What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
A good example I’d use is if he was the Tigers fullback the last 2 years does anybody think they get the wooden spoon? No way in hell. I’m fact I’d say we jump 4 to 5 places. Yet could you say the same about someone like Dylan Edwards? Nope, I couldn’t.
Not so sure on that one. Eels still collected spoons with Hayne who was very similar in football terms.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not so sure on that one. Eels still collected spoons with Hayne who was very similar in football terms.

Fair call however I’d argue that the Eels spooners and tigers are totally different teams. At round 12 or so wests we’re in the top 2 and 3 for run meters and opposition 20 play the balls yet had the worst attack in the comp. Their issue has been scoring points, a dynamite 1 would have changed that.

Munky

Coach
Fair call however I’d argue that the Eels spooners and tigers are totally different teams. At round 12 or so wests we’re in the top 2 and 3 for run meters and opposition 20 play the balls yet had the worst attack in the comp. Their issue has been scoring points, a dynamite 1 would have changed that.

If Latrell played for the Tigers the only effort he'd put in during the year is how many KFC Family Feasts he'd be able to consume during the season.

Even on $1m a year he'd run out by June.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
The $1.3m it would have taken for Tigers to get Mitchell would severely deplete the rest of their side and they would win less. Not more.

Latrell plus two minimum wage replacements would basically take the same salary as Api, Bateman and Klemmer combined.

He's not one for the tough work and wouldn't carry a team on his own. He also floats in and out of games.

If you could bring Walker along with him you have definitely got a side that's going to finish a few spots higher. But not with Mitchell on his own and the players you would lose to squeeze him in.

Woody90

Juniors
Still makes me depressed that the Knights passed on him as a junior in favour of Brock f**king Lamb because they thought he was lazy.

Latrell’s a funny one. If I was starting a new club he’d be one of the first players I’d want, but he probably wouldn’t be in my top 5 choice fullbacks.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
If Latrell is married his wife might want to get a restraining order against Yvonne Sampson. Even when Souths and Latrell badly she just constantly fawns about how wonderful Latrell is.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
My mate had a theory, if he gets booed and bagged he comes out like a demon. If you just let the media say how wonderful he is, he continues to be lazy and do nothing.

BTW Woody, the knights never really knocked him back. He was taken to the CC by his dad who had a mate there and from then the Roosters connections kicked in

yobbo84

Coach
I think where it gets overplayed is when the media carry on like his return is suddenly going to boost a lazy team who has been playing like potatoes for 12 weeks, to all of a sudden premiership material again. When that doesn't happen it's "Latrell is overrated" instead of the tough questions about the team overall.

There is 1 bloke in our spine though who is a rep player on massive coin who really doesn't have anywhere near the input he should, and for a number of years now...

soc123_au

Staff member
I think where it gets overplayed is when the media carry on like his return is suddenly going to boost a lazy team who has been playing like potatoes for 12 weeks, to all of a sudden premiership material again. When that doesn't happen it's "Latrell is overrated" instead of the tough questions about the team overall.

There is 1 bloke in our spine though who is a rep player on massive coin who really doesn't have anywhere near the input he should, and for a number of years now...
Runs fast on sand but....

dogz08

First Grade

Not sure your halfback is going that well atm either