What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time - Your 2010 Storm

Noa

First Grade
Thats just plain greedy Billy.

But as we all know, Greed........ is Good :).

roopy

Referee
The Knights paid Luke 600k over three years for 3 games of firstgrade in his first year, so if you are giving him more than match payments you are crazy.
Having said that, he was just about the best player at Souths and worth 200k a season when we signed him.

Butters

Bench
Apart from the last 2 rounds and the finals, Melbourne were terribly inconsistent and lost games they should've easily put away. But they still somehow managed to win the comp with what i think was their weaskest team in years.

And like others have posted i think Melbourne will be a much better team next year than this year. Scary thought huh?

Liam

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Nielson
3. MacDougall
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Lima/White
9. Smith
10. Blair
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Kelly
15. Tolman
16. White/Tandy
17. Stanley

MsStorm

Bench
I'm going to wait and see what happens with Lima/Quinn/Dallas, etc. before posting my team...:)

Play The Ball

Juniors
Rumors circulating that finch may not be 100% commited to next year,

As we all know, he is playing for peanuts, his motivation...... a premiership, he now has one,

May only be rumors , but they are saying now he has the premiership he is reconsidering his options.

Mantle

Juniors
1.Slater
2.Quinn/O'Neill if Quinn is still injured.
3.Stanley
4.Inglis
5.Nielsen
6.Finch
7.Cronk
8.Tolman
9.Smith
10.White
11.Manu/Blair if Sika isn't ready
12.Hoffman
13.Johnson

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Blair/ Tandy if sika is out
16.Proctor
17.Lima

Which leaves good depth to play NSW cup
1.Widdup
2.Mcdougall
3.Isa
4.Itula
5.Hitchcox
7.Kelly
8.Anderson
10.Tandy
11.Bromwich
12.Vea
13.Cahill

Kali
Fenene
Lowrie
Kite

I hope Lowrie gets a better offer from somewhere else as I don't think he will play that much for us and will be a waste of money.

Jamskee

Juniors
1.Billy Slater
2.Matt Duffie/ Justin O'neill
3.Chase Stanley
4.Greg Inglis
5.Dane Neilsen
6.Brett Finch
7.Cooper Cronk
8.Jeff Lima
9.Cam Smith
10.Brett White
11.Kevin Proctor
12.Ryan Hoffman
13.Dallas Johnson

14.Ryan Hinchcliffe- not overly fussed on him, but cant really think of anyone else..
15.Sika Manu
16.Adam Blair
17.Aidan Tolman

Blair and Proctor could be swapped quite easily.
Left Quinn out, im not too big a fan of his, he's alright when on his game. But thats rather rarely

stormtragic

Juniors
1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Widdop
4 Inglis
5 Neilsen
6 Finch
7 Cronk
8 Tolman
9 Smith
10 White
11 Blair
12 Hoffman
13 Johnson

14 Hinchcliffe
15 Tandy
16 Lima
17 Manu

Noa

First Grade
Take 2 with DJ and Lima gone & depth chart for backs

01. Billy Slater - Gareth Widdop
02. Anthony Quinn - Justin O'Neill, Matt Duffie Luke McDougall, Willie Isa
03. Chase Stanley - Dane Nielsen, Willie Isa, Justin O'Neill
04. Greg Inglis - As above
05. Dane Nielsen - Matt Duffie, Justin O'neill Luke McDougall, Willie Isa

06. Brett Finch - Gareth Widdop, Dane Chisholm
07. Cooper Cronk - Luke Kelly

08. Aiden Tolman
09. Cameron Smith
10. Brett White
11. Sika Manu
12. Adam Blair
13. Ryan Hoffman

Definite Bench Spots
14. Ryan Hincliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Ryan Tandy

Fighting for last bench spot
17. Jess Bromwich
18. Scott Anderson
19. John Kite
20. Sinbad Kali
21. Louis Fanene
22. Atalea Vaea

Last edited:

Mantle

Juniors
My take with the same players gone.

01. Slater - Widdop, Hitchcox
02. Quinn - O'Neill, Duffie, McDougall, Isa
03. Stanley - Nielsen, Isa, O'Neill, Itula
04. Inglis - ""
05. Nielsen - O'neill, Duffie, McDougall, Isa
06. Finch - Kelly, Chisholm
07. Cronk - Kelly, Finch
08. Tolman
09. Smith
10. White
11. Blair
12. Hoffman
13. Manu

Interchange
14. Hinchliffe
15. Proctor
16. Tandy
17. Kite

With others close to selction for last spot like Bromwich, Lowrie, Cahill, Anderson and Kali.

