What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Newcastle Knights v South Sydney, Monday 7pm (EST), EnergyAustralia Stadium
The Adjudicator says: "How many more seasons has Jason Taylor got at the Bunnies- I'm still waiting for Russel Crowe to take over. It will surely take a gladiator performance to get the Rabbitohs out of Newcastle alive. I have always admired the array of reasons that NRL coaches can provide for losing a rugby league game. But Jason Taylor – ever the optimist – is surely running the well dry!
Knights look the goods here; the Rabbits are making less ground than my nephew's rocking horse."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from. Thats what we all want to know when is he going with the boot or without the boot!
Source www.Foxsports.com.au:

Dogmatix

Juniors
Beau Champion has been dropped for Ben Lowe in the centres it seems. That is another poor selection from JT. It is time for him to go

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Again on the footy show last night Gould asked Crocker whats going on at Souths. I think he knows something and is keeping it to himself he said later on when questioned about Coaching again he said if he did it would be at club level? (Maybe he will take over from Taylor stranger things have happened!

hunters

Juniors
However, i should say i don't blame him. Poor bloke is a second rower that has been thrown into the wrong position by a desperate coach.

Sugar

Bench
However, i should say i don't blame him. Poor bloke is a second rower that has been thrown into the wrong position by a desperate coach.
One of JT"s tactical coaching ploys Playing guys out of position.
The guy is to stubborn to realise his mistakes and change them
Instead rolling out the same lame ass excuses every week

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
After the half time talk it was pretty obvious that one Coach new how to turn his side around the other never had a clue how to advise them, Disgraceful I hope he doesn't last the week out bring on Lang did you see him in the crowd!

Dogmatix

Juniors
Yep Mad Dog had a great night out making 174 metres. Ben Lowe was back pedalling as soon as the Mad Dog got the ball and in most cases it was up to the Mad Dog to catch up with Ben

Will be interesting to see who plays right wing next week opposite Tuiaki

ironmandreamer

Juniors
Ask yourself these two questions.

1. Do you think Jason Taylor attracts top class footballers to the club?
2. Do you think Jason Taylor can coach Souths to a Premiership?

If you answered no to either of these questions he's got to go.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
1x1.gif

Poll Results

Thanks for voting, here are the results so far:
Should South Sydney's Jason Taylor be the first NRL coach sacked this season?
Yes 63% (424 votes) No 36% (245 votes) Total votes: 669 This poll started on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 Source Daily Telegraph today

Dave Q

Coach
I dont want to sound difficult, but compared to the players, Taylor is on fire.

What coach teaches laziness around the ruck?

What coach teaches backsliding defence?

What coach says that a 60 minute effort is enough to get through?

People are now walking around saying we wont win another game this year and are spoon contenders.

How about missing easy tackles?

Does the coach say throw stupid passes and kick out on the full?

Basic, boneheaded under 18's passing seems like its univesity level physics to some of them.

The players, especially most of these imposters who call themselves forwards, need to learn to play well under pressure.

None of the club's insiders are blaming Taylor. Theres a reason for that and its called lack of committment by some of the players.

The good news is that theres only a few who are really shirking.

Swing the axe JT.

Thats not to say I like his game plans, but we would have more of a hope if the players could actually understand and jag one in.

At the moment, my cat has greater prospects of communicating with Michael Jackson at a seance than our side has of doing half of what they asked to do.

JT's last season next year, even with the slackers we call players, his chances of renewall are looking slim. Still, look at what Elliot has done with the lacklustre understrength Panthers. They were a bee's whisker away from chopping him too.

As per usual lads, same old story here at Southsworld, we are holding our breath now as we head for the plunge to the bottom of the table. Same fugging old.

A lot of our players deserve a good old fashioned spray.

Its good for them to cop some and on the weekend, if they stuff around, they will cop a sideline blast from me they will never forget. The whole team will be arrested for my murder. Those of you at home will get to see my head in row 20, torso in row 4 etc etc. "I knew that guy" will be a slight distraction from the business of losing which will be at hand.

Pride in the jersey or a trip under a bus with JT at the wheel.

Its their call.

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I dont want to sound difficult, but compared to the players, Taylor is on fire.

What coach teaches laziness around the ruck?

What coach teaches backsliding defence?

What coach says that a 60 minute effort is enough to get through?

People are now walking around saying we wont win another game this year and are spoon contenders.

How about missing easy tackles?

Does the coach say throw stupid passes and kick out on the full?

Basic, boneheaded under 18's passing seems like its univesity level physics to some of them.

The players, especially most of these imposters who call themselves forwards, need to learn to play well under pressure.

Dave I agree with you but which coach hasn't changed his game plan in 3 seasons.
Which coach in 3 seasons hasn't fixed the problem which just carries over from season to season.
Which Coach fails to wield the axe to these lazy individuals, it all comes back to Taylor he has failed us as well as the players who give it their all every week

Ike E Bear

Juniors
It's a Catch-22.

The coach can't run out onto the field and make the tackles and set up the tries ... but at the end of the day they are the boss and they are personally responsible for the team's performance.

If players aren't putting in, it's up to the coach to address it. Fix up the rot or drop the culprits. Inspire them or scare the crap out of them ... just don't tolerate mediocrity.

The coach has a big role in the recruitment and retention of players. If he doesn't have the cattle he thinks he needs to win ... he shares the blame for that too. Injury can be a bit of a cruel blow here, but it's still up to the coach to have a good plan B (why did it take so long to realise that it made more sense for Capewell to play in his natural halves position in lower grades than to be forced uncomfortably into the crucial fullback role in first grade).

Ultimately it's up to the players to play well, but if they don't the coach MUST take action.

That said, as frustrasting a statement it is, when JT said the Bunnies "aren't too far off the pace" he isn't completely full of crap. The Bunnies competed strongly against NRL heavyweights the Storm and started the better team against a strong Newcastle outfit in Newy. These were dramatic improvements on the previous efforts against the Cowboys, Raiders, Eels (lucky to get the draw) and Tigers (lucky to win).

I think Luke Stuart to the second row was a good, positive move by Taylor. Moving Lowe to centre, while it may have improved the defence on that side a little, is a very conservative - arguably negative - move. Constantly playing guys out of position in general (Capewell, Simpson, Wing, Lowe and arguably Sutton) is just rubbish.

I don't like the idea of sacking coaches at all, but I worry when it sounds like JT is comfortable in the knowledge that he has good support from within. He can't just wash his hands of the on-field performances.

Latest posts