What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 87 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.3%

• Total voters

kurt faulk

Coach

The whole premise of nrl360 are their journos making up shit about players and stating it as fact.

It reminds me of a funny headline by the daily telegraph back in the day. Some guy was taking photos of women going up the escalator at some shopping centre. That paper called him a pervert. This just days after they had a blown up photo on the front page of sunny Bill getting it on with a woman in a toilet booth at a club in coogee. Their whole business model was showing upskirt photos of women coming out of cabs.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is there anyone grubbier than a ‘friend’ who takes photos of someone perhaps not in one of their finest moments, and then releases it publicly?

Out and out grubs. Just like the media that feeds off them.
Nope, there isn't. Not only releasing it, but allegedly trying to sell it. Pitiful.

Incidentally, what are the laws around distributing an image taken in a private place (such as this) even if it is an illegal act?

Put aside the issue of Latrell, because this is another issue for a guy who has them up the wazoo.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
lol at NRL360 spending 5 mins talking about who took the photo and no comment on Mitchells actions.
Golden child or what?
That's not exactly true, Braith said that if it was an illegal act, it is obviously an issue.

But honestly, it's very well documented that Latrell is a very troubled young man with a lot of money and time, mental health problems etc. There's not much more storyline in bashing this guy, pointing out his flaws etc. You've got to be kidding yourself to suggest he's a golden child. He's been a lightning rod for criticism for a long time now. I don't buy into the racist undertones of it that some people cite, and a lot of the time it's been justified. I've criticised him, too, for his lack of commitment.

I don't know what you're going to get out of going harder on him. He needs help, not more column inches of vitriol. Players and former players know this, and aren't going hard on him. I commend that. We can have the 'drugs are bad, mmkay' conversation and NRL can come down on it in their environment without Latrell having to be hung out to dry in public.

Latest posts