What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Tim Paine most uninspiring captain Ever??

ouryears

Bench
Are you aware that, historically, Australia has always been “smashed” in Subcontinental conditions as experienced in the UAE? The team’s performances against Pakistan overseas are not new, so whoever has been charge from both a captain and coaching perspective hasn’t made a difference.

Langer’s playing career was impeccable, and if you have read any of his books regarding his philosophies on various themes, you’d understand he is the right man to follow on from Darren Lehmann.

The Power of Passion and Seeing The Sunrise are both highly recommended.

Finally, given the side’s inexperience, who else is there qualified to lead the side? As vice captain, Hazlewood is next in line but he’s not an inspiring option, nor a realistic one,

So, who else is there?

The only other person with experience is Khawaja but he’s hanging onto his spot by a hair’s breath,

Given the circumstances, Paine is doing an admirable job and your criticisms are vastly unjustified.
Do you even know the past 12 months results?
There are NO special circumstances, quit making lame excuses
We have the pick of all players across Australia bar 3
Shitty team
Shitty captain
Shitty coach, who cares he was a good player, he can’t coach
Our own Mary was a good NRL player too, but a shitty coach
Results over the past 10 months is the evidence
Innings defeats
Scores of 100-200
Selectors agree.....a broom is being put through the team
Rest my case

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Do you even know the past 12 months results?
There are NO special circumstances, quit making lame excuses
We have the pick of all players across Australia bar 3
Shitty team
Shitty captain
Shitty coach, who cares he was a good player, he can’t coach
Our own Mary was a good NRL player too, but a shitty coach
Results over the past 10 months is the evidence
Innings defeats
Scores of 100-200
Selectors agree.....a broom is being put through the team
Rest my case

Excellent leg glance there.

BTW, how did massive changes go following the huge loss at Bellerive Oval (2016) against South Africa go?

Has anyone survived?

I rest MY case.

ouryears

Bench
Excellent leg glance there.

BTW, how did massive changes go following the huge loss at Bellerive Oval (2016) against South Africa go?

Has anyone survived?

I rest MY case.

PS
The current captain and team are an embarrassment to Australian sport.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
PS
The current captain and team are an embarrassment to Australian sport.

You needed to create a secondary post on a single thought when you’ve already made the same statement ad infinitum within this thread?

Wow, tautology has reached a new level.

ouryears

Bench
You needed to create a secondary post on a single thought when you’ve already made the same statement ad infinitum within this thread?

Wow, tautology has reached a new level.
No coincidence.....No Paine
And we have a win
May be an ODI
Still, no coincidence

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Speculating that the reason the ODI team won a game last night because Tim Paine wasn't the captain is the single most stupid post I have ever seen, hands down. Well done.

There’s another noticeable omission.

Marcus Harris.

OurYears as well and truly lost the plot.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No coincidence.....No Paine
And we have a win
May be an ODI
Still, no coincidence

Yet, Shaun Marsh played. Isn’t both he and his brother, Mitchell, the scapegoat for most things?

Whatever durries you’ve been smoking recently seemingly haven’t been of the medicinal variety.

ouryears

Bench
Yet, Shaun Marsh played. Isn’t both he and his brother, Mitchell, the scapegoat for most things?

Whatever durries you’ve been smoking recently seemingly haven’t been of the medicinal variety.
Yep....and Mary is a great coach, Aigken and Lafai are great centres, Nighty retired one year too EARLY......Tim Paine apologists would think all that too.
Get real

Drag Queen

Bench
Has he mentioned who his alternative to Paine might be? It’s hard to know with all the “he sucks” cricket comments.
I'm guessing he wants Warner now that Smith is out. It fits his modus operandi. Who the hell would know Jimmy. He does call Warner, Davey, which is quite endearing..