What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Vella the next to Go??

Since Brian has decided that a cleanout is what we need. What does everyone think of Vella should he be punted?? Is he worth the Money that he is On?

cureme

Juniors
I don't think he should be punted but he is not worth what he is on. I like the idea of players playing their career with the one club, and Vella has been at Parra a while, but in saying that we shouldn't 'carry' a bloke for the sake of club loyalty, a la Jamie Feeny at the dogs.
On his day Vella can be as damaging as any other front rower, just those days are too few and far between! #-o

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Vella is very important to Parra. He's a local boy and has been here for 10 years. HE is also very popular among other players and when in form can be one of the best front rowers. He has returned to form the last month.

Vella will have a bit of pressure on him next year not only from the other players, but from the fact that he is off contract as well. Let's just hope this brings out the best in him.

stuke

Bench
i think that vella is one of those players that when everything around him is going great he will really shine, just can't rely on him to dig us out of any holes.

hopefully next year he can get back to be a devastating runner of the ball and be used more effectively. i agree with the idea of him as a bench player....could bring great impact after 20 minutes.

obviously the contract money that he is on shouldn't be offered to him again but when he did sign he was worth the money, as he was a nsw and australian rep at the time. one more season and then a largely incentive based deal would be the go in my opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he will be a bench player at best for next year

off the bench, he could proved more imapct and be abit more hungry

Stagger eel

Staff member
He is a very unique player at the club!

He's a local product
He's represented Australia
and played over 100 games!!

the ultimate clubman.

On his day he could be one of the most devasting frontrowers in the comp, it would be an absolute tragedy if we lost him! especially to the new nursing home of Parramatta players.

West Tigers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe taking a pay cut.

Or putting him on an incentive deal where if he makes Rep footy or if we finish in the 8 he gets more.

It's risky - when he's good, the team's good. When he's bad, the team's bad.

Eelectrica

Referee
Unless a club is willing to buy out at least 80% of his contract I think he stays next year.
I can't see Vella renegotiating to take a pay cut. I think he will be with Parra next year and test the market after June 30. After that who knows?

Latest posts