What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

butchmcdick

Immortal
ol Kenty sure loves defending Ricky

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
ol Kenty sure loves defending Ricky

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
His obviously targeted Rickys autistic daughter in a hurtful or malicious manner but as a 12 year old which me personally although not good doesn't define him as a person now.
Yeah, I mean I didn't want to speculate (because that's what Kent has done by saying what he's said) but that's what I imagined it was. And whilst that is putrid, when it is said by a 11-12 year old over a decade ago, no one is expecting Stuart to be best mates with him but it's pathetic to still hold that level of a grudge so far on.

nick87

Coach
The local media have never been particularly critical of the club, its coaches, administrators or the board, even when it should have been. That was the case long before Stuart was the HC

Certainly they love Ricky but it's not a specifically a Stuart issue, they were like this with Henry, Furner, Elliott... it comes back to the John McIntyre, the QBN Mafia and their influence. The local media guys are, for lack of a better term, weak gutted dog people who are more interested in cosying up to these guys and being buddy buddy than they are in holding them accountable to anything.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It goes beyond that.

There is a weird reverence for the bloke.
I agree.

I think what it is, is two fold - they blow wind up Stuart's arse because he probably feeds them stories, and they also love the feeling of being nerdy media types who are 'friends' with an NRL coach/former player. I'd probably point out to them that Ricky would drop them like a hot pie if it suited him.

Valheru

Coach
Could think of plenty of other things Jaeman might have done that he wouldn’t want to own up to.

Would make him the much bigger man to come out and say “I did xyz as a kid, I’m embarrassed about it, I’m sorry and I now know better”

If he doesn’t know what he did, could say that also, although it wouldn’t be very credible.

Absolutely relevant what happened. As it stands one bloke is getting lots of stick for saying something, while the other gets to play dumb.

Or the bloke who randomly brought it in to the public domain could tell us what allegedly happened instead of hiding behind the ridiculous notion that he doesn't want the sympathy vote or he doesn't want to out his family through it again like his sycophantic media mates would have us believe.

At the end of the day Ricky brought this to our attention. Had he not said anything and/or just addressed the on field actions we would all be none the wiser. Therefore it is contingent on Ricky to tell us the full story so Salmon and his family have something tangible to respond to. He has every right not to do that but it makes him look gutless... weak gutted dog like one might say.

Iamback

Coach
Or the bloke who randomly brought it in to the public domain could tell us what allegedly happened instead of hiding behind the ridiculous notion that he doesn't want the sympathy vote or he doesn't want to out his family through it again like his sycophantic media mates would have us believe.

At the end of the day Ricky brought this to our attention. Had he not said anything and/or just addressed the on field actions we would all be none the wiser. Therefore it is contingent on Ricky to tell us the full story so Salmon and his family have something tangible to respond to. He has every right not to do that but it makes him look gutless... weak gutted dog like one might say.

That is the thing, Salmon played v Canberra earlier in the year. Could of called him aside and brought it up with him and dealt with the issue which would of been the adult thing to do

Pantherjim.

Referee
The crux of this issue is that In all seriousness, does anyone actually give a shit as to what Jaeman Salmon said or did as an 11 year old kid?

If you do, you’re either trying to ride the coattails of the “Poor Sticky” bandwagon or your emotional and psychological stability is as fragile as Sticky and Kent’s.

Everything else has been settled by the League Judiciary.

Valheru

Coach
That is the thing, Salmon played v Canberra earlier in the year. Could of called him aside and brought it up with him and dealt with the issue which would of been the adult thing to do

TBH I would still find that odd behaviour... to call aside a young player and confront him over actions 12 years ago as an 11 year old. But yeah that would have been a lot better than the route he went down.

The real adult thing to do would have been to have a conversation with the parents of the 11 year old child at the time and notify them of their sons behaviour so they could address it and then get over it at some point in the proceding 12 years.

mongoose

Coach
TBH I would still find that odd behaviour... to call aside a young player and confront him over actions 12 years ago as an 11 year old. But yeah that would have been a lot better than the route he went down.

The real adult thing to do would have been to have a conversation with the parents of the 11 year old child at the time and notify them of their sons behaviour so they could address it and then get over it at some point in the proceding 12 years.
stuart should have just got Hudson or Tapine to target the little weak gutted dog on the field

Reflector

Juniors
Yeah i think what pisses off more people with Ricky is the protection racket run in the media by his mates Kent, Crawley and co that Ricky is absolved from any criticism no matter the situation.

Then what Ricky actually does.

Unlike anyone else in the game it is always Saint Ricky no matter how Canberra are going & its never his fault. Especially when you compare similar situations to other coaches they are happy to throw under the bus like greyhounds when blood is in the air.

It's similar to Cameron Smith and his antics when playing.

The NRL always finding a way to weasel him out of a charge in the last 6-7 years of his career and the media just excusing it as oh its just Cameron Smith he can do what he wants.
Imagine a team coached by Stick with Scam Smith as his assistant...

This Year?

Immortal
spilling-spits.gif

Got me good you hilarious merkin 😂 😂😂😂😂

Seeing as being called a dog in Australia is not exactly a compliment , let’s say Stuart called one the following Aussie insults
A. Weak gutted fairy
B . Weak gutted nice person
C. Weak gutted tosser
D. Weak gutted nonce
E. Weak gutted sus merkin
F. Weak gutted gronk
G. Weak gutted flog

Any of those cause a different result ?
Id say A&B would be cause for dismissal

Lift your game Sticky …..

nice person - poo F

Latest posts