What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He was the raiders best in the first 20. Stick looked at the game and thought hmmm I've got a feeling mccrone will be great here.

TBH I can understand that......to a degree.

It was part of his game plan and at 18 - 0 up he had no reason to change it.

There were no answers when Hodgson came back on in the last part of the game either.

The common theme in the first 3 matches is our inability to score in the second half and I can't get my head around it.

Fibroman

First Grade
Not only the most overrated, but also has got the biggest nostrils of any coach in history. Also a grub.

gUt

Coach
I thought Canberra looked really good in the first half and in my head i was giving Ricky credit where it was apparently due. But then his half time speech took effect...

--Storm--

Juniors
His team's never run away with it when they start well and that's on him.

Even the year he had a good year with the Sharks and come 3rd? they won most there games by 1 or 2, if a few of them had gone the other way they wouldn't have made the eight.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
I thought Canberra looked really good in the first half and in my head i was giving Ricky credit where it was apparently due. But then his half time speech took effect...

Seriously he should just not talk to his team

Even the year he had a good year with the Sharks and come 3rd? they won most there games by 1 or 2, if a few of them had gone the other way they wouldn't have made the eight.

yep

although that team was alright. had Gal, Bird, Noddy. had some nice pieces.

Round 1 beat manly by 6
Round 2 beat melbourne by 1 in GP
Round 4 beat St George by 2 in GP
Round 5 beat Souths by 2.
Round 9 beat NQ by 6
Round 10 beat Broncos by 7
Round 13 beat Panthers by 2
Round 15 beat Parra by 2 on the siren on a penalty
Round 19 beat Newcastle by 3
Round 21 beat St George by 1
Round 26 beat Cowboys by 6

get into the grind....

bottle

Coach
Not only the most overrated, but also has got the biggest nostrils of any coach in history. Also a grub.

Imagine those nostrils inhaling the fumes from Mary's marker, he'd dead set OD on xylene.

Seriously though, you f**kers should just leave Ricky alone. He has single handedly negated the hoodoo, in fact he may have thrown it into a full on reverse.

I love him.