What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time of year. Your top 17 for 2010 and general discussion for 2010

K-Man

Bench
Any thoughts on
6. Mullen
7. Ndaira

Could it really be any worse than Dureau/Rogers?

At lease Ndaira has a bit of pace and a step unlike Scotty. If he can put in a decent freaking grubber kick that doesn't threatean to smash a couple of the seats in row 1 then I'd be happy to see him have a go.

George's defence is perfectly acceptable to play in the halves.

Pika

Bench
I would be most interested to see how many tries were scored by the Bulldogs down Morris' side of the field in comparison to Macdougall's side of the field. It would not surprise me at all if they scored double the tries to what we scored.

And if people are happy and content with that, then great. Go on supporting your incredibly mediocre team. Other teams develop superstars. Other team go and poach the gun juniors of other teams.

What do we do? Re-sign Doogs.

Where the f*** is our Jennings? I don't want us just to be average...

See...the thing is that we stayed alive to make it to the finals due to defence rather than attack. We wont win a premiership on defence.

Not sure about our Jennings. But the Panthers jennings?

On holiday.

Had mad Monday a week before us.

Remember? Doogs smashed him into a million poeces and left him in the dirt out of the play offs.

I dont know where our Jennings is mate, but I hope he never has to play our Doogs.....

On holiday.

Remember? Doogs smashed him into a million poeces and left him in the dirt out of the play offs.

I dont know where our Jennings is mate, but I hope he never has to play our Doogs.....

Top post.

CJG 182

Juniors
I do not rate Doogs or Sau in the same way I rate Jennings, Morris, Hodges, Inglis...I think our Centres are our other big weakness (along with halfback). It's one area where we seriously lack.

Yes he may not be as athletic as the above but this season head to head:

Doogs comprehensivly owned Jennings.
Shut down Hodges completely.
Held his own against Inglis (that's if I remember right)
And Morris' only try on the past weekend was absolute arse. Not out skilled. arse.

Apey

Staff member
You seem to be basing your opinion on one game where:

a) He hardly even got the ball.
b) Most of the team were pretty off their game. :?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

On holiday.

Hahaha, very well said!

Alex28

Coach
Lets see if we are saying the same thing next year...eventually he is going to play a year too many. Lets hope it isn't next year.

At some stage we have to look to the future rather than rely on a mid-30's centre.

Stranger

Coach
Lets see if we are saying the same thing next year...eventually he is going to play a year too many. Lets hope it isn't next year.

At some stage we have to look to the future rather than rely on a mid-30's centre.

Although you are making your point in a rough way, i agree with what you are saying.

If i am correct you are saying... "when are we going to develop our superstar!". Where is our jennings means when are we going to produce a player that is capeable like Jennings.

Lets face it, the players that we have produced haven't turned into anything dynamic or special yet. Mullen hasn't turned into a rep player yet, the backs such as Sau, McManus, Uate all havent turned into great players yet.

Frederick

Staff member

Or he's going to continue his good form from this year. And for all you know Jennings could have an absolute ratsh*t season next year...will you still be whinging that we don't have a Jennings then?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Macdougall was 33 at the end of last season. I guess then going by Alex's so called logic, that we shouldn't have let doogs play this year as it would have been a massive risk having him play. I'm glad Alex isn't part of the knights management involved in buying and selling players. I would have hated to see how bad we would have gone in 09 without our best and most consistent outside back..

Alex28

Coach
How long has it been since we saw Matt Gidley and Tahu come through from the junior ranks? Because it has been that long since we have developed a quality Centre. For mine that's way too long.

Jennings might be a dud next year. How long has it been since we have developed anything anywhere near how exciting his prospects are?

No...you guys are right...lets get excited about Doogs having a few good games this season and look to the future where we have a 35 year old as our bright hope while every other club is looking for the next big thing...I mean for all we know we might have the next big thing in the NYC team but will he get the chance to show us?

Alex28

Coach
Macdougall was 33 at the end of last season. I guess then going by Alex's so called logic, that we shouldn't have let doogs play this year as it would have been a massive risk having him play. I'm glad Alex isn't part of the knights management involved in buying and selling players. I would have hated to see how bad we would have gone in 09 without our best and most consistent outside back..
Or we could have given someone like Pete Mata'utia a decent go and we could be sure of our future beyond next year...

