What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for a full scale boycott of News Ltd papers?

ram raid

Bench
I might do that too.

I recognise doing this here is a little futile, but I can barely express the depths of utter loathing I now feel for News ltd as a result of this week (and I didn't like em much to begin with). Just had to get it out because their campaign against our game has just been f**king disgusting and they should be made to pay with a loss of readers.

Rebecca Wilson is the one who annoys me the most. I don't even know how she serves their purpose. She's always writing some boring negative feminist bullshit that takes up a whole page of the sports section. I can't imagine who enjoys her column. Maybe she's sucking some dicks in high places.

bileduct

Coach
As stated somewhere else I did that to Whateley from the offsiders and Kent
If enough people start doing this it will eventually take it's toll.

This is what social justice warriors do and it works. They'll think they can repel a few "trolls" (as they'll put it) at first but they'll buckle when confronted by a lot of them.

RoosTah

Juniors
Rebecca Wilson is the one who annoys me the most. I don't even know how she serves their purpose. She's always writing some boring negative feminist bullshit that takes up a whole page of the sports section. I can't imagine who enjoys her column. Maybe she's sucking some dicks in high places.

Well, not that I want to suggest that, but her partner is former News Ltd chief John Hartigan... She's also an AFL ambassador so why the f**k she comments on League at all I don't know

Canard

Immortal
Brisbane is going to be a weird issue for News.

They own the Broncos and the only paper in town.

No League = No circulation in QLD and would kill there revenue.

I'm guessing the QLD based News guys are going to pretend this isn't happening.

RoosTah

Juniors
Brisbane is going to be a weird issue for News.

They own the Broncos and the only paper in town.

No League = No circulation in QLD and would kill there revenue.

I'm guessing the QLD based News guys are going to pretend this isn't happening.

I hope it hurts them bad in Qld especially. The AFL invested millions getting the Lions to win 4 titles and the sport still doesn't matter a jot up there, so good luck converting the state into an AFL stronghold f**kwhits!

Fairfax

Juniors
The NRL are still optimistic that Fox Sports will pay about $800 million for the rights to broadcast all eight matches a week live, including the four games on Nine, under a simulcast arrangement similar to the one they have with Channel Seven for AFL, and will be buoyed by the pay TV viewing numbers of 322,000 for Saturday night's Roosters-Broncos match compared with 60,000 for the Sydney AFL derby clash between the Swans and Giants.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ompetition-20150823-gj5qxh.html#ixzz3jdHX1auk
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The NRL are still optimistic that Fox Sports will pay about $800 million for the rights to broadcast all eight matches a week live, including the four games on Nine, under a simulcast arrangement similar to the one they have with Channel Seven for AFL, and will be buoyed by the pay TV viewing numbers of 322,000 for Saturday night's Roosters-Broncos match compared with 60,000 for the Sydney AFL derby clash between the Swans and Giants.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ompetition-20150823-gj5qxh.html#ixzz3jdHX1auk
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

The two games really aren't comparable though.

I've never needed to be given a reason not to buy Newscorps rot. Let the merkins burn

Brutus

Referee
The two games really aren't comparable though.

I've never needed to be given a reason not to buy Newscorps rot. Let the merkins burn

GWF still a finals chance against the Swines in the battle for the Garry Bridge. 8 page telecrap lift-out and 60k on tv lol.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Get some perspective. If Super League itself couldn't hurt their profitability then this pale imitation certainly won't.

And FYI, Rupert doesn't make a profit on the DT. He could give it away for free and still earn billions. The money is in tv and movies. The papers in Australia are a drop in the ocean.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It was a Sydney "derby", it can't get any bigger in the Sydney market, ya know the one that are trying to crack

:lol: Good luck to them if they think they can crack it with putting that shit up against Broncos vs. Roosters 1st vs 2nd. Don't make me laugh.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you're going to debate, try not comparing apples and oranges. The AFL game in question was played at the same time as another, the NRL game was standalone. The AFL game was non heartland states. The NRL game was heartland states.

To get a meaningful comparison you would have to compare Broncos v Easts to a standalone game involving Melbourne and Perth teams in the top 4.

elbusto

Coach
If you're going to debate, try not comparing apples and oranges. The AFL game in question was played at the same time as another, the NRL game was standalone. The AFL game was non heartland states. The NRL game was heartland states.

To get a meaningful comparison you would have to compare Broncos v Easts to a standalone game involving Melbourne and Perth teams in the top 4.
Nrl games average ratings are far higher than afl I think it's about 45000 per game