What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time of year. Your top 17 for 2010 and general discussion for 2010

While the boys are enjoying mad Monday(hopefully incident free)

Heres my top 17.

1. Kurt Gidley.
2. James McManus.
3. Adam McDougall.
4. Junior Sau.
5. Cooper Vuna.
6. Jarrod Mullen.
7. Scott Dureau. (Keep Mullen in 5/8th)
8. Ben Cross.
9. Isaac Degois.
10. Mark Tafua.
11. Steve Simpson.
12. Zeb Taia.
13. Chris Houston.

14. Matt Hilder.
15. Richie Faaso.
16. Evarn T.
17. Cory Patterson.

Loads of impact on the bench.

Hilder there to cover for injuries.

Scotty in for the simple reason is that Mullo is @ 5/8th.

That side is top 4 IMO.

hugzy

Juniors
hey we were set on top 4 at the start of the year with the same team wtf happened

uate to come in for whoevers out of form/injured. hes a gun but just needs to learn how to play. how good is vuna wtf

lets hope wes "where is" naqaima doesn't become our john morris

Not really Hugzy, Cross, Patto, McManus & Vuna didn't play the vast majority of the year. You add them 4 in fully fit and Evarn and we'll be a much more damaging team.

Hell you add a speed hump and a pot plant in for Marv and Wes and we'll be a much better team.

roopy

Referee
I think Rogers improved enough this year that he has to be in the 17 - either on the bench or somewhere other than the 6 (which is Mullo's spot).
He is a quality footballer, and we need to find a way to use him.

You dont rate Sau and Maddog? Maddog's form goes without saying but I think for 75% of this year Sau's been excellent.

The Smokey

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James Mcmanus
3. Adam Macdougall
4. Junior Sau
5. Cooper Vuna
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Scott Dureau
8. Ben Cross
9. Issac Degois
10. Daniel Tolar
11. Zeb Taia
12. Chris Houston
13. Steve Simpson

14. Matthew Hilder
15. Cameron Ciraldo - I believe Corey Paterson has lost it, i did think he had loads of potential and he was going to be a great player but he has taken a backward step and his workrate is terrible and gives away stupid penalities now. That is why he is being left out
16. Evarn Tuimavave
17. Richard Fa'aoso

Pre-Season is going to be a killer for us next year just reading that Issac Degois, Zeb Taia, Jarrod Mullen and Cooper Vuna all need surgery and a six month rehab plus possible suspensions to Matt Hilder, Richard Fa'aoso, Steve Simpson. Not good already.

Pika

Bench
While the boys are enjoying mad Monday(hopefully incident free)

Heres my top 17.

1. Kurt Gidley.
2. James McManus.
3. Adam McDougall.
4. Junior Sau.
5. Cooper Vuna.
6. Jarrod Mullen.
7. Scott Dureau. (Keep Mullen in 5/8th)
8. Ben Cross.
9. Isaac Degois.
10. Mark Tafua.
11. Steve Simpson.
12. Zeb Taia.
13. Chris Houston.

14. Matt Hilder.
15. Richie Faaso.
16. Evarn T.
17. Cory Patterson.

Loads of impact on the bench.

Hilder there to cover for injuries.

Scotty in for the simple reason is that Mullo is @ 5/8th.

That side is top 4 IMO.

Looks good mate.

Switch House to back row and Simmo to lock and that would be close to my starting team.

Patto to drop off the bench for Wicks possibly as well.

Wicks its like we swapped a spongecake for a muffin. Same and same.

Deadset he'll sign with the Dogs or Storm and we'll look like idiots when we cut him next year.

Pika do you reckon stone will be tough enough to flog players Wicks constantly cuz deadset he needs to be under a tyrants whip constantly IMO.

Jono078

Referee
Right now it's not even about getting Wicks in shape. He was in decent shape all this year, albeit a distrupted pre season. But he needs a mental adjustment, he's gotta go out there wanting to make runs, wanting to stop the attack with big tackles etc.

Alex28

Coach
I do not rate Doogs or Sau in the same way I rate Jennings, Morris, Hodges, Inglis...I think our Centres are our other big weakness (along with halfback). It's one area where we seriously lack.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
So you don't rate Macdougall and sau as good as the 4 best centres in the game?

I guess by that logic we should replace Gidley as he's not as good as Slater, Stewert,
Bowen, Hunt...

I guess we should also get rid of Degois while we are at it as he's not as good as Smith, Farah and Ennis...

Macdougall and Sau have been outstanding in attack and defence all year. Macdougall has been arguably our best attacking player all year, yet because he isn't up there with Inglis he needs to be replaced? I can't agree with your logic at all.

Karmawave

Bench
So you don't rate Macdougall and sau as good as the 4 best centres in the game?

I don't know about Alex, but I wouldn't rate our centres in the top 8 COMBINATIONS in the NRL.

Mad Dog has had a fantastic year, but the work of the centres as a combination can be reflected in the amount of tries our wingers score - and if you look at it, our wingers don't score many tries.

Sau is a one dimensional centre with extremely limited ( read - bare minimum ) passing ability, and Mad Dog for all his great work this season is still 34 years of age, and durability with injuries has never been his calling.

Plenty of other NRL combinations in the centres offer a hell of a lot more than what we have. Sadly, the same can be said across the park in most of our positions.

We are just an average team, who continues to perform mediocre. Any top 4 aspirations for 2010 is highly optimistic.

Any top 4 aspirations for 2010 is highly optimistic.

Damn straight, we scraped into 7th after that month without my previously mentioned big 4. Excellent chance we would have been top 4 without that Month.

I still think we have plenty of improvement and will easily compete for top 4 and give the comp a good shake next year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1. Shannon McDonnell
2. James McManus
3. Adam McDougall
4. Junior Sau
5. Cooper Vuna.
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Scott Dureau
8. Ben Cross
9. Isaac DeGois
10. Mark Tafua
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia.
13. Matt Hilder

14. Steve Simpson
15. Marvin Karawana
16. Evarn Tuimavave
17. Whoever trains well. Not Wicks. Not Cory.

Joker's Wild

Coach
1. Shannon McDonnell
2. James McManus
3. Adam McDougall
4. Junior Sau
5. Cooper Vuna.
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Scott Dureau
8. Ben Cross
9. Isaac DeGois
10. Mark Tafua
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia.
13. Matt Hilder

14. Steve Simpson
15. Marvin Karawana
16. Evarn Tuimavave
17. Whoever trains well. Not Wicks. Not Cory.

You'd drop Gidley for Jnr Burger? WTF :shock:

Karmawave

Bench
Damn straight, we scraped into 7th after that month without my previously mentioned big 4. Excellent chance we would have been top 4 without that Month.

I still think we have plenty of improvement and will easily compete for top 4 and give the comp a good shake next year.

I hear what you're saying. I feel we overachieved in 2009 as it was though.

Jono078

Referee
Lol McDonnell.. Didn't think you were capable of writing such a thing like that CWB.

If he is our #1 fullback next season we are doomed.

My team would be

1 Kurt Gidley
2 James McManus
3 Junior Sau
4 Adam MacDougall
5 Cooper Vuna
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Ryan Stig
8 Ben Cross
9 Isaac De Gois
10 Steve Simpson
11 Chris Houston
12 Zeb Taia
13 Mark Taufua
--
14 Matt Hilder
15 Cory Paterson
16 Richie Fa'aoso
17 Danny Wicks - only if he steps up (I know, bloody unlikely) otherwise someone else.

Gives us a good power game with quick halves to capitalize on go forward, well if they're smart enough.