What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the worst suspension of all-time?

chuckling

Juniors
Failing to act upon even this innocuous touch is a step in the direction of the degeneration in our game to they way that soccer players react to their referees.

The suspension of Sam Moa was correct, as was the suspension of Klemmer and Graham earlier this year.

Crowding the ref is a disgusting display and every effort should be made to avoid it creeping into our game.

mxlegend99

Referee
I thought this was going to be about Jackson's spear tackle being downgraded
That's more shocking IMO.

Greg Bird did the same thing and wasn't able to get it downgraded. both should be wiped from the Origin series

Danish

Referee
Have you seen the L'Estrange incident? If so can you supply a link or time in the match it happened? If not then I don't know how you can whinge about an incident you have no idea about

Matai incident BTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4s5MmO2oQ

Matai's contact was completely different to Moa. Matai was chasing after the ref and grabbing onto his arm with the ref saying "careful, careful". Moa gave the ref a squeeze on the shoulder while they shared a joke waiting to pack a scrum, with both he and the ref smiling and chuckling throughout.

Moa being charged literally means any deliberate contact with the ref, regardless of circumstance, must lead to a charge. Fine with me if thats what they want to make it, but bit tough when they let the same thing go a week later.

ek999

First Grade
Both Moa and Matai deserved to be suspended

Whether L'Estrange deserves to be or not none of us really knows until we can find footage of it

Latest posts