What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel Folau, NSW or QLD?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Which State would he be eligible to play for, should he be picked for Origin next year?

Cause I am right he and Jarryd Hayne played junior footy, but then Israel moved to QLD?

He could probably play for whoever he wants really. Technically he should play for Qld under the rules but that doesn't mean he will want to or should. Might be a bit of a fight if both want to pick him, in which case it would probably come back to his preference.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So this must be like Greg Inglis. Rep Footy in Qld originally from NSW.

Whats his junior club then?

Patorick

Staff member
perhaps, but it's called state of origin. not state of where you move to.

Shorty

Staff member
Where you grew up is more influential to where you were as a toddler.

yobbo84

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
So this must be like Greg Inglis. Rep Footy in Qld originally from NSW.

Whats his junior club then?

Well Greg Inglis actually played his first senior game in NSW, so technically speaking, he is a New South Welshman and Israel Folau is a QLD'er. But you can pick who you play for these days anyway - just ask Tony Carroll or Adrian Lam.

The Colonel

Immortal
Shorty said:
Where you grew up is more influential to where you were as a toddler.

Well, Folau lived in NSW until he was 14...... so that makes him a Blue on that recommendation.

Patorick

Staff member
i see your point, but it just really irritates me that guys like inglis and folau can play for queensland. in some ways it's good for the game (makes things more competitive), but to me it's such a negative.

Shorty

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Well, Folau lived in NSW until he was 14...... so that makes him a Blue on that recommendation.
Mmm.
That's weird.
Oh well,it's his choice in the end and because he has got ties to both states,his decision should be respected imo.
Decisions with Origin/International should be made on wherever the player feels at home.

It should not however,be used just as a resume updater ie,playing Origin to make your career look better,I won't name any names...!

Wicks

Juniors
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
QLD.

He played in their U17's rep side I think, that's where he was spotted by the Melbourne scout.

Folau was signed by the Storm after he played in the Australian under 15 championships in 2004

Wicks said:
Folau was signed by the Storm after he played in the Australian under 15 championships in 2004

Arrrhh sorry bloke but:

Melbourne Storm recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan, clipboard in hand, is sitting in an old timber stand in Toowoomba, south-west Queensland.

"He's only 18 so teams are going to target him, but another year or two and teams will be running the other way," warned O'Sullivan, the only recruitment manager who showed an interest in Folau at the Queensland under-15s championship three years ago.[
Story & Photo : By Dave Donaghy

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/schoolboys_qld_07_israel_falou.phphttp://forums.leagueunlimited.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4024442

JAMES BOND

Juniors
One day in the Future there will be no actual Queenslanders playing for QLD as they just let anyone play for them. New South Welshman, Kiwis, PNG players, Fijians and who ever else they can get.

JAMES BOND

Juniors
Slackboy72 said:
Hold on, I thought it was one rule for NSW and anything goes for QLD?

NSW is to strong, so to make it more of a competition the Queenslanders is allowed to have as much outside help as possible. They never give up home crowd advantage either, it's always NSW that has to. Queensland is very well looked after when it comes to SOO. It's never been 50/50 and QLD always tends to have everything go its own way to there advantage.

Latest posts