What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm not a fan of blaming the coach for everything. I think it's just a cop out.

Having said that - the one thing I'll blame a coach for is poor selections. The continued selection of Josh McCrone simply astounds me. The selection of Bill Tupou was just as bad.

The two of them alone combined to let in at least 2 simple tries whilst offering absolutely nothing but nuisance value in attack as always.

If McCrone doesn't get dropped, I just don't see how I can find the energy to give up my Sunday to watch them again next week.

God-King Dean

Immortal
yep

although that team was alright. had Gal, Bird, Noddy. had some nice pieces.

Round 1 beat manly by 6
Round 2 beat melbourne by 1 in GP
Round 4 beat St George by 2 in GP
Round 5 beat Souths by 2.
Round 9 beat NQ by 6
Round 10 beat Broncos by 7
Round 13 beat Panthers by 2
Round 15 beat Parra by 2 on the siren on a penalty
Round 19 beat Newcastle by 3
Round 21 beat St George by 1
Round 26 beat Cowboys by 6

get into the grind....

I loved that 2008 team. The grinding style, & most games came down to the wire. Great viewing.

Didn't like the game I highlighted though lol.

Where's Loudstrat? Would love to hear the dropkick continue defending the great coach our times

5210896-3x2-940x627.jpg

He defended him right to the death.

betcats

Referee
I actually think they have looked better this year. Austin was a good buy, I always had high hopes for him at Penrith. Sis Waqa has been good too. Cornish is still finding his feet but he should improve, Wighton is going to be a great player. They have a couple young hard running forwards our there, Vaughan is a quality player. They are just lacking a quality centre and hooker.

I'll never rate sticky as a coach but things aren't looking so bleak out there imo.

nick87

Coach
People will start becoming aware of Hodgson as the year goes on.
He is good. Maybe not Smith/Farah/Friend good but from what i've seen, he is going to be in the mix at the next teir

betcats

Referee
Hodgson is the 9 we've been after for a very long time. We just need to get more minutes out of him.

Actually forgot about him, he does look quite good. Whos the last hooker you were happy with? I cant even think of them. I know Tongue finished up there but he was no hooker.

betcats

Referee
Woolford! Forgot him too. he was good but yeah you definitely should of kept Priddis though im glad you didnt.

Paullyboy

Coach
He's done it. He's dropped McCrone.

This could just be the most uplifting moment for the Raiders since Josh Dugan was diagnosed with hepatitis.

Sticky for coach of the year (as long as McCrone isn't a late inclusion).

nick87

Coach
Woolford! Forgot him too. he was good but yeah you definitely should of kept Priddis though im glad you didnt.

Yeah Woolford was decent. But he was hard to like because he was such a POS.

If he plays out 2015-16 the way he's started his first three games, Hodgson might be our 2nd best hooker of all time within 2 years

nick87

Coach
Woh! Getting far too ahead of yourself there I think nick.

Steve Walters is #1 and is basically impossible to surpass...

Simon Woolford is almost certainly our 2nd best hooker of all time right now (Priddis didnt contribute enough to our club to be in the conversation IMO, all his best footy at other clubs) and he was bog average.

I dont think it will take much for Hodgson to surpass Woolford tbh.