What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Cliffhanger

Coach
How about posting total tackles before you say Soward's better in defence. Let me do if for you: Soward: 104, Pearce: 148. Selective stats are nice aren't they?

If you want stats then fine, Soward beats your man crush Pearce, even in defence. This season:

Soward - 9 games, 12 try assists, 7 line breaks, ~4900 kick meters, 20 missed tackles
Pearce - 9 games, 8 try assists, 1 line breaks, ~2400 kick meters, 26 missed tackles

Are you and raidersarentpremiers the same person?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but judging by those numbers Soward misses roughly 1 every 5.2 tackles, while Pearce misses 1 every 5.6 tackles.

Soward has 7 linebreaks to the 1 of Pearce, so much for having a shit running game :lol:

Soward shows him up in every Dragons vs Roosters game.

Keep fighting the good fight, maybe Mitchell will one day recruit you as his PR man :lol:
Why are you muppets comparing Pearce with Soward, they play different positions? Comparing their head to head stats is silly.

I don't think Soward will make a good origin player but at least he earnt his spot in the NSW squad, Pearce didn't. Why NSW want to bet their future on one of the most lacklustre halfbacks in the game beats me. Pearce's kicking game is shit, his last tackle options are atrocious and he is the most predictable halfback in the game.

j0nesy

Bench
Why are you muppets comparing Pearce with Soward, they play different positions? Comparing their head to head stats is silly.

I don't think Soward will make a good origin player but at least he earnt his spot in the NSW squad, Pearce didn't. Why NSW want to bet their future on one of the most lacklustre halfbacks in the game beats me. Pearce's kicking game is shit, his last tackle options are atrocious and he is the most predictable halfback in the game.

This is why. I also wanted to stir up manlovepearce a bit. Achieved both by the look of it. :)

j0nesy

Bench
How about posting total tackles before you say Soward's better in defence. Let me do if for you: Soward: 104, Pearce: 148. Selective stats are nice aren't they?

Hey dickhead, if they wanted someone with a high tackle rate then they would have picked Hindmarsh at half :lol:

Slackboy72

Coach
If I have an issue with Pearce is that he offers nothing except for inside balls and aimless bombs. It's like he learnt to play from watching Braith Anasta...

ellskimore

Juniors
I dont have a problem with Pearce being in the side, but it is obvious he is the golden child and will be protected by Ricky at all costs. That I have a problem with.

adamkungl

Immortal

Absolute nonsense.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Absolute nonsense.
Have you been watching Pearce play this year, his kicking game against 50uff$ was okay and has been garbage since then, even in City/Country his best match of the season his kicking game was poor. His last tackle plays are as uncreative as it gets. It is like he learnt to play by watching Anasta.

Pearce is the new Finch just with a little more natural ability and less results.

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce was one of the main reasons for our successes in both 08 and last year. He's been in some iffy form but we've also had Carney out with injuries and off field dramas, half our forward pack injured, 2 of our better backs out, and no one has been playing well in general. But fine, judge the bloke on 8 weeks of football rather than the entirety of last year. He deserved his Origin spot, although was definitely helped by lack of options.
He is still better than Mullen and Wallace, who are honestly the only other options.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Finch looked good in 03 and 04 because of Fittler, once Fittler was removed from the equasion it became apparent he was a myth.

2008 was Anasta's best season, Carney was simply a freak last year. We won four matches without Pearce last year but look how we struggle without Carney.

Pearce will never be more than a solid halfback and is not the next best thing like he has been built up to be.

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce and Carney complement each others' games. Carney isn't exactly the messiah without a decent halfback leading the team around. The games we win with the Carney + Anasta combo tend to be close, low scoring games when the other team is just as farked as we are. I remember last year we only beat the Tigpies because Beau genius dropped a bomb with 2 mins left on the clock. Pearce's kicking game is both better and more suited to controlling a game than either Carney or Anasta. Last year Pearce led most halfback stats.

