What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Incorrect

Coach
I mean it's certainly defamation in some regard. The question is whether it's worth the effort of litigation, like any civil matter. It ain't my area but he's probably got a case, it just might not be worth him actually pursuing.

Either way I prefer to keep making snide comments about both parties
Agreed. I think in the court of public opinion Salmon is probably the winner here and Stick most definitely the loser and that'll probably be good enough for the Salmon's...

Willow

Assistant Moderator

CLUB STATEMENT: RICKY STUART​

The Canberra Raiders would like to make the following statement following comments made in Saturday night’s post-match press conference by Head Coach Ricky Stuart.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said:

“As a club we do not condone the comments made by Ricky in Saturday night’s press conference and we are currently in dialogue with the NRL and cooperating with all their inquiries. We will accept their findings and any sanctions they hand down,” Furner said.

“Being a Head Coach is a high-pressure job and comes with intense scrutiny from fans, media, and public and we understand emotion is high following a match.

“However, as a club we acknowledge that coaches also have a responsibility to ensure they conduct themselves professionally when making public comment.”

“Ricky has already publicly apologised for his actions on Saturday night, and we will continue to support him both professionally and personally.”

King-Gutho94

Coach

CLUB STATEMENT: RICKY STUART​

The Canberra Raiders would like to make the following statement following comments made in Saturday night’s post-match press conference by Head Coach Ricky Stuart.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said:

“As a club we do not condone the comments made by Ricky in Saturday night’s press conference and we are currently in dialogue with the NRL and cooperating with all their inquiries. We will accept their findings and any sanctions they hand down,” Furner said.

“Being a Head Coach is a high-pressure job and comes with intense scrutiny from fans, media, and public and we understand emotion is high following a match.

“However, as a club we acknowledge that coaches also have a responsibility to ensure they conduct themselves professionally when making public comment.”

“Ricky has already publicly apologised for his actions on Saturday night, and we will continue to support him both professionally and personally.”

Interesting it took 2 days and only after Vossy gave the club a spray this morning.

Statement should have been released yesterday like Ricky's statement.

YoungPanther

Juniors
How has he apologised?? He has not once recanted his comments and apologised to Salmon.

Looking forward to how the 360 guys make him some kind of martyr tonight. Maybe for balance they could interview John Bateman or George Williams.

“I am truly sorry that I have caused my family and the game unwarranted attention.”

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
I'm not sure that he needs recant his comments. He has every right to his opinion of Salmon and has cause for his opinion.

The thing he did wrong was air his opinion in the public arena which he should not have done and he has apologised for doing.

He does owe him an apology for having the opinion in the first place.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
How has he apologised?? He has not once recanted his comments and apologised to Salmon.

Looking forward to how the 360 guys make him some kind of martyr tonight. Maybe for balance they could interview John Bateman or George Williams.

“I am truly sorry that I have caused my family and the game unwarranted attention.”

Kent and Stuart are good mates so just for once you can expect crickets out of him.

betcats

Referee
I'm not sure that he needs recant his comments. He has every right to his opinion of Salmon and has cause for his opinion.

The thing he did wrong was air his opinion in the public arena which he should not have done and he has apologised for doing.

He does owe him an apology for having the opinion in the first place.

If his cause for his opinion about Salmon is truly something that occurred when Salmon was 12 years old over a decade ago its just pathetic from Ricky, lets not act like its reasonable for him to be having this opinion after so long stemming from the actions of a child, it says a lot more about Ricky than it does Salmon.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
If his cause for his opinion about Salmon is truly something that occurred when Salmon was 12 years old over a decade ago its just pathetic from Ricky, lets not act like its reasonable for him to be having this opinion after so long stemming from the actions of a child, it says a lot more about Ricky than it does Salmon.
His parents have said that Ricky has had nothing to do with him since he was 12.

If Ricky had a negative opinion of Salmon based on what Salmon did to his kid what would Salmon have done since then for Ricky to have cause to change his opinion. Surely you don't think kicking one of Ricky's players in the groin and face is going to improve his opinion.

Bazal

Post Whore
His parents have said that Ricky has had nothing to do with him since he was 12.

If Ricky had a negative opinion of Salmon based on what Salmon did to his kid what would Salmon have done since then for Ricky to have cause to change his opinion. Surely you don't think kicking one of Ricky's players in the groin and face is going to improve his opinion.

Bruh I think the issue here is a grown ass man holding a dozen year grudge against a small child to be fair.

betcats

Referee

I would expect Ricky to be an adult and get the f**k over it tbh, kids do stupid things, whatever happened Salmon was a kid when it did happen, for Ricky to still need to make those comments about him 12 years later after minor bit of foul play is completely unreasonable. He can keep whatever opinions about Salmon he wants to but to be holding onto it so long to need to air Salmon out 12 years later is not normal.

bileduct

Coach
Is is honest to say Salmon is a weak gutted dog ?

Ricky would have to prove that’s correct not just that’s what he thinks is true

You don’t think calling somebody a weak gutted dog lowers their standing in the eyes of ordinary reasonable people ? Really ? Really ? How do you call someone a weak gutted dog and NOT lower someone’s standing ?

How has his reputation NOT been for effected by this ? I had no idea who he was a day ago now every media outlet is reporting him being called a weak gutted dog.

Come on man

Mate, this is bullshit.

It's honest to have an opinion that Salmon is a weak gutted dog person for kicking someone in the balls and then the head.

Salmon has no case whatsoever.

Latest posts