What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac Gordon has pleaded guilty to assault

NRL player pleads guilty to assault
January 25, 2012 - 11:54AM

AAP

Cronulla Sharks player Isaac Gordon has pleaded guilty to assaulting his former girlfriend, who was seven months pregnant at the time.

Gordon appeared at Sutherland Local Court on Wednesday and agreed to the plea in exchange for the Crown withdrawing a more serious charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The 25-year-old, wearing a dark suit and white shirt, was also handed a 12-month apprehended violence order (AVO).

The court heard that Gordon returned home after a booze-fuelled night and became involved in a confrontation with Karen Lee Davison, who has since given birth to their child.

A request by Gordon's legal counsel that the magistrate not record a conviction for the common assault was denied.

Gordon was given an 18-month good behaviour bond.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...-pleads-guilty-to-assault-20120125-1qgol.html

carcharias

Immortal
7 months PG! and a club legends daughter!!

Surprised the dude is still breathing.

I find it hard to like him right now.
Gonna have to do some serious try scoring against the merged
scum to bring me around.

azzah72

Bench
Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's just speed, nothing else.

Matt Reick was better and he was pretty average.

Patorick

Staff member
speaker_916.jpg

"It's not his go."

Madsharkie

First Grade
With all due respect to Karen Lee Davison, I don't see any reason the club should flick him. He's copped his punishment by the law, why should the club and Isaac get punished further? And the whole thing seems to have escaped the normal media beating relatively well...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sounds to me like he manned up & just wore what was coming his way?
Have they split up? Is he a dad now?
I have no problem with the club supporting the player. If he worked for Telstra he wouldnt be sacked.

Madsharkie

First Grade
In the article it says she's given birth to the child. With an AVO I don't think they'd still be together would they?

Special K

Coach
He is meh anyway. A good depth player who really helped us when Gardner was out but I doubt he will play much first grade for us behind Williams, Mills, Stapo and Wright which says a lot.

Quigs

Immortal
We've done our .... sorry more than our fair share of cutting players.

If he is good enough to play in our first grade side then keep him. I dont care anymore about what players do, honestly I have become comfortably numb.

You know its a big cruel world out there at times and a lot goes on. How many chances did Lui get with the Tiges? If Isaac farkkks up again and hasn't learnt from this lesson the boot him.

I'd be more then worried if Les is the Father in Law.

jc155776

Coach
Shit act. But he manned up to the chare at least and didn't f**k the club around in the process. If he repeats then boot him but sacking him wont help anyone at all. You can have an avo and still lce together. Sometimes avo are enforced by the police regardless of parties wishes. Why would we wan to sack him and leave a kid with an unemployed dad?

Generalzod

Immortal
Paul Murray on 2ue is carrying on like a headless chook, Carrying on that Isac should be sacked blah blah blah.