Sleep

Juniors
I don't understand the hate for Wallace. He played two games for NSW and was great in one and played three quarters of the other match with a ruptured nut.

He's tough as nails, great defensively and while his running game isn't as good as Mullens I would have absolutely no problems with him playing half before he and Pearce.

He hasn't been great at the Broncos but he's playing along side Lockyer who commands and gets the majority of the ball.

In City/Country a few years back he smoked everyone and was well deserving of his spot. I can't believe he's fallen so far off the radar considering Pearce and Mullen have done nothing to really push their own names.

I think he'd be a great partner for Soward too.

I don't expect him to get selected unless there's a huge injury crisis but that's just my two cents.

Morons. He's only 22, didn't play badly in his previous rep matches, and remains the best rep-eligible halfback in NSW. He clearly was instructed to take a back seat to Barrett last series, either that or Barrett was just hogging it.

lol @ picking out a specific kick from 3 years ago when he wasn't even 20 years old.

He does have good potential, but I still think he is too young and has not matured enough to be the NSW halfback. Sadly, not any other options but I'd pick Mullen over him and Hornby would be first if he was available.

Its like he is being forced into being the player the media/those in power for NSW want him to be.

And you can bet Newcastle next year will be playing to a high standard, including Mullen...

Hey dickhead, if they wanted someone with a high tackle rate then they would have picked Hindmarsh at half :lol:

lmao exactly what I was gonna say

Cliffhanger

Coach
Pearce and Carney complement each others' games. Carney isn't exactly the messiah without a decent halfback leading the team around. The games we win with the Carney + Anasta combo tend to be close, low scoring games when the other team is just as farked as we are. I remember last year we only beat the Tigpies because Beau genius dropped a bomb with 2 mins left on the clock. Pearce's kicking game is both better and more suited to controlling a game than either Carney or Anasta. Last year Pearce led most halfback stats.
Better than Anasta's maybe but Carney's you have got to be kidding yourself. Pearce's direction sucks arese too. Pearce's kicking game isn't as precise or as consistent as Carney's

Remind me who lead the competition in 40/20s last season?

Carney plays what's infront of him, that's what makes him a good half, he has his problems off the field nobody can dispute that but, he's a smart footballer, he has good instincts and his kicking game is very accurate, Pearce lacks that instinct and that's whey he has no creativity, never tries to build pressure by getting a repeat set and if he's always going to go straight for the try his kicking game has to be better.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't understand the hate for Wallace. He played two games for NSW and was great in one and played three quarters of the other match with a ruptured nut.

Didn't you watch Origin 1 and 2 2009?

Wallace was woeful, especially in Game 1 when the Blues weren't that bad, that was until they gave Wallace the ball.

Better than Anasta's maybe but Carney's you have got to be kidding yourself. Pearce's direction sucks arese too. Pearce's kicking game isn't as precise or as consistent as Carney's

Remind me who lead the competition in 40/20s last season?

Carney plays what's infront of him, that's what makes him a good half, he has his problems off the field nobody can dispute that but, he's a smart footballer, he has good instincts and his kicking game is very accurate, Pearce lacks that instinct and that's whey he has no creativity, never tries to build pressure by getting a repeat set and if he's always going to go straight for the try his kicking game has to be better.

Jesus christ you must be the most negative easts fan there is.

Pearce does exactly what a halfback needs to do. Control the game. He's not there to fill the highlight reel or anything else. Carney is given free roam when Pearce is in charge. Who do you think is better than Pearce?

Hornby? Walsh? Wallace? Porter? Robson? FFS you're an idiot

Cliffhanger

Coach
How nice of you to realease Pearce's dick from your mouth and grace us with your presence, must be Kungl's turn.

Pearce doesn't control the game, that's one of his problems, which makes it the Rooster's problem. It's not about being negative, but I'm frustrated that we have tied up a large percentage of our salary cap and future on who will be at best a solid halfback.

Even Sandow has been better than Pearce this season.

I hate Hornby but he does what he needs to, so yes Hornby is better. Wallace is just as much of a hack as Pearce.