What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Paullyboy

Coach
He was monumentally unsuccessful at the Eels.

There isn't a person alive who could have made the Eels better. The board is a mess, the roster was terribly built and the culture was diabolical.

I get that the Eels need a scapegoat, but if you think Stuart is the reason, you're just burying your head in the sand.

I like Stuart for the fact he's cleared out the deadwood, that he's a club legend, and that he undoubtedly loves the Raiders (that last point alone isn't enough though, as Furner unfortunately proved). I'm still yet to see if he's fixed the ludicrous issue of our fringe defence (I had to work on the weekend, so I've only seen us play once this year). That was our biggest deficiency in 2015 and was the only reason we weren't a finals-team.

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
Haha you AFL supporters sure do have a weird way of interpreting things.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it, you're not worth my time

El Diablo

Post Whore
Haha you AFL supporters sure do have a weird way of interpreting things.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it, you're not worth my time

ashley-ferl_l.jpg

Say what you want about Rick's coaching but the man has done a lot of good in his time. Yes he is chronic sook when he is losing but he has a pretty decent mind for the game. You don't make three consecutive grand finals by being a mug. I have softened my views on old stick.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
R.Stuart in GFs: 1/3
T.Robinson in GFs: 1/1

It's early days. If the Roosters end up 14th next year, or miss the 8 this year, then we can start to compare.

But to call Robinson a myth during his 2nd season? Wow, Nostradamus has nothing on you.

betcats

Referee
Robinson talk is way to early imo. He has to miss the 8 for the next couple seasons, he has had that team firing since he got there.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's pretty hard to maintain a loaded squad like that these days. Unfortunately for coaches, teams like the Roosters don't have a lot of patience for rebuilding.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah its the roosters if they have any patience at all robinson will have a good squad in a year or so. Its a club based in one of the most desirable locations to live in australia and loaded with connections for tpas.

beejay001

Juniors
R.Stuart in GFs: 1/3
T.Robinson in GFs: 1/1

It's early days. If the Roosters end up 14th next year, or miss the 8 this year, then we can start to compare.

But to call Robinson a myth during his 2nd season? Wow, Nostradamus has nothing on you.

2013 he walked into the most stacked team for 20 years.
This is the first year his team isn't the best team in the comp on paper. Still top 4.
Bit of adversity, let's see how he goes.

McLovin

Staff member
I don't think he's that terrible. To be fair, his team is missing some pretty handy players. I'm sure if you took out any teams best half, best prop, and best second rower, they'd struggle a bit...

nick87

Coach
Robinson talk is way to early imo. He has to miss the 8 for the next couple seasons, he has had that team firing since he got there.

Couldn't agree more
Robinson is one of the best in the game, he's got 7-8 of his best on the sidelines. Beejay has lost his f**king mind. Hearty Lulz to be had at that post in years to come

The Enforcer

Juniors
One of the greats who never should have won last week and then found a way to lead his team to a gutsy draw against one of the premiership favourites in the Knights today.