All I am saying is at some stage we need to put Doogs out to pasture and look to the future. Is one year too many with Doogs going to cost us? Not only in Doogs' form but what if Mata'utia decides he doesn't have a future with the Knights and wants to go elsewhere? Could have happened with Vuna this year remember?

All I am saying is trotting out Doogs next year is incredibly short-sighted and not doing any good for the future of the backline of the team.

Pika

Bench
You trot out the best team you have available.

If that means Doogs, then it is Doogs.

If its Pete, then Pete plays.

Pete has another year in NYC and is contracted to then, he is going nowhere.

Doogs may or may not have another year in him.

Pete knows his chance will come.

You may now be saying that Doogs needs to be put to pasture and look to the future, but in previous posts you were saying that tries get scored down Doogs side and we are happy with mediocre... then you throw up Jennings.

Fact is, Doogs at this point in time has dominated all the centres you mentioned. Medicore? I think not.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Or we could have given someone like Pete Mata'utia a decent go and we could be sure of our future beyond next year...

All I am saying is at some stage we need to put Doogs out to pasture and look to the future. Is one year too many with Doogs going to cost us? Not only in Doogs' form but what if Mata'utia decides he doesn't have a future with the Knights and wants to go elsewhere? Could have happened with Vuna this year remember?

All I am saying is trotting out Doogs next year is incredibly short-sighted and not doing any good for the future of the backline of the team.

Well maybe the knights should bring in a policy that once a player hits 30 years old they must be cut as it could cost a lower grader a chance that he may or may not take... Or maybe we should make it 27 years old, just to make it really sure.

If we won on Saturday and we went into next weeks game, I for one would be stoked that we kept doogs for this year, rather that getting rid of him when he was 33 and then relying on Mata'utia to do the job. Apparently that would have been 'short sighted' wanting to push for the premiership this year, rather then spending the next 10 years constantly rebuilding the team full of inexperienced players..

roopy

Referee
The backups side

McDonnell
Uate
Pete
Williams
Wes
Rogers
Ndaira
Tovo
Adams
Edwards
Ciraldo
Mika
Karawana

Fruean
Ailoami
Shearer
Tetavano

Hanscholo

Bench
1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. MacDougall
4. Sau
5. Vuna
6. Rogers
7. Mullen
8. Tafua
9. Degois
10. Cross
11. Patterson
12. Simpson
13. Taia

14. Wicks
15. Fa'aoso
16. Hilder
17. Houston

Pretty decent side, sans Rogers. I simply refuse to use Dureau, all of the problems rogers brings but none of the offensive output. I have a feeling that side + a dose of Smith's game plan would have seen us wipe the floor with the dogs last weekend....what might have been.

Last edited:

CJG 182

Juniors
A lot of the team are up for make or break years next year as chances are running out.

Wicks
Mullen
Gids as a leader, and really needs to pick up his form.
Simpson
Cross
Tolar
Paterson
Uate

Rick Stone. I really don't like some of his (albeit limited) decision making this year.

Sau needs to improve.
Vuna first winger picked, but stop crabbing!
Doogs first centre picked based on this year.

People who can improve but aren't a worry:
Taia
Hilder
De Gois
McManus

NS_Sherlock

Juniors

Not necessarily.

Doogs brings much more than just his play to the team. He brings his experience, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the game. I bet there are a lot of players who would love to be in a team with Doogs in it.

He won't play every game all year and this can be an opportunity to blood a new centre either alongside him or in his place with his support. That's an opportunity for a long-term gain.

General Knight

Juniors
I seriously hope Stone can get 1 or 2 big signings next year. Just having a quick look at the teams being posted and all I see is a bunch of potentials and close to retirement guys. We lack some star power bigtime. The only proven bigtime player we got is Gidley. If you look at the other teams in that top 8 and take their best 3 players and compare it to our top 3 players it would be like comparing a bmw to a toyota.

Ofcourse if anyone of Mullen, Pato, Uate, De Gois etc can take the next big step then we will be a top 4 team but thats a big IF - also it's something that we have been hoping would happen to some of those players every year for the past few years now.

Like others have been saying any 2 signings of a star half/back/prop and we would be contenders for a top 4.

Latest posts