What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time - Your 2010 Storm

Noa

First Grade
Pretty self-explanatory, give us your line-up to start the defence of OUR title next year.

Heres mine

1. Suh-later
2. Justin "the real deal" O'Neill -dont think Quinn will be ready and Justin is more advanced then Matt duffie. Would love to see him outside TBA.
3. Chase "but hopefully not to much" Stanley
4. TBA
5. Great Dane Nielsen
6. Brett "Suck on that raiders, roosters and Eels fans" Finch
7. Cooper Chronic

8. Brett "Fite-Nite" White
9. Cam "2,3,4 & 5 O'Clock shadow" Smith
10. Iron Aiden Tolman
11. Adam "Aint no thing but a chicken wing'' Blair
12. Cryan Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas ''whats my name" Johnson

14. Ryan "they kept Butriss and Flanagan over me?" Hinchcliffe
15. Sika "and destroy " Manu
16. Kevin "dont dare call me Sideshow Bob" Proctor
17. Ryan "Yes, thats 3 ryans in the one side" Tandy.

Noa

First Grade
Pretty self-explanatory, give us your line-up to start the defence of OUR title next year.

Heres mine

1. Suh-later
2. Justin "the real deal" O'Neill -dont think Quinn will be ready and Justin is more advanced then Matt duffie. Would love to see him outside TBA.
3. Chase "but hopefully not to much" Stanley
4. TBA
5. Great Dane Nielsen
6. Brett "Suck on that raiders, roosters and Eels fans" Finch
7. Cooper Chronic

8. Brett "Fite-Nite" White
9. Cam "2,3,4 & 5 O'Clock shadow" Smith
10. Iron Aiden Tolman
11. Adam "Aint no thing but a chicken wing'' Blair
12. Cryan Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas ''whats my name" Johnson

14. Ryan "they kept Butriss and Flanagan over me?" Hinchcliffe
15. Sika "and destroy " Manu
16. Kevin "dont dare call me Sideshow Bob" Proctor
17. Ryan "Yes, thats 3 ryans in the one side" Tandy.

- Look for one of Sinbad Kali, Louis Fanene, Jess Bromwich or Jon Kite to put real pressure on for that last bench spot. All 4 have great ability and size. Really rate Fanene and if Sika isnt ready to start the year Id put him in there.

- Ecstatic with our halves back-up next year. Chisholm, Widdop(who has been earmarked to play some 5/8) and Luke Kelly are all guns and will give us great service during SOO next year. During which Chronic will play the 3 games.

- Experienced outside back depth is still a concern. We have Isa, Itula (?) maybe Bronx Goodwin and thats it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10972

1. Slater
2. O'Neill
3. Inglis
4. Quinn
5. Nielson/Duffie
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. White
9. Smith
10. Lima
11. Blair
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Manu
16. Tolman
17. Tandy/Fanene/Kite

Stanley needs to be blooded in as a backrower utility.

Dan70

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Quinn
3. Stanley
4. Inglis
5. Neilson
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. White
11. Blair
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Lima
16. Manu
17. Proctor

Assuming everyone is fit..... not gonna speculate on Quinn and Manu being fit for round 1 etc.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
1. Slater
2. O'Neill
3. Inglis
4. Quinn
5. Nielson/Duffie
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. White
9. Smith
10. Lima
11. Blair
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Manu
16. Tolman
17. Tandy/Fanene/Kite

Stanley needs to be blooded in as a backrower utility.

We've been there before with Quinn at center.

Not good.

Molly

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Quinn
3. Stanley
4. Inglis
5. Neilson
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. White
11. Blair
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Lima
16. Manu
17. Proctor

Assuming everyone is fit..... not gonna speculate on Quinn and Manu being fit for round 1 etc.

Pretty much what I think, although I gotta say I was not that impressed with Proctor in the finals. I thought the guy who might bring something was Rochow? (spelling).

Quinn and Stanely are probably interchangable for a couple of the u/20's, I do like the look of O'Niell.

I think overall we are in the best shape going into the new season than we have been for a few years. However, wish we did not have to play that rubbish trial game in the UK.

Dan70

Juniors
Pretty much what I think, although I gotta say I was not that impressed with Proctor in the finals. I thought the guy who might bring something was Rochow? (spelling).

Quinn and Stanely are probably interchangable for a couple of the u/20's, I do like the look of O'Niell.

I think overall we are in the best shape going into the new season than we have been for a few years. However, wish we did not have to play that rubbish trial game in the UK.

What is it they say? It takes as long as you where out with injury to get back to full fitness? I think Proctor is a tremendous talent, and ahead of Rochow, who I also rate very highly.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
01 Slater
02 Nielsen
03 Stanley
04 Inglis
05 Quinn
06 Finch
07 Cronk
08 Tolman
09 Smith
10 White
11 Blair
12 Hoffman
13 Johnson

14 Manu
15 Lima
16 Proctor
17 Tandy

18 Anderson, Kite, Vaea, Lowrie, Hinchcliffe etc

we dont really need hinchcliffe on the bench IMO. he barely plays and when he comes on it's usually in the forwards. i'd rather a forward in the forwards than a backup hooker.

O'Neill looks the goods...big and strong with some pace. Would probably be ahead of Duffie are present but either could play first grade quite comfortably.

The foward depth is impressive...Lowrie will be a great bench option and if Lima goes which is still being reported then the likes of Tandy or Kite will get the opportunity to cement a first grade starting possie.

Chase Stanley needs to be given time to establish himself in the centre spot...he has heaps of pace and will suit Storm's attacking backline moves.

roopy

Referee
Looks like you have signed Luke McDougal from the Knights.
He hasn't played firstgrade for two years because of a bicep injury that made one of his arms useless for tackling, but he went to the US last off season for an operation and it looks like he is mostly over the problem.
I saw him in one game for Lakes United in the Newcastle comp a few months ago, and he still have the footwork and power running of a firstgrade winger - just needs the arm strength to tackle - and no one trains harder than a McDougall.

Noa

First Grade

Billythekid

First Grade
Hang on, you gotta find space for Tandy.

This. This may be over the top but i think he helped turn our season around. Whenever he came off the bench momentum instantly swung in our favor. The impact of him and Lima off the bench was amazing quite frankly and i think that is why we were so dominant in the last few weeks.

Play The Ball

Juniors
I am far more optimistic about our chances for next year than I was this time last year,

And yet, we won a premiership this year, :shock:

Not sure what that means exactly, but its got to be good. ;-)