What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was rape, say police

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Tang said:
ur the fool who cant read properly. Bulldogs players havent been charged. GET THE f**k OVER IT. THEY R CLEARED. HOW ABT U STOP BRINGING THE GAME IN DISREPUTE CAUSE U CANT GET OVER THE FACT THAT THEY ARE FREE TO PLAY THIS YEAR

This isn't all over for the Bulldogs, not by a long chalk.

For all intents and purposes it IS over. The NRL may bluster about a bit and impose a fine so as not to lose face but that's it. I'm 99% sure there will be no civil trial. I suggest you and all other witch hunters get over it.

rugged

Juniors
I'm so sick of having to read about orally, vaginally and anally when I read the sports pages. Whoever brought the game to this should be sacked ie the players that decided to break any normal code of conduct. Surely the players in this club in particular should have been aware of their club's image after what happened the year before.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Yes. the police were bullied into saying their was some evidence of rape :roll:
:iwstupid:

Evidence of sexual assault can look like evidence of rape. All the police had to do was repeat that line which is true and the SMH had its headline which apparently fooled you totally. Probably not a hard objective to achieve.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
rugged said:
I'm so sick of having to read about orally, vaginally and anally when I read the sports pages. Whoever brought the game to this should be sacked ie the players that decided to break any normal code of conduct. Surely the players in this club in particular should have been aware of their club's image after what happened the year before.

There are no rules in the NRL about players not being allowed to have sex while on road trips. That was a club code and as such it will be up to the club to impose penalties. My obiter on this would be a hefty fine and possibly a one game ban, but in the end the punishment should fit the crime and having consentual sex (if that's what the club concludes) is absolutely acceptable in our society.

mickdo

Coach
Pensacola Q.C said:
There are no rules in the NRL about players not being allowed to have sex while on road trips. That was a club code and as such it will be up to the club to impose penalties. My obiter on this would be a hefty fine and possibly a one game ban, but in the end the punishment should fit the crime and having consentual sex (if that's what the club concludes) is absolutely acceptable in our society.
Its called 'bringing the game into disrepute', and they certainly did that, because it was in a public place.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
mickdo said:
Pensacola Q.C said:
Its called 'bringing the game into disrepute', and they certainly did that, because it was in a public place.

Having sex in a pool is bringing the game into disrepute? Hmmmm.....maybe it is....I must admit this is not my area of expertise. So yes, what should the penalty be....and be careful to remember the precedents already set for bringing the game into disrepute and there have been a few.

Shifty

Juniors
They have said that there was evidence of rape, but that may not mean she was raped. They have said that there was evidence that indicated rape, but it could have been the result of consensual sex. If they have said there was evidence this woman was raped, unless there is new evidence they have made an error.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Shifty said:
The police never said there was evidence that the woman was raped.
Yes they did. There was evidence consistent with rape, however they couldn't rule out the possibility that the evidence had been the result of consensual activity of a certain type.
Reasonable doubt is the issue here.

gaterooze

Bench
ibeme said:
Dean Moriarty said:
Well, it's the correct legal term, ibeme.

I don't doubt that. It just sounds 'iffy', for something as technical as law. It surprises me. How is probability measured?

Remembering my law classes, it's simply "more likely to have occured than not." It's not black letter law in civil court.

The General

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Shifty said:
The police never said there was evidence that the woman was raped.

channel 10 just annouced differently on the preveiw

Let's try to explain this one more time. The officer said there was evidence a rape occured. He then went on to say that evidence for rape and evidence for consensual sex can be the same. There has already been an admission of consensual sex with the girl.

Make sense now ??

Raider_69

Post Whore
There is evidence of rape
now my problem is now there is a question mark
there is evidence so she COULD have been raped but their isnt enough evidence with indicates that their may not have been a rap

fact is for everyone but a bulldogs fan there is a question mark

DJ1

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:
mickdo said:
Pensacola Q.C said:

Having sex in a pool is bringing the game into disrepute? Hmmmm.....maybe it is....I must admit this is not my area of expertise. So yes, what should the penalty be....and be careful to remember the precedents already set for bringing the game into disrepute and there have been a few.

What was the penalty for the Rooster player who was reported to have had sex on the beach in public?

Apart from mild chaffing....

The General

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
There is evidence of rape
now my problem is now there is a question mark
there is evidence so she COULD have been raped but their isnt enough evidence with indicates that their may not have been a rap

fact is for everyone but a bulldogs fan there is a question mark

That's ridiculous. So for every rape allegation we have to assume guilt, even though it may have only been consesual sex, because the evidence for rape and the evidence for consensual sex can be the same.

Fibroman

First Grade
I think you would find the wording would be something similar to " physical evidence consistent with assault " That doesn't mean that there was an assault or a rape. Who is to know whether the girl suffered the 'injuries' during the consentual group sex she admitted to having on the Wednesday night?

If the girl had a cocktail of drugs and alcohol on board which may well be the case, this could have distorted her recollection of the entire events of the evening.

I can also tell you for a fact, that people report crimes to the police for the sole purpose of pursuing a claim for victim's compensation, not justice/punishment for the alleged perpetraitor.

Maybe she was raped, maybe she wasn't. Unless you were a fly on the wall at the time of the act, you will never know for sure.

Latest posts