What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Sandow a champion in the making?

BranVan3000

Coach
This is a kid with so much potential IMO, he shows some real brilliance at times. And there's a real divide on people who love him and hate him, but I think I can see why John Lang has put so much faith into him from his form in the last two months. I'd argue he's become a candidate for our player of the year off it.

Anyone else glad we are putting the effort in to develop him?

david36

Juniors
I’ve been a bit critical of Sandow in the past; He didn’t have the best season last year and struggled in the first half of this season as well.
He’s been playing some really good footy over the last couple months, He’s kicking game has improved a hell of allot and he seems to be guiding the team around the park allot better.
Maybe Sutton getting injured has been a blessing in disguise for him. One thing that stands out and makes me really happy we have him on our side is he’s passion and determination you can see it when he’s playing he just wants to win so badly and he’s a tuff bugger as well. If allot of the other players turned up with his attitude every week we would be in a better position than we are now that’s for sure.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
there is 3 players out there who love to play and aren't worried about contracts and all that crap. luke, burgess and sandow each week you can see they play because they love the game. on sandow, he is getting better each week just doing the things you want from your halfback, control the game, direct the forwards and feed the backs. he is slowly learning and will be great for our club especially if we keep these 3 for life as they are all young and can only get better

Zigwaa

Bench
He is getting better after a slow start to the year. He's still young so his best footy is still ahead of him.

It's good to finally have a permanent number 7 after the number halfbacks we've had since reinstatement.

gUt

Coach
It would be great to see Sandow mentored by someone like Langer or Johns to really bring the best out of him.

DC_fan

Coach
Sandow has lifted his game a lot in the past month, especially since Sutton has been out injured.

My concern with Sandow is his sometimes Kamikaze tackle style.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
there is 3 players out there who love to play and aren't worried about contracts and all that crap. luke, burgess and sandow each week you can see they play because they love the game. on sandow, he is getting better each week just doing the things you want from your halfback, control the game, direct the forwards and feed the backs. he is slowly learning and will be great for our club especially if we keep these 3 for life as they are all young and can only get better

This.

I think there's something a little crazy about each of those individuals. Something that stops them from thinking "that's impossible".

I'd be tempted to add Dave Taylor to the list too. He's getting better and better and he certainly doesn't lack for imagination in attack.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
ike i agree taylor was the difference against the eels. it's going to be hard to keep them plus the young stars coming thru hopefully we keep the ones that can kick on and not the one's that won't get better. i look forward to seeing our top 25 for next year should be class

jackb

Juniors
ike i agree taylor was the difference against the eels. it's going to be hard to keep them plus the young stars coming thru hopefully we keep the ones that can kick on and not the one's that won't get better. i look forward to seeing our top 25 for next year should be class

Agreed Hindy but we have been proactive in signing the players we need most. All under 20s players are signed for next year other than Peats and we are working on him. Burgess signed for 4 years, Taylor 3 and Luke is keen to extend his contract again. The top 25 for next season should look terrific and will probably include Farrell and Morgan who have just been named in the Toyota Cup team of the tear. The future looks good for us!

Fien

Juniors
He is a definate champion in the making but needs to lift his consistency and also give up trying to hit like a frontrower.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Sandow was complete rubbish in 2009, the worst half in the comp. He started off 2010 playing similarly. But fortunately he has put all that behind him and improved heaps since the early rounds. Definitely looks to have turned corner and got back on the path he was on in 2008. One of the best young halves around now

It was lucky Lang took over as coach. I got the impression Sandow's 2009 playing style was a JT inspired thing where he tended to drift sideways and not run the ball. Jeremy Smith did similar things under JT before this. Sandow has started running a lot more himself under Lang and this makes plenty of difference

andrew057

First Grade
Ive been one of Sandows biggest critics, but he has been superb in the past 6 weeks or so. I don't think he will ever be a "champion" player, but can see him being a solid first grader if he can show some consistency.

MattJ

Juniors
He has really silenced some critics in the last month and a bit, having the extra responsibility heaped on him with Suttons injury seems to have given him a shot of much needed confidence in steering the side around.
I think his kicking game has been a massive plus for the side during this period too, has it all over sutton in that regard.
hopefully next year Sandow can play consistantly with this type of form, and sutton can have less of a play making burden and better utilise his running game.

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
He's been playing terrifically for the last 2 and a 1/2 months. Passionate and fearless. I was as sceptical as everyone else but he's proved me wrong and he's playing exciting footy.

Sugar

Bench
I have always been a fan
He will get better and better
I think JT put a chain on him and now Lang has given him license to play his own game, he is in good form and full of confidence. He will deliver for us in the coming years

We also have Reynolds pushing him aswell

Sugar

Bench
He has really silenced some critics in the last month and a bit, having the extra responsibility heaped on him with Suttons injury seems to have given him a shot of much needed confidence in steering the side around.
I think his kicking game has been a massive plus for the side during this period too, has it all over sutton in that regard.
hopefully next year Sandow can play consistantly with this type of form, and sutton can have less of a play making burden and better utilise his running game.
In 2011 let Sandow control the game, Sutton can chime in and do his thing when he gets motivated to do something

Ttime

Juniors
In 2011 let Sandow control the game, Sutton can chime in and do his thing when he gets motivated to do something

2011 will be the last year for Sutton i think... he will be looking to shop himself around as he believes this is going to be the last contract of his career...

thoughts people?

Latest posts