Noa

First Grade
First time Ive seen it all but confirmed officially.

Lowrie ready to take on world at Storm

BY BRETT KEEBLE
21/10/2009 4:00:00 AM
HE was on the losing side in the NRL grand final, but Parramatta lock Todd Lowrie now wants to help the Melbourne Storm become world club champions.

And unlike any of his Eels teammates that night, Lowrie is in a position to do just that.

In a classic case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em", the former Newcastle Knights and Scone Thoroughbreds junior has confirmed grand final week speculation that he has agreed to terms with the Storm for the next two years.

Less than a fortnight after the Storm washed away his own premiership dreams with a 23-16 victory over the Eels in the title decider, Lowrie was in Melbourne last week to finalise the deal and begin house-hunting.

"I had an inkling in grand final week that that's where I was going to end up," the 26-year-old workhorse said yesterday.

"That was next year at the time so it didn't really affect me at all in the preparation or the game, but it might have seemed a little bit weird from the outside.

"This year was good here, but I'm certainly going to a good club. I think everybody's been waiting for the last couple of years for them to fall over or the end of an era or whatever, but it's a credit to their system and the personnel they've got in place that they just keep producing.

"Next year will basically be the same team that it was in the grand final this year, so there's no reason why we can't be successful again."

Before beginning pre-season training on November 30, Lowrie will be back in Newcastle this month to marry his fiancee, Sally, then enjoy a two-week honeymoon at a secret destination.

But his first goal when he lands at the Storm will be to break into their team to take on Leeds in the World Club Challenge at Elland Road on February 28.

"That's definitely my pre-season aim, and it's good to be able to go down there and have something like that to focus on early in the year," he said.

Lowrie will join Knights winger Luke MacDougall and Dragons utility Chase Stanley as the Storm's major off-season recruits, replacing premiership-winning backs Steve Turner (Bulldogs) and Will Chambers (Queensland rugby union), and forward Matt Cross (Roosters).

There is also a question mark over long-serving lock Dallas Johnson, who is contracted to Melbourne but has been linked to Catalans Dragons next year.

Though the Lowrie deal was "more than likely, but we're still not quite over the line", Storm football manager Frank Ponissi believed Lowrie would be a valuable acquisition to a team relying on the natural progression of some of their premiership-winning under 20s..

"He was very underrated at the Eels, we thought, and he would give us some experience because we've got a very, very young side next year," Ponissi said.

MacDougall will join Melbourne on a one-year, largely incentive-based contract, which Ponissi said was almost finalised.

The Knights will play what's left of Melbourne's senior squad, and the pick of their NSW Cup and under-20 players, in a pre-season trial in Newcastle or the Central Coast on February 20.

Newcastle will then host the reigning premiers in the second NRL round on the weekend of March 19-22.
Meanwhile, the Panthers have signed Parramatta's grand final hooker Kevin Kingston after he was forced out of the club by the salary cap.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ke-on-world-at-storm/1654679.aspx?storypage=0

little_aza

Juniors
well with dj gone now, i'd be thinking it'd be like this:

1. Billy Slater
2. Anthony Quinn
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Adam Blair

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Ryan Tandy
17. Jeff Lima

and then there's forwards like todd lowrie, john kite, etc, who would still look really good in our 17.

only issue with my team is that blair isnt a workhorse like dj..but then again, NO ONE would replace his work..

sheet_ed

Juniors
I personally thing the backs are set subject to Chase Stanley's defence coming up to Bellamy's high Standard:

1. Billy Slater
2. Anthony Quinn
3. Chase Stanley / Dane Chisolm
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk

---
The Pack is a different issue with Manu not available to April May (according to last report I read). My Round 1 pack would be based upon last years form.

8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Adam Blair
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. John Kite / Jesse Bromwich
16. Ryan Tandy
17. Jeff Lima

--------------------------------
I have to be convinced about Todd Lowrie's defence standard - he a workhorse but not a Dallas's level. He let Cronk through a simple play in the GF.

I predict the following could also occur:

1. Anthony Quinn may not return to form. Bronx Goodwin or Matt Duffie to get the nod.
2. Gareth Widdop to be on the bench toward the mid-end of the year to replace Finch 2011.
3. Also I expect Smith to possibly move to Lock and Hunchcliffe move to Hooker.

Noises are that Chambers wants out of the Reds and with Dallas gone we may be able to accomodate.

Latest posts