What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
How nice of you to realease Pearce's dick from your mouth and grace us with your presence, must be Kungl's turn.

Pearce doesn't control the game, that's one of his problems, which makes it the Rooster's problem. It's not about being negative, but I'm frustrated that we have tied up a large percentage of our salary cap and future on who will be at best a solid halfback.

Even Sandow has been better than Pearce this season.

I hate Hornby but he does what he needs to, so yes Hornby is better. Wallace is just as much of a hack as Pearce.

What does Hornby do that Pearce doesn't do better LOL you're a dragons troll f off

Hench

Juniors
What if Mal tells Boyd and Yow Yeh to purposely drop Pearce's bombs so he'll play all 3 games?

Cliffhanger

Coach
What does Hornby do that Pearce doesn't do better LOL you're a dragons troll f off
Lol so because I don't want to have Pearce's babies I can't possibly be a Rooster's fan?

I wouldn't give a f**k about Pearce if he wasn't playing for the Roosters.

Hornby is a different style halfback to Pearce it's not a question of what Pearce does better than Hornby it's a question of what Pearce does that Hornby doesn't, like taking the wrong options more often than not, being extremely predictable and so forth. Even Wallace outplayed Pearce when they went head to head. Let me guess you say it's the fault of our forwards?

How about the great go forward he got from them against the dogs and yet he still failed to produce anything from a f**k load of sets with in their 20 sets at their goal line.

Pearce very rarely takes on the line and always resorts to the inside pass or a kicking game which has been off for the far majority of this season.
Pearce is the only halfback in the game who would rather kick bombs for a midget winger in JCarney to score of, rather than kick them to a prolific tryscorer in SKD. Pearce is a dumb footballer for a halfback and has no instinct.
His best season 2008 ,was nothing more than crossfield kicks to SKD. 2010 he fed off Carney.
I don't want Pearce gone I want him to get his head out of his arse and stop trying to be the next Andrew Johns.
Pearce can't take a game by scruff of the neck to dig his team out of trouble, he is paid like he has the potential to be a one man show player, he simply does not, he needs top players around him, not just quality first graders.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol so because I don't want to have Pearce's babies I can't possibly be a Rooster's fan?

I wouldn't give a f**k about Pearce if he wasn't playing for the Roosters.

Hornby is a different style halfback to Pearce it's not a question of what Pearce does better than Hornby it's a question of what Pearce does that Hornby doesn't, like taking the wrong options more often than not, being extremely predictable and so forth. Even Wallace outplayed Pearce when they went head to head. Let me guess you say it's the fault of our forwards?

How about the great go forward he got from them against the dogs and yet he still failed to produce anything from a f**k load of sets with in their 20 sets at their goal line.

Pearce very rarely takes on the line and always resorts to the inside pass or a kicking game which has been off for the far majority of this season.
Pearce is the only halfback in the game who would rather kick bombs for a midget winger in JCarney to score of, rather than kick them to a prolific tryscorer in SKD. Pearce is a dumb footballer for a halfback and has no instinct.
His best season 2008 ,was nothing more than crossfield kicks to SKD. 2010 he fed off Carney.
I don't want Pearce gone I want him to get his head out of his arse and stop trying to be the next Andrew Johns.
Pearce can't take a game by scruff of the neck to dig his team out of trouble, he is paid like he has the potential to be a one man show player, he simply does not, he needs top players around him, not just quality first graders.

Well said. Pearce has been ordinary this year and is very, very lucky to be in the side. Hopefully he steps up on Wednesday night.

Ignore Pearce_splooge, he's a little nuff-nuff troll :lol:

Sleep

Juniors
Didn't you watch Origin 1 and 2 2009?

Wallace was woeful, especially in Game 1 when the Blues weren't that bad, that was until they gave Wallace the ball.

I didn't think Wallace was bad at all in game one. I thought he played pretty well to be honest. It was Campese who went MIA that game.

He couldn't play game three due to his injury I don't think.

We'll agree to disagree! :shock:

Big Pete

Referee
Nah, he was just flat out dropped.

Sleep - what makes you say he played pretty well? What did he actually contribute in your eyes?

adamkungl

Immortal
How nice of you to realease Pearce's dick from your mouth and grace us with your presence, must be Kungl's turn.

Pearce doesn't control the game, that's one of his problems, which makes it the Rooster's problem. It's not about being negative, but I'm frustrated that we have tied up a large percentage of our salary cap and future on who will be at best a solid halfback.

Even Sandow has been better than Pearce this season.

I hate Hornby but he does what he needs to, so yes Hornby is better. Wallace is just as much of a hack as Pearce.

You're yet to offer an alternative for NSW...

Tweed Titan

Bench
I don't understand the hate for Wallace. He played two games for NSW and was great in one and played three quarters of the other match with a ruptured nut.

He's tough as nails, great defensively and while his running game isn't as good as Mullens I would have absolutely no problems with him playing half before he and Pearce.

He hasn't been great at the Broncos but he's playing along side Lockyer who commands and gets the majority of the ball.

In City/Country a few years back he smoked everyone and was well deserving of his spot. I can't believe he's fallen so far off the radar considering Pearce and Mullen have done nothing to really push their own names.

I think he'd be a great partner for Soward too.

I don't expect him to get selected unless there's a huge injury crisis but that's just my two cents.

Wallace played about 5 SOO matches and was terrible in all bar one. Then Campese was his scapegoat before he was rightfully dropped.

kickback

Juniors
Wallace is a great player, trouble is he plays along side the best man who has ever played our game, so he does what he is told, wait till next year

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I thought Wallace was great in his first Origin game (08?). Unfortunately he didn't really kick on.

One thing I will say about the last 5 years is that there have been alot of good players that have played for the Blues who have come up against some of the best players ever. Its a shame, Terry Campese may have kicked on. Jarrod Mullen may have aswell. Losing does some strange things to people.

timka4

Bench
Wallace is a great player, trouble is he plays along side the best man who has ever played our game, so he does what he is told, wait till next year
Agreed. He is a good player and does a lot for the Broncs. But still being beside Lockyer has helped him a lot. If he plays consistently well for the Broncs next year I'll be impressed.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
'twas the night before origin and all through LU land
not a poster was stirring, not even Bunnies Man
the queensland fans went to tea quietly confident
while NSW fans like Gaba prayed that Sticky has a game plan

the children from both states were snuggled into bed
their parents knew that a Qld win would cause claims that origin is dead
south of the border they prayed Gallen could lead the pack
while north of the border they laughed at the ommission of the blues old fullback

The queensland team is settled, tried and true, talented and fierce,
whereas the NSW team has Ben Creagh, Michael Ennis and Mitchell Pearce,
the former two suffered a bad rep from years gone by, that of a coward
but the biggest unknown is to be the potential of a midget, Mr Jamie Soward

And if tomorrow NSW get thrashed so bad that its not funny or sullen
I almost hope the NSW selectors learn and bring in Hayne and Carney or Mullen
and while this fan sends wishes to NSW that the maroons will rock ya
I am just so pleased this is the last year I have to watch Darren Lockyer

j0nesy

Bench

while north of the border they laughed at the ommission of the blues old fullback

Geat stuff. Love your work :lol:

Cliffhanger

Coach

:lol:

Latest posts