What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

gregstar

Referee
i thought this was a discussion about pearce.

a player who is dominating neither origin nor club football.

are you seriously comparing pearce to a proven performer who is clearly the best half back & has been for virtually half a decade?

Cliffhanger

Coach
*Directed @ BHP*
Coming from you that's a compliment as you have no f**king idea. If we were in agreement I'd have to re-evaluate the reasoning which lead me to the conclusion just to make sure it was valid.

icewind

Juniors
Lol, Pearce had a decent game but nothing spectacular.
I'm happy for him to keep his spot for the rest of the series. But think he'd make a better bench hooker than a halfback. Come next season it we'll know whether Cherry Evans is the real deal or we'll see what Bennett's coaching has done for Mullen.

wha? Cherry Evans is a qlder.

Fingerbang

Bench
Also, betterhalfbackthanthurstonPearce, Cowboys shocking 2010 was more due to the fact that Thurston's year was torn apart by injuries.....rarely was he anywhere near 75% fitness in the games that he did play. And he never had a previous season grandfinal quality team around him to help out either.

lol@comparing Pearce to Thurston :lol:

And Cliffhanger.....for the record, correct. If he says you have nfi....you must be doing something right. His hatred towards Soward is due to the fact his Roosters let the wrong potential young half go back in 2008.

Cliffhanger

Coach
It was 07. Soward was never going to reach his potential with Roosters after the way Stuart played him in 05 and 06. He was never given the opportunity to find his feet in first grade and his confidence was pretty low. Stuart was desperate and he had absolutely no patience with young players, destroyed Brett Firmann too.

Also, betterhalfbackthanthurstonPearce, Cowboys shocking 2010 was more due to the fact that Thurston's year was torn apart by injuries.....rarely was he anywhere near 75% fitness in the games that he did play. And he never had a previous season grandfinal quality team around him to help out either.

lol@comparing Pearce to Thurston :lol:

And Cliffhanger.....for the record, correct. If he says you have nfi....you must be doing something right. His hatred towards Soward is due to the fact his Roosters let the wrong potential young half go back in 2008.

What about Cowboys shocking 2009 :lol: and their shocking 2008 :lol: you have nfi you idiot. The reasoning that Roosters are coming last cause of Pearce can be applied to Thurston as well but you dragon trolls + cliffhanger refuse to see it. I'm not saying Pearce is better than Thurston, I'm saying your arguments are invalid and I'm sure everyone can see it but the aformented group above.

Gaba

First Grade
What about Cowboys shocking 2009 :lol: and their shocking 2008 :lol: you have nfi you idiot. The reasoning that Roosters are coming last cause of Pearce can be applied to Thurston as well but you dragon trolls + cliffhanger refuse to see it. I'm not saying Pearce is better than Thurston, I'm saying your arguments are invalid and I'm sure everyone can see it but the aformented group above.
pearce is not a playmaker, or anything he is lucky to be state cup quality

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach
Lol Pearce isn't the only reason we're coming last but he is clearly part of the problem too. You can't argue it's only the errors, because I'm assuming you watch our games and have seen how his last tackle options are generally atrocious and his kicking game has been horrendous. Even his inside pass has become to easy to read by the opposition. He has no imagination whatsoever. Pearce has a lot of heart but he does not have the instinct to be a halfback and that is something you can't teach. That is something you refuse to see.

I'd move him to hooker.

Further we're not last, we're equal last, there's an important difference.

Latest posts