What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it starting to mean more and more now?

Eelectrica

Referee
Kornstar said:
I too re-watched the game and i must say Timmy did nothing wrong, Morris is another story, Piggy tried his a$$ off as well!!!

I am not sure what to do with Morris as i think we need a 5/8th who is a real 5/8th
Based some of the comments I've read on here I get the feeling Morris is a caretaker 5/8 until Delaney or Green are ready to permantently take the job.

Would that be a fair assessment?

Suitman

Post Whore
Up until last week, Morris had been one of our better performed players this season.
I am really surprised at the backlash towards him since Sunday.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Up until last week, Morris had been one of our better performed players this season.

Suity

I just hope they get to start as the combination they have is valauable in the fact it would be the first year in I can't remember how long we would have the same halves combination two years running.

Avenger

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

You are right Suity, even I was stupid enough to suggest we should maybe look for another number 6. You don't think straight after such a tragic loss. It was not Morris' fault. Morris will still be our number 6 next year but may get some pressure from the younger blokes. The real dilemmna will be where to put Delaney.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
You are right Suity, even I was stupid enough to suggest we should maybe look for another number 6. You don't think straight after such a tragic loss. It was not Morris' fault. Morris will still be our number 6 next year but may get some pressure from the younger blokes. The real dilemmna will be where to put Delaney.

I think it will be up to Delaney to keep performing and put pressure on those above him. If he gets his chance he has to grab hold. Can't deny his form warrants selection but he needs to keep it up.

Kornstar

Coach
I really like Morris and he had a great year at times but really, when you think about it, in most games Timmy was the leader of the pack yet the games where Timmy may have been off or dominated Morris did not take the pressure off Timmy, i remember many people saying it after the games where Morris should have stepped up yet didn't.

Maybe though with this year that Timmy has had he won't need Morris to step up, maybe because he has had the whole season and another off-season to prepare that he will be able to stand up in games and won't need Morris to fall back on. Unfortunately if Timmy gets injured we are in deep trouble and noone can argue that, Morris just doesn't offer what Timmy does and neither does Marsh, Marcus Perenara is untested in Firsts.

I am a big fan of Morris and hope next year he can really step up when needed otherwise even the biggest Morris fan has to admit that Morris needs to step up when Timmy can't, otherwise he will be replaced eventually.

Something in Morris's favour is that he still is 25 and if he really steps up next year early then he can make a great career at 5/8th, he is a great athlete and hopefully for him his first season in the role taught him alot and he will know what to work on in the off-season.

Eelectrica

Referee
I didn't mean to sound like I was bagging Morris because I think he's done a great job for us this year. It just sounds as if some of the guys coming through may provide a better alternative in a couple of years time and be more natural 5/8's.
Just the impression I get from these forums is all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelectrica said:
I didn't mean to sound like I was bagging Morris because I think he's done a great job for us this year. It just sounds as if some of the guys coming through may provide a better alternative in a couple of years time and be more natural 5/8's.
Just the impression I get from these forums is all.

well he did only sign a 1 year contract. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:
campnou.jpg

It Holds around 110 000 Eelementary.

Suity

:oops:

Believe it or not, that was my first instinct. But if I got it wrong, I'd look like quite the fool!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
I too re-watched the game and i must say Timmy did nothing wrong, Morris is another story, Piggy tried his a$$ off as well!!!

I am not sure what to do with Morris as i think we need a 5/8th who is a real 5/8th, or they really need to work on his game in the off-season, he has talent but i am not sure that is his best position. Is Morris too small for Lock? If Blake Green can realise his talent, then i think he could really step up but his second half of the year has been poor. I saw Green win us games single handedly this year, the reason we nearly beat the Dragons at Parra was thanks to Green, just he fell off, i hear that he doesn't get on with Matt Cameron, i hope we don't lose him cause of that tool........

What about PJ at 5/8th? It would be interesting to see how he would go? Then he would get 80 mins on the field too.......

I agree that Morris played well this year.

But he isn't a true 5/8 - he doesn't have the vision, skills and instincts of, say, a Barrett or a Marshall.

He's solid, though.

And I for one think he'd be a great lock - but apparently, he was going to be put there and he refused and then the experiment died then.

Marsh at 5/8 is interesting. But judging by his kicking game this year, it wouldn't necessarily be wise...

Agent Mulder

Bench
Jake the snake said:
The year was good except for the last game which killed in positiveness.

Does anyone know how to dig posts up from the start of the year. I said a few times that 2005 would not be our year and that it will be a rebuilding one and that 2006 and 2007 we would win the premierships. I believe this will happen. If the players right players get promoted.

Totally Agree mate, I also didnt think we would win it this year that 2006 would be our year.

Eelectrica

Referee
The way I'm looking at right now is
We have a team that will win more often than not.
If they win more often than not, they make the finals
Half the teams that make the finals make the preliminary finals
If we make the prelims maybe the players will learn from the mistakes made and rectify them.

eelsta

Bench
Eelectrica said:
The way I'm looking at right now is
We have a team that will win more often than not.
If they win more often than not, they make the finals
Half the teams that make the finals make the preliminary finals
If we make the prelims maybe the players will learn from the mistakes made and rectify them.

i hope i live that long

Latest posts