What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Paullyboy

Coach
Gaz isn't on his own when it comes to loving McCrone. It genuinely baffled me how many different commentators held McCrone in such high regards. I honestly couldn't work out how he'd manage to pay off each and every one of them and still have enough money left over to pay off the coach each week.

(I reference McCrone in past tense as I'm hoping he's played his last game in first grade for us).

betcats

Referee
Ive heard McCrone being dropped is really a smokescreen for McCrone being moved to starting halfback because Sticky RIcky wants more experience in the halves

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gaz isn't on his own when it comes to loving McCrone. It genuinely baffled me how many different commentators held McCrone in such high regards. I honestly couldn't work out how he'd manage to pay off each and every one of them and still have enough money left over to pay off the coach each week.

(I reference McCrone in past tense as I'm hoping he's played his last game in first grade for us).

Several coaches as well.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ive heard McCrone being dropped is really a smokescreen for McCrone being moved to starting halfback because Sticky RIcky wants more experience in the halves

Nah if he was going to do that he'd bring in Sam Williams. I really think this was McCrone's last chance. Stick hooked him during a game last year (worst performance I've ever seen from a half) and kept him out for the rest of the season. I reckon he only got a shot this season because he trained the house down and performed well in the trials. Now he's gone back to stinking to place up and the coach has finally had enough.

Kiwi

First Grade
Nah if he was going to do that he'd bring in Sam Williams. I really think this was McCrone's last chance. Stick hooked him during a game last year (worst performance I've ever seen from a half) and kept him out for the rest of the season. I reckon he only got a shot this season because he trained the house down and performed well in the trials. Now he's gone back to stinking to place up and the coach has finally had enough.
Stuart can't handle someone doing a better job of stinking up the place. All McCrone had to do was play mostly crap, but no he had to go full genius and out perform the coach.

gUt

Coach
I used to think McCrone was a fairly dynamic runner. But what happened when Hodgson went off and McCrone went on just seemed to be blatant.

He may be the type of player that would go well at Melbourne or in England.

Kiwi

First Grade
My above post is so wrong and I would like to apologize

I'm sorry Stuart isn't a coaches arsehole and I will never use the word coach when refering to Ricky Stuart again I am.sorry..

nick87

Coach
The love McCrone gets from his coaches and the media is one of the spookiest things i have ever encountered, it genuinely unexplainable and there for can only be ET technology.

I havent met a single sane fan who rates him, yet every coach and his dog can not stop raving about him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
My above post is so wrong and I would like to apologize

I'm sorry Stuart isn't a coaches arsehole and I will never use the word coach when refering to Ricky Stuart again I am.sorry..

Aren't you that guy who cries until threads like this get caved?

God-King Dean

Immortal
The love McCrone gets from his coaches and the media is one of the spookiest things i have ever encountered, it genuinely unexplainable and there for can only be ET technology.

I havent met a single sane fan who rates him, yet every coach and his dog can not stop raving about him.

My theory is that because Raider games don't receive much attention/FTA coverage, people talk positively about him just to appear knowledgeable about the team.

Only explanation I can think of.

betcats

Referee
My theory is that because Raider games don't receive much attention/FTA coverage, people talk positively about him just to appear knowledgeable about the team.

Only explanation I can think of.

Gaz works for fox though he has probably had to sit through a lot of Raiders games the last couple years, more than anyone should be forced to watch.

Latest posts