What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke confirms Dragons move

Mjab

Juniors
Of course it's a win-win for the Broncos I let my let McCullough go and get Luke for half the price of McCulloch with us paying half of that if I was them I would also be laughing

Are we paying for Luke to go ?
If he wants out and they want him why would saints pay

redv13

Bench
I'd say the Clune / Hunt combo is a good fit if only Mary did not insist that all the ball went Hunt's way. In fact it should have been the other way round, most of the ball should have gone Clune's way. In this way Clune could have managed SGI's game and taken a lot more of the kicks in general play. In addition, Sims and Lomax would have got some decent ball to do their magic.

You can be sure that if Norman pairs with Clune, the same will happen again. McInnes or Hunt will use Norman as first-receiver and he will take the majority of kicks in general play.

So for this game, maybe:
1. Norman
2. Pereira
3. Lomax
4. Ravalawa
5. Saab
6. Britten
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. McInnes

14. Merrin
15. Lawrie
16. Ford
17. Host

Brittan at 6!! Really possm. That’s a Mary selection right there!!!

possm

Coach
Why should we pay. The broncos asked for him, he wanted a release and we agreed. He isn’t being pushed here. Agree with mjab
If anything the Brocos should pay us for his release.

It reminds me of when B Morris wanted an early release to the Dogs who paid us nothing for the cooperation and laughed in our face when he and his brother tore us apart later in the season.
As far as I'm aware a player who requests and is granted a release, we are absolved of his salary. Thete is mo freight involved. It is different to us teyingvto off-load a player.
So if we want to get rid of a player, just drop him to reserve grade or park football and wait for his manager to find him another club.

getsmarty

Immortal
If anything the Brocos should pay us for his release.

It reminds me of when B Morris wanted an early release to the Dogs who paid us nothing for the cooperation and laughed in our face when he and his brother tore us apart later in the season.

So if we want to get rid of a player, just drop him to reserve grade or park football and wait for his manager to find him another club.

And why do you think he left possm............serious question.

Gareth67

First Grade
My Gawd ! The situation cannot possibly get any worse . So Issac Luke will be leaving the Dragons after a handful of matches with the apparent blessing of all concerned ?

I sincerely hope that the media reports are incorrect in as much as that we will be footing part of the bill . If he wishes to take up an opportunity with the Broncos then that is his choice , but we should not be paying a penny for him to do so .

If the powers to be decide that “ Well it’s fine by us Lukey just ask how much the J.V needs to pay for your decision not to see out your contract with us and we will mail a cheque to them “ .

And the J.V. has no money ? Money they have , common sense - zilch.