What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 90 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
Good

I hope they push this, I would love to see the NRL try and claim he isn't fit to play.

they won’t say shit.

I reckon they’ve handed the suspension down now with this “fit” clause specifically so Souths can name him next week and have him free to play next year.

The NRL are meekly just keep calling it a “white substance”. They never declare it as drugs or illicit substance or anything of that nature. That’s very deliberate as such an accusation would be slanderous without proof, of which they have none.

I reckon Souths and the NRL went into negotiations with this in mind, and in exchange for a hugely light punishment (if a player failed an in-season drug test for coke they’d get a hell of a lot more than a week) Souths and latrell agree to accept it so it can be put to bed before the finals start.

Perth Red

Post Whore
they won’t say shit.

I reckon they’ve handed the suspension down now with this “fit” clause specifically so Souths can name him next week and have him free to play next year.

The NRL are meekly just keep calling it a “white substance”. They never declare it as drugs or illicit substance or anything of that nature. That’s very deliberate as such an accusation would be slanderous without proof, of which they have none.

I reckon Souths and the NRL went into negotiations with this in mind, and in exchange for a hugely light punishment (if a player failed an in-season drug test for coke they’d get a hell of a lot more than a week) Souths and latrell agree to accept it so it can be put to bed before the finals start.
Nothing new, NRl has taken this light touch approach to this issue numerous times and they know if they actually came down hard the players would challenge them to prove it was anything illicit.