What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OFFICIAL MANLY ARE PRETENDERS

RenoufPhan

Juniors
I agree that Stewart is a quality player and is a rep player of the future.

But when Karmichael had one shocker a couple of weeks ago, there were people on here writing him off. Saying he was hoepless and he couldn't hold Brett Stewart's jock. It's just funny that those same people seem to have suddenly gone into hiding.

:lol:

Don't know why anyone would think Karmichael is poor under the high ball. In fact, that is one of the strengths of his game. Anyone who says otherwise is making an ill-informed generalisation based on his one game against the Roosters earlier this year where he was suffering from cramps and couldn't get across to cover any kicks.

SOULS 04

Juniors
broncos put on a huge effort and played a top game... iManly made way too many mistakes early and brisbane just punished them for the whole first half.

manly have a good football side but really need to address the away record to be a force this year... in saying that i think they can do it.... i don't want them to but i think they can.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I think tonight was a very bad sign for Manly and can't just be dismissed. I was at tonights game and the worst sign I saw for Manly was actually how hard they tried. They were extremely pumped up tonight, especially in the first twenty minutes and they kept patting each other on the back all the time. I think they really came to Brisbane hyped right up. I see this as a bad sign, as unlike other games where teams have lost by big scores, such as the parra, brisbane game, the losing side in this game brought a good attitude. Sure Manly made some dumb errors, but they failed to really have any penetration in attack and were ripped apart in defense. I think Manly tried thier hardest and learnt they are not in the same class as Brisbane and perhaps the other top sides.

Jordan

Juniors
If Manly's problem is playing at night, then they've got big problems. Most of the final's games are at night, and of course..the Grand Final is at night..

Not that I think they'd get that far anyways. They were shown up big time tonight...

thuganomics

Coach
Them not winning at night is just a mental thing IMO. They can overcome that very fast and is not the biggest worry for them at the moment. It will be intresting to see how they hit back next week.

Top game from Brisbane :clap:

c_eagle

Juniors
The amount of people running in to stick the boot in is hilarious, it's freaking Manly after all! It's not like the mighty has fallen, we're just a hard working footy team that has the most intimidating home ground in the league, is it such a shock that we went to Brisbane and got touched up?

Anyone who truly believed the hype (i.e. Manly are already title contenders) is a bad judge of the game.

lotti

Bench
I know they are equal 2nd on the ladder that is a fact the two teams that just played are the top teams in the comp so far(not in my book though, quiet c eagle) Manly enjoyed 5 days on their own and we'll enjoy being up there on our own again. At least they did better than Parramatta who lost by 40 points, Manly only lost by 26.

lotti

Bench
C Eagle it's a pity you got banned from the official Manly forum, what I said above is nothing compared to what I'm saying on there. I'm looking forward to round 19 now so I can give those Broncos hell when they can hear me, they'll pay for beating Manly.

c_eagle

Juniors
lotti said:
C Eagle it's a pity you got banned from the official Manly forum, what I said above is nothing compared to what I'm saying on there. I'm looking forward to round 19 now so I can give those Broncos hell when they can hear me, they'll pay for beating Manly.

Lotti, shouldn't you be concentrating on the other 2 loves of your life now that Manly have played? Go follow another team, you're totally embaressing.

Garts

Bench
I will give Lotti the benefit of the doubt. my girlfriend likes a couple of sides also but in saying that she does not come and post on all their forums!!!!

c_eagle

Juniors
Garts said:
I will give Lotti the benefit of the doubt. my girlfriend likes a couple of sides also but in saying that she does not come and post on all their forums!!!!

I'm sure she doesn't spam and reply 30 times with the same thing in the same thread over and over.

lotti

Bench
Garts that's because you've seen what I've been saying on Manly's forum. C Eagle I don't cry when Melbourne and the Sharks(who's blood I want since they pumped the Broncos up) are losing when Watmough scored I was begging Witt to convert it saying stuff like if you've ever converted a try in your career this is the one. I'll be doing double duty in round 19 as a Manly fan I want them to wish the scoreline was the other way around tonight and be thrashed as badly as they thrashed Manly but as Melbourne one I just want them to lose.

c_eagle

Juniors
lotti said:
Garts that's because you've seen what I've been saying on Manly's forum. C Eagle I don't cry when Melbourne and the Sharks(who's blood I want since theypumped the Broncos up) are losing when Watmough scored I was begging Witt to convert it saying stuff like if you've ever converted a try in your career this is the one. I'll be doing double duty in round 19 as a Manly fan I want them to wish the scoreline was the other way around tonight and be thrashed as badly as they thrashed Manly but as Melbourne one I just want them to lose.

What the hell are you dribbling about?

lotti

Bench
well when Watmough scored I had tears and saying thank god we scored and even though he couldn't hear me telling Witt to convert it. C Eagle I wish you would put aside the fact I've got 2 clubs that I defend whenever someone says something bad about them yes I'm a Melbourne fan but that's because I was born down there and want to be loyal to a Victorian club but I'm also a Manly one and I've been one since I was born so even if another Melbourne fan(and I've done this) bad mouths Manly I defend them until I'm blue in the face because they are one of my clubs of course if someone bad mouths the Sharks I shrug it off because well it's just the Sharks it's not like they're bad mouthing Manly. Before tonight I just wanted Melbourne to just beat them but now I don't care how Melbourne to it I want the Sharks to be slaughtered, battered and fried up as flake.

Kiwi

First Grade
Those bombs Lockyer put up were knightmares for Stewart, huge kicks with alot of hang time. Lockyer easily puts up the best bombs in the game.

The Broncos team tonight reminded me of the Broncos of old, and I say that because, like the Broncos of old, tonight if manly made a mistake in their own 20, they payed for it.

Just gotta get the second half killer instinct back when leading by a big score. I wanna see them really put a team away. Imagine what the score would have been against the Eels it they had gone for the throat in the second half. Same against manly.

lotti

Bench
no offence but I want the Broncos to be thrashed next week I hate them more than the Bulldogs at the moment I just wish I didn't have to wait until round 19 to give them a piece of my mind if I was there tonight(and I wish that I was) the Broncos would've wish they hadn't messed with Manly because I would've lost my voice screaming at them.