What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Bartercard Cup sposed to be a secret ?

ozbash

Referee
Wife tried to put up a preview for the B/Cup and the only info she and her loyal helpers could find was a first round draw !

FFS, I wish the newly revamped, fan friendly, NZRL would get its sh*t together.

Last year was bad, seems this year is worse.

BRING BACK SEL !! :(

ozbash

Referee
cheers mate, i think she has the draw but finding anything else out is like extracting teeth, nzrl just dont seem interested.

got a bit of info from the Press and Dom Post so its half there.

i would have thought the Auck ' franchises' would be full of it :p , and couldnt find anything from down your way (which is usually pretty good)

we'll soldier on.

t.a.nolan@farmside.co.nz for future reference :cool:

mean

Juniors
Try this website.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=7-3926-49238-53672-0&pool=0&round=0&a=FIXTURE

NZRL has the opportunity to use this platform to enable every club in NZ to have it's very own user friendly website. That way everyone can view, contact, be kept up to date etc with grassroots, provincial, representative football etc.

This system can also be used for administrative purposes for competitions, transfers, disciplinary matters etc as well.

I sound like a salesperson, but have utilised it and see huge benefits for NZ league as the Aussies currently do.

I've proposed this system to NZRL for past three years and it didn't look like it was going to be implemented under Sel or anyone else. Had brief discussions with Andrew Chalmers late last year and he stated that they were currently looking at it. Well done for it's implementation.

The only obstacle will be Auckland league as I would presume that they would be reluctant to give up its website to join a national platform.

Have a look at it. Click onto the franchises and tell me otherwise whether some club in the suburbs, districts or remoteness would not find this a useful tool as a means of simple communication for it's club members.

Check out all the Aussie clubs as well.

mean

Juniors
When Nadine Conlon left a huge void was also left in NZRL. Can't see Bailey, Cordzt, Pearson, Wakely or co. updating the website.

ozbash

Referee
When Nadine Conlon left a huge void was also left in NZRL

yep, i think thats pretty much the guts of it.

AliN

Live Update Team
yes one think about Nadene was that she kept everyone informed, and did her best.

playdaball

Bench
Oh no not another RL scandal !!

There was a piece in the Herald this morning that looked a little dodgy.

ozbash

Referee
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10434171

The Auckland and New Zealand Rugby League boards are facing criticism - the ARL after it voted its board a free trip to Brisbane for the test next week and the NZRL accused of undemocratic processes in the run-up to new elections.

The seven-member ARL board passed a majority vote to go to the Anzac test and all would travel despite the vote not being unanimous, said chairman Cameron McGregor.

The trip was a reward for the members, who put in long hours for an annual honorarium of $1000. The cost of air fares and accommodation was "not huge". Critics say it takes money that might have been spent on development of the game.

The NZRL, meanwhile, has restored the voting rights of districts that remain under review because they are either bankrupt or have failed to file proper accounts, budgets and business plans. Those opposed fear backroom deals to snare the districts' votes of Otago, Hawkes Bay, Wellington and Gisborne.

There is also concern at the NZRL board's shifting of the role of returning officer from contracted accountant Brian Mills to NZRL manager Peter Cordtz, which is viewed by some as removing some of the transparency in the election process. The prospect of court action looms.

with regard to the brissy trip, fair enough but the returning officer drama sounds a bit iffy.

RLIF

Juniors
i see on the NZRL site they have the draw up for the BC and for all the Alliances....i cant believe it!!

Skinner

Coach
playdaball said:
Oh no not another RL scandal !!

There was a piece in the Herald this morning that looked a little dodgy.

No...actually advertising for people to do stuff, like promote etc.

SpartanSlayer

Juniors
With regards to the BC being apparantly low key, you would think being New Zealands PREMIER league comp, the NZRL would be promoting it at every oppurtunity it could, thats the only way to get more than the players families into the grounds because they the only ones who know the games are on. and whats up with moving most of the Stallions home games to Aux? just to get a TV game. Cant the cameras come to Huntly or Resthills. or are the NZRL scared of having a home crowd for the Stallions?

Micistm

Bench
I must admit I always forget about the local comp, which is awful and I'm embarrassed about it.
As for the NZRL, you get this feeling they think they can't compete with Rugby Union so why bother?! There's no promotion for BC, you have to actively seek info and often can't find it as Oz rightly points out...it's still a shambles. I know it's not a wealthy comp compared to other sports but it's almost like there's no attempt to even try.
Top marks to Moari TV with their coverage though- What it needs is a bit more promotion, forgetful ****s like me always forget to watch. Maybe some good adverts in the TV guide, some games broadcast (delayed) at night, maybe some Bartercard Roundup programmes to promote the comp, with players of the round profiled (And perhaps a RL round up of news in NRL and SL as well). And NZRL should come to the party and help them. They shouldn't have to do it all on their own, and it seems like they are at the moment.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Am guessing that they don't want to promote a comp that it looks like they will be shafting at the end of this season.

I remember as a young fella growing up watching the Lion Red Cup. It had a good profile, good free to air coverage and seemed to be well supported. I was being given some sort of fan membership for the Counties-Maunkau Heroes and thought it was awesome, even though i don't live there lol

Latest posts