What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Green River Eel

Juniors
Stuart is well on his way to destroying the raiders.

His modus operandi is to make everybody believe the team he coaches is the worst in the comp, thus taking the pressure off himself, he will repeatedly tell his players and club his team is not good enough, then you get results like 42-0 in ONE HALF OF FOOTY lol.
The players out there today were fighting with each other, its already started.

Then he says in the presser ''i should have been harder on the boys after a poor session on wednesday, but if i did, blokes like you (talking to the journo) would say im too tough on the team and im too cranky''
BWAHAHAHA is this guy for real, blaming the journos for him not responding after a bad training session, i mean just fekking ridiculous, this is RS at his best.

He will demoralise the raiders club, and grind it in to the dirt.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Stuart is well on his way to destroying the raiders.

His modus operandi is to make everybody believe the team he coaches is the worst in the comp, thus taking the pressure off himself, he will repeatedly tell his players and club his team is not good enough, then you get results like 42-0 in ONE HALF OF FOOTY lol.
The players out there today were fighting with each other, its already started.

Then he says in the presser ''i should have been harder on the boys after a poor session on wednesday, but if i did, blokes like you (talking to the journo) would say im too tough on the team and im too cranky''
BWAHAHAHA is this guy for real, blaming the journos for him not responding after a bad training session, i mean just fekking ridiculous, this is RS at his best.

He will demoralise the raiders club, and grind it in to the dirt.

he's a joke blaming the loss on the media

absolute nuffy

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apparently if you don't lick a players balls at every opportunity you are a 'hater'

God I hate this generation Y bullshit mentality...can't believe I'm in the age bracket that's associated with it

El Diablo

Post Whore
Except he didn't. Stuart said that he wasn't hard enough on the team.

Then he pointed out how people like to twist things. Kind of like you just did.

i didn't twist shit http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...rashing-was-coming/1jgort2wukeim1qczjxqcpv89q

Asked why he didn't rip into his team, Stuart responded: "I'm trying to keep a happy camp and keep everyone upbeat.

"I come down to hard on people and blokes like you (in the media) come out and say I'm too cranky, I'm too tough on players."

T.S Quint

Coach
Except he didn't. Stuart said that he wasn't hard enough on the team.

Then he pointed out how people like to twist things. Kind of like you just did.

He basically said he didn't go hard on the team because the media doesn't like it.
If that's not blaming the media then I don't know what is.

Charlie124

First Grade
"One week they love me, the next week they hate me.
Both weeks I got paid."- Jack Wighton, April 27, 2014.

Stuart isn't the problem with the raiders.

Thats a great quote though, just shitty context to use it and not what fans of the club want to hear.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He basically said he didn't go hard on the team because the media doesn't like it.
If that's not blaming the media then I don't know what is.

First he said that he was trying to keep a happy camp.

Yes, he took a swipe at the media regarding the picture they paint of him. Plenty of people around here say that he upsets all his players.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Wow. Wighton is a tool.

He gets paid to play. Fair enough. But if he keeps playing like shit he will make less money in the near future.

What a slap to the faces of the fans. I support some gronks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As an outsider, it appears that a lot of the players at Canberra have shit attitudes. It's going to take some time and effort from Stuart to f**k them off or get them into mental shape, but once he does that, I'm sure the Raiders will compete.

I'm not Stuart's biggest fan, but I think he's up to the job.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ricky spends the entire pre season mapping out the strategy he will use to make himself look like a genius or victim. But never take any responsibility. He is in a great situation atm. If parra have a shit year its because he left. If they have a good year it was all the great work he did while he was there. The raiders then can go shit or well but he would prefer shit this season so he can claim a slight improvement next season and keep his job maybe even find another club dumb enough to sign him ffs.
Anyone could do the job he has done ths last five years or so.
He truly is a piece of shit and the wrong former raider was definitely recruited into politics.

Last edited: