What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for a full scale boycott of News Ltd papers?

Canard

Immortal
If you're going to debate, try not comparing apples and oranges. The AFL game in question was played at the same time as another, the NRL game was standalone. The AFL game was non heartland states. The NRL game was heartland states.

To get a meaningful comparison you would have to compare Broncos v Easts to a standalone game involving Melbourne and Perth teams in the top 4.

It's like you don't even read the thread before posting you total f**kwit.

Have you read anything at all about what is going on recently???

Apparently the AFL is going to take over in Sydney and Brisbane, comparing the two Sydney based ratings is entirely appropriate.

A game rating in Melbourne is TOTALLY irrelevant to the discussion

Nugget10

Juniors
I stopped buying the Courier Mail ages ago. When my Fox subscription is up it's gone too. f**k the Arseholes

ouwet

Bench
Maybe we could try and organise banners at every NRL game this weekend? Some pro Smith banners also? "Smith forever, News Limited Never" LOL

I'd gladly donate some money...

Maybe LU can stop links from news limited newspaper articles from being posted? I'm going to cancel my Foxtel subscription after round 26.

babyg

Juniors
I stopped buying the courier mail years ago because of their bias bs. I still can't resist a good coffee and a newspaper at the local cafe.

FOXTEL is gone now too so I'm hanging for a Stan or Fetch to enter the footy market.

POPEYE

Coach
Are there really people who buy newspapers for the sport anymore, crikey, it must be 10 years since I bought a paper . . . if I don't get my information free I'm not interested

Usain Bolt

Bench
This is like Liverpool fans boycotting The Sun and it's still the most circulated newspaper in the UK:lol:

applesauce

Bench
Bye Rupert Chrome Extension Blocks All News Corp Australia Sites

ByeRupert.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's like you don't even read the thread before posting you total f**kwit.

Have you read anything at all about what is going on recently???

Apparently the AFL is going to take over in Sydney and Brisbane, comparing the two Sydney based ratings is entirely appropriate.

A game rating in Melbourne is TOTALLY irrelevant to the discussion

Anybody arguing that the AFL is going to take over Sydney and Brisbane is dumb. Will never happen. The best case scenario for the AFL is for AFL to make itself the number 2 winter sport in NSW and QLD just like the best case scenario for the NRL is to be the number 2 sport in the southern states. Anyone predicting more than that is a moron. It's media hysteria.

The only major sport that is really vulnerable in this country is Rugby Union. Whatever the NRL gets it will be more or less in the ballpark of the AFL deal. But both will be gigantic compared to Rugby Union tv money.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Anybody arguing that the AFL is going to take over Sydney and Brisbane is dumb. Will never happen. The best case scenario for the AFL is for AFL to make itself the number 2 winter sport in NSW and QLD just like the best case scenario for the NRL is to be the number 2 sport in the southern states. Anyone predicting more than that is a moron. It's media hysteria.

That's the very point we were making, yet you waded in and ignorantly started defending the AFL ratings.

Canard

Immortal
Last I looked the population of QLD and NSW is just a shade more than Scouse town.

I don't think fans doing anything will achieve much.

Clubs should be the ones that boycott News, and deny them access.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I think if people on LU do that, we will lose half of the topics. No more bourbon bec stories? No more DID YOU SEE WHAT THE TELE SAID ABOUT RL threads? it'll be a ghost town.

Latest posts