What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was rape, say police

The General

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
But if a decision was clear cut about their innocence as many of you dogs fans believe it is, the young female would be in a fair amount of strife

the police are unsure of what really happened, this is due to a variety of things but fact is they can not say with certainity either way, so how can dog fans?

And how come we are guilty in the eyes of most other supporters ?? We have more of a right of presuming innocence because NO CHARGES WERE LAID.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Unreal V said:
Although there is no evidence of rape their is clearly enough evidence that the dogs have brought the game once more into the gutter. If the management at Belmore can fall on their swords the players should also have to pay a price.

The NRL and the Bulldogs management will need to stamp their authority and send a message that the type of behaviour displayed by the players in question will not be tolerated. The players should be named, shamed and then banished from the playing field; to do less, to attempt to cover up will only send the message that boys will be boys and they will be protected.

It may not have been rape, but surely it was not a moral and sound act, surely as representatives of the NRL these players have a duty to act in a manner be fitting their status. If they truly beleive they have done nothing wrong then they should at least come clean with their side of the story; a little emmabarssing to say the least.

If the NRL wants the code to be a family code, if the bulldogs still want to be known as the family club then they will have to show the moral conviction that comes with such a title

So who are you? The morality police?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Pensacola Q.C said:
the irony is a work of art
can you honestly not see how people can still doubt their innocence?

Anything can be doubted but due process has been followed and the police findings have been made public. I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't there but this is the system we have and I'm confident that justice has been delivered.

Can people not get over it?

no we cant, this is over with
no one is 100% sure yet some bulldogs fans seem to think their players have no been vindicated, thats a joke

The General

Juniors
Unreal V said:
The NRL and the Bulldogs management will need to stamp their authority and send a message that the type of behaviour displayed by the players in question will not be tolerated. The players should be named, shamed and then banished from the playing field; to do less, to attempt to cover up will only send the message that boys will be boys and they will be protected.

So Brad Fittler should be "banished from the playing field" for being found on the steps of a police station completely intoxicated ?? Craig Gower should be banished for exposing himself to the public ?? Darren Lockyer should be banished for his little rape "joke". And the list goes on.

If you wanted to take that stance and banish every player who brings the game into disrepute, you wouldn't have many players running around in the NRL.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Pensacola Q.C said:

Anything can be doubted but due process has been followed and the police findings have been made public. I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't there but this is the system we have and I'm confident that justice has been delivered.

no one is 100% sure yet some bulldogs fans seem to think their players have no been vindicated, thats a joke

They have been...weren't you listening to Noad?

The General

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Pensacola Q.C said:

So us Dogs fans should just sit back and take people saying we are guilty even though no charged were laid ??

Raider_69

Post Whore
LOL!
I couldnt care less what Noad says, *edit*

I got news for him, this will not be forgotten for a very very long time
he is nieve to think it will be or even suggest it should be

El Diablo

Post Whore
The General said:
Raider_69 said:
But if a decision was clear cut about their innocence as many of you dogs fans believe it is, the young female would be in a fair amount of strife

the police are unsure of what really happened, this is due to a variety of things but fact is they can not say with certainity either way, so how can dog fans?

And how come we are guilty in the eyes of most other supporters ?? We have more of a right of presuming innocence because NO CHARGES WERE LAID.

And no charges were laid against the woman for making false statements to police.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
I can't believe some of the postings on here. The criminal justice system has decided that there is not enough evidence to secure a conviction. That means the accused players have not been charged with, never mind convicted of, any crime. Therefore legally they are INNOCENT of any crime.

Frankly insanink's post on page 1 of this thread was racist in its implication. Why isn't he at least censured by the moderators?

I surprised that this issue has split the forum based on club allegiances. I'm not a Bulldogs fan but its pretty obvious the media has treated them appallingly in this case and is now trying to justify its position with that disgraceful (and swiftly removed) "It was rape" headline in the SMH. I would have thought most people in Bondi would have a better understanding of why the due process of law is important in protecting the rights of the accused as well as the victims of crime.

Some idiot even said 'forget the DPP, put them before a jury'. How incredibly stupid can you get. The DPP is there to make sure as many crimes as possible go through the courts, by filtering those out where there is insufficient EVIDENCE. This enables the courts to secure MORE convictions, not less and saves the taxpayer money. I guess being a Bulldogs player is enough to secure a conviction for the many seeming savages on this forum, but for me I prefer the LAW. If you like lynchings and stonings, go and live in Saudi Arabia.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
El Duque said:
The General said:
Raider_69 said:

And no charges were laid against the woman for making false statements to police.

And your point is what, Orlando?

dice

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:

Until the 7th player who appears to be the key witness comes forward I doubt people will get over it. The insinuations will live on.

ELIZABETH

Juniors
how can the police insinuate that there is a 7th player, when the woman herself cant even identify the 6 she says attacked her. Bloody stupid this is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Pensacola Q.C said:
El Duque said:
The General said:
Raider_69 said:

lol

I thought it was pretty obvious. The fact that she hasn't been charged backs up Raiders claim that there is no certainty either way.

Shifty

Juniors
Nor will your comments and what you were prepared to say obviously happened.

I have never been prepared to make the conclusion that the players were totally innocent.

The General

Juniors
El Duque said:
I thought it was pretty obvious. The fact that she hasn't been charged backs up Raiders claim that there is no certainty either way.

So why do so many people here still presume we are guilty.

Raider_69

Post Whore
El Duque said:
Pensacola Q.C said:
El Duque said:
The General said:
Raider_69 said:

lol

these people are your average idiots
dem smatz den dat ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Shifty said:
Nor will your comments and what you were prepared to say obviously happened.

I have never been prepared to make the conclusion that the players were totally innocent.

my points have been precisly that
no one can tell either way!
no one can presume innocence or guilt
finally SOMEONE here gets it!

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm either the Bulldogs are guilty or the woman is guilty of making a false report , I guess it will be interesting to see how the civil action goes

El Diablo

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Hmmm either the Bulldogs are guilty or the woman is guilty of making a false report , I guess it will be interesting to see how the civil action goes

But it is possible that neither could be prooven guilty. Charges haven't been laid agaixt either party.

t-ba

Post Whore
Plus, if the Bulldogs players bring charges against her, the evidence comes out, they are publicly named and the sh*t might just hit the fan if the defendants lawyers are enough chop.