What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Robbie Farah the 2nd greatest hooker of all-time?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Steady on. The best hookers played when we had contested scrums. Modern hookers are watered down versions of their predecessors.

I'd say he's the second best in the world at present, but not ever. Not close.

MacDougall

First Grade
Farah is better than Smith and this season people will start to see it. There isn't a thing Smith does better than Farah and in head to head meetings Farah has outplayed him on the regular. Neither are close to the GOAT hooker.

pirie

Juniors
Farah is better than Smith and this season people will start to see it. There isn't a thing Smith does better than Farah and in head to head meetings Farah has outplayed him on the regular. Neither are close to the GOAT hooker.

Thi,s give Farah the luxury of Cronk and slater and then farah would be considered goat

MacDougall

First Grade
Cam Smith respects the hell out of Farah's skill and throughout that entire farcical run of Ennis as NSW 9 Smith was constantly tossing up Farah when asked. Can't wait for Origin this year just to see if Robbie turns it up again tbh. Dude has started this year on fire. His performance last night was superb in every aspect.

First Grade

I can't say i have seen Robbie kick many goals, but according to your theory if he did he would be better at it than Smith.

TimmyB

Juniors
It's hard to measure because he never got the chance to show his wares at Origin level. Old man Buderus kept the spot year after year despite Farah being by far the more influential player at club level. With no top quality halves since Johns until recently, Farah was close to the most dangerous attacking players NSW had. Farah finally got two chances of which one game was admittedly horrible. He was dropped and essentially stamped never to play origin again. They were going to pick old man Buderus until he got injured! He showed he was up to it last year. I don't think you could fairly argue Smith was any better in origin last year. I don't think Farah improved massively between his chances at origin. Who knows how he would have gone if he'd been eased into the team off the bench while Buderus was still playing?

Anyway, Smith's record stands alone. Best strategic decision maker I've ever seen. It is incredible how he controls the tempo of a game.

In terms of threat to the try line - tries, try assists, line breaks, line break assists, and attacking kicks I think Farah has him covered.

And Isaac Luke better than Farah, come on. Absurd.

glockers

Juniors
Benny Elias and the Walters brothers have to be in this discussion. I believe Farah is better than Smith but due to NSW selectors being idiots it is hard to prove that.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I have all the time in the world for Robbie Farah. He'd have to be my favourite non Souths player. Whatever the Tigers are paying him they should double it. IMO he's worth much more to them than Benji.

Has always come across as a good and decent bloke off the field aswell.

cv8z

Juniors
Benny Elias and the Walters brothers have to be in this discussion. I believe Farah is better than Smith but due to NSW selectors being idiots it is hard to prove that.

Walters/Elias battles were better than Smith/Farah

butchmcdick

Post Whore

Holds up trophies ?

glockers

Juniors
Walters/Elias battles were better than Smith/Farah

Walters brothers and Elias are above Smith by a long way. The discussion should be about whether Farah is elevated to the same level as the Walters brothers and Elias.

I don't believe Smith is as good as those players.

Good player but not as great as some make out.

This is similar to everyone praising Lockyer. The guy is good but not in the same league as Langer.

cv8z

Juniors
Walters brothers and Elias are above Smith by a long way. The discussion should be about whether Farah is elevated to the same level as the Walters brothers and Elias.

I don't believe Smith is as good as those players.

Good player but not as great as some make out.

This is similar to everyone praising Lockyer. The guy is good but not in the same league as Langer.

Locky was good but langer has been the best bronco so far I reckon
Walters and Elias are the best hookers I've seen play.
On skill I'd say Elias a nose ahead of Walters
Toughness I'd go with Walters

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Buderus has won a Dally M medal and around that time and for a couple of years later was being discussed as being on par with Steve Walters. Farah is yet to come close to these 2 players.

Latest posts