What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for a full scale boycott of News Ltd papers?

kbw

Bench
I would have preferred the NRL negotiated with fox and left Ch9 out of it. In the last 5 years Ch9 has done more harm to the game than fox has since the SL wars.

Ch9 controls the game and the current administration is kissing their backsides, thats what the clubs are really concerned about.

Canard

Immortal
I would have preferred the NRL negotiated with fox and left Ch9 out of it. In the last 5 years Ch9 has done more harm to the game than fox has since the SL wars.

Ch9 controls the game and the current administration is kissing their backsides, thats what the clubs are really concerned about.

FTA access is far outweighs any issues with quality of commentators and other minor issues.

applesauce

Bench

Difference is 9 is clearly willing to pay top dollar so they deserve it.

The stalling by Fox to hold out for a low ball CH10/Foxtel bid suggests they are only in it to make money off the back of the NRL (...what's new?).

t-ba

Post Whore
Pretty much. Nine has brought forth the Cured Pork products.

Considering they've lost control of the fixture what they've paid is a massive, massive mark up.

RoosTah

Juniors

Fox only reaches 30% of the population and that figure will decrease. If you want to see what happens when you decide to give all your best content to them, take a look at Union. Sure, the quality of the coverage is ok, but the game is on its kneed because only a small niche of the subscriber base ever watch them and no one else knows Super Rugby exists.

bileduct

Coach

Sorry, but that's just pure horseshit.

The NRL is interested in expanding the game.

Fox Sports is interested only in growing their subscriber base.

This Channel 9 deal is the best thing to happen to the NRL in a long time.

bileduct

Coach
Fox only reaches 30% of the population and that figure will decrease. If you want to see what happens when you decide to give all your best content to them, take a look at Union. Sure, the quality of the coverage is ok, but the game is on its kneed because only a small niche of the subscriber base ever watch them and no one else knows Super Rugby exists.
Also, look at the Channel 10/Fox Sports deal for V8 Supercars this year.

Channel 10 completely f**ked V8 Supercars fans over.

redvscotty

First Grade
Also, remember you can get at these "journalists" directly through their twitter accounts.

As long as you keep it respectful you can still tell them exactly what you think about them and what they do as often as you like.

This.

I tweeted ROthfield the other day saying I hope he gets blocked by the NRL like what he does to people who bag him and he retweeted it and said thanks.

lol.

Also, look at the Channel 10/Fox Sports deal for V8 Supercars this year.

Channel 10 completely f**ked V8 Supercars fans over.

You could add in Formula One to that as well. If you don't have Foxtel, you pretty much can't get any F1 race coverage.

txta2

Bench
Sorry, but that's just pure horseshit.

The NRL is interested in expanding the game.

Fox Sports is interested only in growing their subscriber base.

This Channel 9 deal is the best thing to happen to the NRL in a long time.

I'm sure Nick Politis, James Packer and Russel Crowe agree.
Total domination of the sport by the Rooters and Souths will greatly expand the game:crazy:

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm sure Nick Politis, James Packer and Russel Crowe agree.
Total domination of the sport by the Rooters and Souths will greatly expand the game:crazy:

Atm broncos, souths and roosters have a monopoly on the live fta games. With 4 games live every week it breaks that monopoly as half the teams in the comp will get fta exposure every round. This is a great deal for all clubs.

Every sport in Australia is screaming for FTA coverage. Union had to pay to out there national comp on fta tv a few years ago for example. V8 supercars losing a lot of fans over their tv deals.
Not only has the nrl signed the richest fta deal (worth more than the afl's despite the afl's being a year longer) it's also the best in terms of coverage (50% of nrl games will be available for all Australians to see).

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Golly Gee. I wonder why 9 have had heaps of souffs n easts games. Couldn't be that they have been the best sides in the comp over the past few years now could it... ffs it's not rocket surgery. You go well, you rate.
Same shit for saints a few years back. Played great and were on fta every 2nd, 3rd week.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Golly Gee. I wonder why 9 have had heaps of souffs n easts games. Couldn't be that they have been the best sides in the comp over the past few years now could it... ffs it's not rocket surgery. You go well, you rate.
Same shit for saints a few years back. Played great and were on fta every 2nd, 3rd week.

Keep logic out of this please.
Conspiracies and hidden agendas is what this is all about.

BlueandGold

Juniors

How do you explain Parra on FTA the last 6 years?;-)

Btw whats rocket surgery.... :?