What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a NRL commercial this year?

taste2taste

Juniors
about this time each year the NRL releases it TV ad for the new season. Usaully its rubbish ( barring the Tina Turna ones) but celebrating 100 years they couldnt possible stuff that up. All you need is some images of the games greats some shots of the SCG in the old days packed to the rafters and some decent music played in the background.
Is there an ad for this year?

shaggy

Juniors
the launch is today at birchgrove oval, so with any luck it should be on tv tonight

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah there was a Fox-Sports based ad released on Fan Day which still gets plenty of air time on Fox but that's it so far. Tonight @ Birchgrove is the Season Launch we should see an ad tonight :cool:

donkey|rope

Juniors
i was beginning to think there was no ad this year. i was expecting gallop to call it 'an integral to rugby league's centenary celebrations'.

ps. anyone seen that afl ad on fox? that one with the kids saying 'i am such and such's passion". f**k me, why do they always have to get it right? it hits the 'family friendly' nail right on the head.

40/20

Juniors
donkey|rope said:
i was beginning to think there was no ad this year. i was expecting gallop to call it 'an integral to rugby league's centenary celebrations'.

ps. anyone seen that afl ad on fox? that one with the kids saying 'i am such and such's passion". f**k me, why do they always have to get it right? it hits the 'family friendly' nail right on the head.

What that stupid ad where the fumbleball fans are holding moving pictures of their favourite criminals such as ablett snr thats just a fox sports ad

ps. how funny is that bit i am nick reiwolts courage :crazy:

Danos

Juniors
Saw an add this morning on 9 for the footy. Has the whole channel 9 commentary team lined up side by side and walking across telstra stadium towards the camera. Laurie Daley & Matty Johns did most of the talking. The theme this year seems to be "heart".

Danish

Referee
The MNF ad is by far the funniest, best ad I have seen for league in a long time.

Roy absolutely hammered that poor bastard :lol:

The Tank

Bench
You know what would be a cool idea. The NRL could broadcast events such as these on the internet. Maybe not live, but maybe half-hour delays with interviews and highlights from each event filtering in over the course of the night. Even put a package online the next day. Just an idea.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
The Tank said:
You know what would be a cool idea. The NRL could broadcast events such as these on the internet. Maybe not live, but maybe half-hour delays with interviews and highlights from each event filtering in over the course of the night. Even put a package the next day online. Just an idea.

Woah ease up there... That would be too hard for the guys at NRL HQ to organise. They are incapable of coming up with ideas like that.

Unfortunately the words NRL and marketing are rarely mentioned in the same sentence ....

Latest posts