienced player back to a slower competition to get some form back. It would be beneficial to club and both players.

So basically, I'm concerned about inuries, second-tear syndrome and a lack of creative options which may stiffle our halfback's imprints on our game.

And then there's the oh-so-publicised nervousness bug that we get when we make the damn play-offs...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
not the dreaded 2nd year syndrome of the pups????

Amongst other things, yes.

I am also wary that smart teams will target another glaringly obvious weakness in the Eels - their fans.

The Cowboys did it brilliantly on Sunday.

I truly believe in the power of the fans in sport. And whilst fans help every team, I really do believe the Eels feed off the energy of their fans.

But, as much as I love Eels fans, they have a shokcing tendency to go absolutely quiet when the team is struggling and when they need us most.

The Cowboys knew how much they fed off the fans, and they effectively shut them out of the match.

And for the record, even with 5 seconds sleft I was screaming myself hoarse - me and my cousin and my sister, who by that stage, were the only ones screaming and cheering, TRYING to lift the boys.

Latest posts