What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's my turn to white ant.

newman

First Grade
I've probably got a bit of a rep on here as being an apologist for the admin (and it's deserved) but if they don't sack Flano I'm going to place immense pressure on them.

Today was just astonishing. All the external elements were in place. It's the best god damn team on paper since 2001. We are on the nose with the community and one good performance today could've turned that around.

We were unprepared. Unfit. Our structures in attack and defence were rubbish. Our desire was non existent.

Just step down and save us all the humiliating dance.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
No. It won't happen because Flanno is secure in the position because he has backing.

Since 73

First Grade
I cringe when i see good players like Jeremy Smith, gallen and Carney being beaten week in and out. Even guys like Gardner, Fifita and Tafoa.

Because i know they think the perception of our joint is right. Which it ain't.
And then the rot sets into their game and the perception continues.

And we get what we saw today week in and out. rep players - very very good players mad to look like an embarrassing rabble.

Nobody was a stronger critic of Phlanno than me.

But it ain't his fault. As I've said all along whoever made the call - financial woes or not - to put this bloke in charge of a professional football team needs to take the hit for this.

And whichever dickead made the call to extend his contract after just 2 games - both trial matches in which we got hammered - well, that guy should hang his head very fuggin low.

A quick look at Phlanno's resume tells it all.

A 5 minute conversation with the bloke would have confirmed it. Every time I hear the bloke speak - every friggin time - I try to imagine what our elite players must think of the 'uneducated, stating the bleedin obvious' diatribe he always comes out with.

You want 2 things from your coach.
1. To create a harmonious joint.
2. To prepare the players so they play to their optimum every time they run out - in fitness and skill set.

The one outstnading feature i get from our blokes are they play BELOW their optimium every week. And nobody devlopes their game - takes it to the next level.
Wright,Gards, Graham - classic examples.

I will say it again....

Graham Murray

Wato

Juniors
I cringe when i see good players like Jeremy Smith, gallen and Carney being beaten week in and out. Even guys like Gardner, Fifita and Tafoa.

Because i know they think the perception of our joint is right. Which it ain't.
And then the rot sets into their game and the perception continues.

And we get what we saw today week in and out. rep players - very very good players mad to look like an embarrassing rabble.

Nobody was a stronger critic of Phlanno than me.

But it ain't his fault. As I've said all along whoever made the call - financial woes or not - to put this bloke in charge of a professional football team needs to take the hit for this.

And whichever dickead made the call to extend his contract after just 2 games - both trial matches in which we got hammered - well, that guy should hang his head very fuggin low.

A quick look at Phlanno's resume tells it all.

A 5 minute conversation with the bloke would have confirmed it. Every time I hear the bloke speak - every friggin time - I try to imagine what our elite players must think of the 'uneducated, stating the bleedin obvious' diatribe he always comes out with.

You want 2 things from your coach.
1. To create a harmonious joint.
2. To prepare the players so they play to their optimum every time they run out - in fitness and skill set.

The one outstnading feature i get from our blokes are they play BELOW their optimium every week. And nobody devlopes their game - takes it to the next level.
Wright,Gards, Graham - classic examples.

I will say it again....

Graham Murray

Murray is part of the knights coaching set up. I doubt he will want to return to the top flight nor and no offence intended but its the truth to a club in as bad a position as the sharks.
I don't get why everyone is so down from the sharks camp, the way the sides set up it lives and dies by Carney. He had a poor game as did Cronulla but showed enough to say they can compete with most sides. I think there is a lot of similarities between Cronulla 2012 and Canberra 2008(I think when they stormed into the finals from nowhere).

spider

Coach
Well, that's 10 consecutive losses. What is the record?

Agree that Flano is a great bloke, but he needs to turn something around quite quickly.

We looked like amateurs in our jerseys with no sponsor; we looked worse trying to execute the basic modern skills.

As was mentioned, there could not have been a better platform than today (weather, crowd, etc) to turn the current perception of the team.

taipan

Referee
Let's look at it this way BTW I am writing this after falling on my Japanese sword ,consuming copious amounts of arsenic,and hoping for armageddon,the team cannot get any flipping worse.
Gallen ,Smith,Gardner and possibly De Gois to a lesser degree seemed to put in .Carney tried to win the game on his own and made too many mistakes in so doing.
Pomm well I have a new nickname for him Mr Velcro,because the guy needs a glove with the stuff on both hands,and a similarly strapped across his chest.He is possibly a nice guy,but like me can't play 1st garde based on that performance.
He handles like an eel slipping over the Warragamba dam sluice gate.
I have never seen as many wrong options taken since I took out my first date and boy did she let me know.
I have never seen so many breaks make by a team ,that came to zilch.
Flanno cannot be blamed for the park football decisions and play of most of the players.He will of course have to face the judiciary in the end if they continue the same vein.
A crying shame for a big crowd and they served that up.It's like being given a sh*t sandwich when you expect lobster.
It is only rd 2 ,get off your big A, team,and play like you did in the 2nd half against the striped ones.Look at moi>BALL CONTROL.BACKING UP THE BALL CARRIER AND DON'T TRY TO SCORE OFF EVERY FRIGGING MOVE.

Last edited:

Latest posts