What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

The General

Juniors
Anyone know where you can get origin statistics from? Would be funny (or depressing) to see how inept Pearce has been since he started origin. Can't seem to remember a single try assist, line break, forced repeat set etc from the turd.

Chook

First Grade
Pearce is done at rep level, but NSW will not win a series with Farah at rake.

Chook.

Mr Saab

Referee
Anyone know where you can get origin statistics from? Would be funny (or depressing) to see how inept Pearce has been since he started origin. Can't seem to remember a single try assist, line break, forced repeat set etc from the turd.

In this series he had ZERO in all three categories. As Ricky Stuart said, the halfback owns the result and NSW had a shytload of ball and field position in games one and three and he didnt produce.

Knightmare

Coach
If Daley came out and slammed Pearce after the game last night it'd be "Typical NSW- no loyalty!" But instead it's about how pathetic Daley is for not crucifying him in the press straight away...

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If NSW have decent halves Farah wont over play his hand. You cant blame him for making a few mistakes when no one else is trying anything.

Glen

Bench
The only people in this f**king country that thought Pearce was the man were the NSW selectors and Daley. He was obviously trying to instill confidence in him by showing solidarity but that doesn't make up for his complete lack of talent.

EVERYONE knew he was not up to it by now with several games of evidence in recent years. Even in game 1 he was terrible despite the win. With such long periods of forward dominance and the penalty count NSW surely would have won with Carney or Reynolds. That's not to discedit QLD either who scrambled brilliantly and may have won anyway

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Put Thurston/Cronk/DCE in a NSW jersey and NSW win comfortably.

Can someone actually tell me what Mitchell Pearce does ? Doesn't run, doesn't create, bog average kicker, hands like feet, touch of a rapist who can't play with soft hands. f**k me dead

.... instead it's about how pathetic Daley is for not crucifying him in the press straight away...

Yeah straight away. After all, Daley has been involved now in one manner or another with the matter of Mythchell Piss' selection for every game that the guy has played at Origin level. Years, it has been that Laurie Daley is not crucifying him 'straight away'.

You know what? The way the you NSW guys defend the morons who engineer 8 years of consecutive defeat baffles comprehension. You guys deserve all of the lousy selections. Daley doesn't want to crucify Piss, he wants to make him Captain. Enjoy the nightmare. Groundhog Day for NSW.

Mr Saab

Referee
I some times wonder if Daley watches these games.

Thats some of the dumbest comments I've heard.

And that surprises you because?
Do you not recall him as a Fox commentator and all the inane things that leaves his mouth

gronkathon

First Grade
Woods was not great but will be interesting to see how he responds over the next 9 to 10 months.

Merrin had the same issues in his debut Origin campaign but learnt and improved

betcats

Referee
Woods was not great but will be interesting to see how he responds over the next 9 to 10 months.

Merrin had the same issues in his debut Origin campaign but learnt and improved

True, but at this stage he is a paasenger, no room for passengers in Origin.

Probably overly harsh from me, I can see him being a good origin player, but I wouldnt pick him for a year or two.

I think 24/25yo is when props should start making rep teams. To be more specific, atleast 4 seasons of nrl footy into their careers.

Last edited:
I am just a RL fan,& involved at junior level (coaching).
From un10 onwards ,you find out which kid/s have the vision/playmaking ability,& even a kicking game.
They will be the teams playmakers/halves or as long as they stay with the club.

How can LD be totally blind to the fact that Pearce has not got any of these .
How can he back a man who after his forwards do the tough stuff & get within QLDs 20 meekly turn the ball over ,no repeat sets ,no pressure.
The mind boggles.
How can a man ignore other players (Carney Reynolds ,mullen) who possess these abilities ?

I admired LD when he played ,but seriously he has NFI about coaching.