What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It didn't take Schif long to start speaking crap

JK

Prague has survived invasion, flood and famine but its reputation as one of Europe's most popular tourist destinations lies in ruin today - thanks to 21 footballers.
Not that the members of Australia's Tri-Nations squad offended their fellow tourists when they took a few days off in the Czech city during the week.
Instead, they returned to England early and declared the home of the Charles Bridge and Wenceslas Square "boring".
"None of us liked it," winger Luke Rooney told 2UE yesterday. "There was nothing to do. There were hardly any pubs, no TABs. I'd rather be in Penrith."

And?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
But the thing that irks me about NSW Rugby is that they do sweet FA to promote the game out west. They never take Tahs games out of the city and they charge through the nose as it is! For a team that's never won the comp ffs! I don't think it will ever become popular across the whole of Sydney for these reasons alone.
How can they take a game out of the city when the heartland of Rugby Union in Australia is sydney's north shore.

Brutus

Referee
The Wristy McSlashalot and Rodzillas Nuts thingy in The Fight Club is a rugby union love affair made in heaven. Just like Clinton and his new love affair with the game they in heaven. Union is a loving game.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Brutus said:
The Wristy McSlashalot and Rodzillas Nuts thingy in The Fight Club is a rugby union love affair made in heaven. Just like Clinton and his new love affair with the game they in heaven. Union is a loving game.

:lol:

I agree.

Copa

Bench
Schifs new haunts include this wonderful place... Super 14 glory..

http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__sport/&articleid=270829

Principal among these is the position of the Ellis Park stadium. Government intervention notwithstanding, the centre of Johannesburg is not somewhere the vast majority of the rugby-watching public wishes to go, particularly after dark.

Several years ago the Golden Lions Rugby Union (GLRU) attempted to address this issue by implementing a “park and ride” scheme, allowing spectators to park their cars 10km away and be bused in and out. Great idea, underutilised, because most Johannesburgers, given the choice between losing a leg and losing their car, would happily hop the rest of their lives away.

Then there’s the issue of security while actually at the ground. Last Friday, while the Cats/Force game was under way, four men with AK-47s robbed the ticket desk.

They didn’t get away with much because the crowd was miniscule, but that’s hardly the point. This is the point: the players are not immune.

That is to say, it’s one thing for the Bulls to create a fortress in a leafy Pretoria suburb on a 20ha plot with pre- and post-match entertainment. It’s quite another to attempt the same at a concrete megalith with spiked railings demarcating where the rugby ground begins and urban decay ends.

vikingstorm

Juniors
Brutus said:
I was listening to 2SM this afternoon and Clinton Schifcofske came up with the predictable in union you get to see the world comment when talking about an upcoming trip by the Reds to Japan. He then went on to say "in rugby league it's only Campbelltown and Penrith".

Well done Clint, it didn't take you long.:crazy:

Japan aint that Great. My Grandad told me ,as he was building some railway about 65 years ago.

In League the NRL is the greatest Rugby competition on Earth Bar none. You are starting to sell that concept, but come on Old Clint is 31 and its a nice way to retire.....and I dream of visiting campbelltown and Penrith and the Blue Mountains and the Gold Coast and Brisbane and Sydney and Melbourne.

One day I will get there, but 2007.....18 Days in Corfu -Greece- Barbati

Misty Bee

First Grade
Your grandad would have been in Burma - all respects to him.

If you are playing sport to see the world, you are missing the point. Unless you are on a Kangaroo tour you wouldn't get much time to see much apart from airports and training paddocks.

Goodluck finding crowds like you would on a good day at Penrith or Campbelltown

albi

Juniors
It is a disappointment that Clinton made that statement, however I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

The biggest loser in this whole fiasco is actually the ARU. When you consider that their star signing is a 31 year old, then it actually becomes obvious that Australia Union is in serious trouble. Grassroots Union in Oz is a laughing stock, and will become even more of an issue is a couple of years when the talent pool dries up completely.

Clinton made the move to pronlong his career. Union is an inferior slow and boring game, even more so for a winger.

Thomas

First Grade
albi said:
The biggest loser in this whole fiasco is actually the ARU. When you consider that their star signing is a 31 year old, then it actually becomes obvious that Australia Union is in serious trouble. Grassroots Union in Oz is a laughing stock, and will become even more of an issue is a couple of years when the talent pool dries up completely.

Errr...he wasn't signed by the ARU, champ.

He was signed by the Qld Reds who were looking for a good experienced goal kicker...which Shif is. The ARU refused to assist in payments to top up his contract because he is 31. He isn't their star signing...as you put it...he doesn't even figure in their plans.

Lets not forget that Shif is a SoO player and was in the top 5 in the NRL this season for goalkicking and line breaks.

I trust you are also laughing at the Gold Coast Titans who are jumping up and down trying to sign a 31 year old winger who hasn't played a full game of footy in years and who has just had a kidney transplant??

At least Shif is fit.

Green Machine

First Grade
Thomas,
As usual you are at your full of sh*t best. Clinton is not an Origin regular but a replacement for the last Origin game. If Lomu fails to make onto the field with the Titians, it will cost them $100k max. Lomu not playing, will have no effect what so ever on the Titians player roster. On the other hand, if Clinton fails as Union player, it will cost the Reds a packet. I’m sure Eddie Jones has bigger plans for Clinton than just being a bench player,

Thomas

First Grade
Green Machine said:
Thomas,
As usual you are at your full of sh*t best. Clinton is not an Origin regular but a replacement for the last Origin game. If Lomu fails to make onto the field with the Titians, it will cost them $100k max. Lomu not playing, will have no effect what so ever on the Titians player roster. On the other hand, if Clinton fails as Union player, it will cost the Reds a packet. I’m sure Eddie Jones has bigger plans for Clinton than just being a bench player,

A replacement SoO player is still a SoO player.

The Reds paid less than what he was offered to stay at the Raiders and if he fails the world won't end. He won't be a bench player, not with that boot of his.

He may be 31 but he is still a very talented and experienced player.

Green Machine

First Grade
Thomas said:
A replacement SoO player is still a SoO player.
The real Qld Team without injurys means Clinton was a club footballer. I suppose one appearence is like the old one goat theory,
Thomas said:
The Reds paid less than what he was offered to stay at the Raiders and if he fails the world won't end. He won't be a bench player, not with that boot of his.
bullsh*t they paid less. They matched his current Raider contract. That's how he got a release out of his current contract,
Thomas said:
He may be 31 but he is still a very talented and experienced player.
Might be so, but his next game of Union at age 31 will be his first,

eels_fan_01

Bench
Green Machine said:
Mentioning suburban Sydney is a lot better than talking about being bored sh*tless in a hotel room in Hamilton NZ or being scared sh*tless to venture outside your hotel room in Johannesburg. Interesting to see the South Africans are becoming bored of travelling endlessly to Oz and NZ as well:

Im sure rugby league is hoping they wouldnt have a Super 12 involving just Australian and New Zealand because it would make for much more interest in both countries with more teams.