What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official we bought a lemon and boy is it sour

T.S Quint

Coach
Lol good to see nothing here has changed....scapegoat scapegoat scapegoat. The rest of the side are either inexperienced or garbage bar one or two blokes, any wonder our halves and Hayne aren't having an impact on the scoreboard? Sandow was very good early, he's slid in concert with the rest of the sides performance. Shocking, I know.

Yawn.

Bullshit.
He was terrible and has been for years. You can't blame his pathetic short kicking game on the youngsters in the side.
You can't blame them for his disgraceful defence.
You can't blame them for him seemingly refusing to run the ball anymore (which is when he looks most dangerous).

murraymob

Coach
no half back could shine behind that forward pack.Its easy to hammer sandow but you are getting rolled over in the forwards

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think sandow will be there come 2014.Just doubt stuart would put up with it.
In the first half today he had plenty of chances and fluffed everyone.
Id rather walsh or wallace over sanddow for sure

T.S Quint

Coach
Sandow's little chip into the ingoal which was taken easily by a Titans player was one of the worst options I have seen.
A few grubbers went dead as well.
Honestly, I think Kelly or Hayne have to be the go-to men on last tackle. Sandow f**ks it up way more often than not.

hindy111

Post Whore
I watched his game closely today.He had chances on the last and muffed everyone.His short kicking game is poor.His passes are not any better than mortimer/robson.
He was a gamble when we bought him and he isnt working out.And another problem is his deffense is horrid

fish eel

Immortal
no half back could shine behind that forward pack.Its easy to hammer sandow but you are getting rolled over in the forwards

Yep, that's right, we are getting hammered up front, but there's also no denying Chris has been poor - even when we have momentum

jk13

First Grade
It would only be fair if Chris sunk his pay cheque into the eels clubhouse pokies this week

Sandow's little chip into the ingoal which was taken easily by a Titans player was one of the worst options I have seen.
A few grubbers went dead as well.
Honestly, I think Kelly or Hayne have to be the go-to men on last tackle. Sandow f**ks it up way more often than not.

Kelly is rubbish as well. He does not know what he's doing.

T.S Quint

Coach
He has as much skill as any half to have played the game.
But he has no brains whatsoever. That is something you can't teach a player, especially not at this stage of his career. Playing on instinct is fine, but when that's not working you need to be able to rely on your ability to think and use you football smarts to get you through the match.
Sandow is just unable to do that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kelly is woefull.But probaly beeing paid nothing.
Even if Sandow had a few good games overall he wont do it week in week out.

The worse is we have in on the boks for 2 more years.So lets hope he gets better.teams are just running at him every game and its like putting a knife threw butter.he is a 12-20 point a game liabilty

Eels Dude

Coach

Even when we get a leg up and are given an entire set in the opposition's 20, where we had plenty of chances today, he did very little. This is when you expect your half to step up but he's just drawing a blank every time. Very disappointing.

EelsFan05

Bench
The clincher for me was when they ran down his side in the first half for a try he didn't even try and tackle someone, anyone. He just stood in between attackers and just watched them run passed him and had enough time to turn around and watch the try being scored.

Avenger

Immortal
The clincher for me was when they ran down his side in the first half for a try he didn't even try and tackle someone, anyone. He just stood in between attackers and just watched them run passed him and had enough time to turn around and watch the try being scored.
Which is one of the main reasons why he should be punted.

Eelogical

Referee
The clincher for me was when Hayne ran downfield and got tackled 10 out on the first. Such were the organising skills we were 11 out on the 6th.

Bigfella

Coach
Kelly is not so much disappointing for me because he doesn't have that much skill, wasn't signed as a big name, and is very young. But he isn't a spine player at nrl level at the moment.

Sandow is massively disappointing because of the enormous gulf between his best and his worst footy- and the fact that his worst comes so frequently. His decision making can be absolutely brainless at times.

He is also absolutely hopeless in defence an not helping the young blokes around him either.

At this stage we have Keating and sandow in our spine for next year. A woeful forward pack is only being improved by two blokes who have never played nrl. Our backs are only being improved by a five eighth whose best nrl footy has been at fullback and a great outside back but who has not played for two years.

It's pretty depressing. Especially as Ben smith will still be here. When he came on fresh he offered absolutely zero in attack.