What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"It’s very realistic to say that we’ll have a second team in Brisbane in 2023": V'landys

Jim Rockford

Bench
When you say produce jnrs, do you mean in a test tube or something?

or maybe the NRL and state bodies could do there jobs to get as many kids as possible playing the game then the NRL clubs do their jobs and pick up the best of them at 16 and turn them into professionals? But weve been over this ground. Easy for a club leeching off the community with pokie machines to say how great they are at spending money on jnrs.
You really can't be that stupid. You should be thankful that other clubs actually do something that gets kids playing in the first place. That means there are players ready to fill the various clubs squads. Just because your pathetic club does absolutely nothing to pull their weight doesn't mean the other clubs should do the same. It's easy to sit back and benefit from the hard work of others, but doing so makes your club a burden on the competition. Oh and the large amounts my club spends on juniors don't come from pokies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Success will always breed jealousy, it’s a defect of human nature.

it’s ironic you care so much about clubs getting success off the back of signing players from elsewhere when the only success souths have had in decades was due to your club leeching from British rugby league lol.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Success will always breed jealousy, it’s a defect of human nature.

it’s ironic you care so much about clubs getting success off the back of signing players from elsewhere when the only success souths have had in decades was due to your club leeching from British rugby league lol.
Unlike the Drizzle whose successes have come off the back of cheating the salary cap. Seems to me that it's you who are jealous of Souths and our 21 Premierships (none of which we had to cheat the salary cap to earn). I said in my previous post that you can't really be that stupid. Well it seems like you can. Care to try and outdo your previous moronic statements?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unlike the Drizzle whose successes have come off the back of cheating the salary cap. Seems to me that it's you who are jealous of Souths and our 21 Premierships (none of which we had to cheat the salary cap to earn). I said in my previous post that you can't really be that stupid. Well it seems like you can. Care to try and outdo your previous moronic statements?

took you 41 years since your last one, bet it doesn’t take us that long lol

anyway this is about expansion so be off with you and your prattling to the lol@souths thread.

If Firehawks are given the 17th licence then the Storm should create a feeder club arrangement with the Central Queensland Capras. It's important that the Capras start having some onfield success, and Melbourne can play a role in it.

MugaB

Coach
If Firehawks are given the 17th licence then the Storm should create a feeder club arrangement with the Central Queensland Capras. It's important that the Capras start having some onfield success, and Melbourne can play a role in it.
Wouldn't rule out any of the other QRL sides also jumping at the chance to become a feeder club to the successful storm system, all this rubbish about the storm being affected by the new side, is horseshit.
They can get any feeder club, and do the same thing and not miss a beat

Jim Rockford

Bench
took you 41 years since your last one, bet it doesn’t take us that long lol

anyway this is about expansion so be off with you and your prattling to the lol@souths thread.
I'll bet it takes you a hell of a lot longer to reach 21 Premierships (if you ever do given the NRL won't let you cheat your way there). Also, I would prefer to stay here and call you out on all the bullshit you post, a lot of people on LU are sick of you and your pathetic agendas. I note too that you like to laugh at your own posts. I'm guessing that's because people don't laugh at your posts, they only laugh at you.

flippikat

Bench
Wouldn't rule out any of the other QRL sides also jumping at the chance to become a feeder club to the successful storm system, all this rubbish about the storm being affected by the new side, is horseshit.

It could actually be a positive if the Storm change their feeder clubs from Brisbane clubs to places like Central Queensland - gives those regions a pathway I guess...

Sunshine Coast and Central Queensland Capras aligned with Storm would be great for the game.

It could actually be a positive if the Storm change their feeder clubs from Brisbane clubs to places like Central Queensland - gives those regions a pathway I guess...
It would help players from the region reach the NRL and provide the Storm with another fanbase to tap into. Every supporter counts.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If we are going to add more clubs from existing heartlands we don’t want clubs that struggle to draw 13k. Only a club that appeals to the whole of brisbane is going to get an active fanbase of 20k plus. If we wants sydneys suburban problems replicated in brisbane then yours sounds a good way to go about it,
Again, there is no reason why the BRISBANE Dolphins, BRISBANE Firehawks or BRISBANE Jets playing in the heart of Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium isn't going to draw fans from all over the city. The next generation of kids that will be fans don't care about the BRL roots of these clubs.

Precisely.

Nevermind that the GC has been a money-losing, under performing pit for just about every sports league since forever - the AFL & NRL are playing "chicken" in the market against each other and neither wants to be the one that blinks first.
If the ARLC is going to continue with a Gold Coast team then they need to broaden its catchment area. I don't see any reason why the Titans cannot market themselves heavily in the southern suburbs of Logan, which are experiencing a population boom. If it adds 2,500 or more members to the club and tens of thousands of people watching their games on Foxtel then it'll help make them more profitable and valuable to the competition.

Yarrabilba is about 30 minutes closer to Robina Stadium than Lang Park.

I'd love it if they took the Souths Logan Magpies, rebadged them as Logan Magpies, and based them out of Heritage Park as a feeder team. Maybe even televise the game's on Ch9 Gold Coast, which can be accessed all the way up here in northern Logan.

Gold Coast-Logan Titans.

EDIT:

It takes 1h12m to get from the northern suburbs of Logan to Robina Stadium. Titans could really widen their base by becoming the Gold Coast-Logan Titans and marketing themselves to the entire city. 326k people live in Logan.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Let's be real, there's no way the VRL/NRLVIC will ever get white kids from Melbourne to play RL instead of fumbleball. The only kids in Melbourne that will play the game are Polynesians and Melanesians who live there. A white kid from Queensland or NSW who is unfortunate enough to live down there might play our game, but the pressure from the other kids at school to play fumbleball would be enormous.
Not sure if that matters too much mate. If they are Polynesian and born and bred Victorians, then we should be targeting them. It also has only been 20 years, the Storm are carving out a niche in Melbourne and that will snowball until it is just 'cool' to follow the storm and then 'cool' to play Rugby League. The Storm will never be the # 1 sporting club in Melbourne but if they can build up to averaging 22 - 25k crowds with 30k members with 6 or 7 world class Victorians in their team (Polynesian or not), that will be a dream come true for the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'll bet it takes you a hell of a lot longer to reach 21 Premierships (if you ever do given the NRL won't let you cheat your way there). Also, I would prefer to stay here and call you out on all the bullshit you post, a lot of people on LU are sick of you and your pathetic agendas. I note too that you like to laugh at your own posts. I'm guessing that's because people don't laugh at your posts, they only laugh at you.
Aw bless, hope your having a better day today. Lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
I sure am given that this is the best you can come up with. Even by your low standards, that's a pathetically lame response.
that’s good I was a bit worried. You’ll be ok, just cheer up a bit and appreciate the amazing achievements of the Storm and all will be well. Oh and it’s ok fir others to have a different opinion, don’t take it personally,

Jim Rockford

Bench
that’s good I was a bit worried. You’ll be ok, just cheer up a bit and appreciate the amazing achievements of the Storm and all will be well. Oh and it’s ok fir others to have a different opinion, don’t take it personally,
I've got no problem with others having a different opinion, what I do have a problem with is morons like you who spout a load of incorrect rubbish and are sure they are right. I'm just doing a public service in letting you know what an absolute cretin you are and how you couldn't be more wrong in your ideas about the game.