What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Dave PSI

Juniors
I think that some of players that are playing like nuff nuffs may not be giving their best because the coach a) doesnt know how to get it out of them or b) isnt able to instruct them the right way.

We killed it in the begining of the year and now we are a shadow of that team.. steadly since we made the eight it has been a real contrast from us.. we have definetly improved our squad but playing wise slowly becoming worse and worse..

JT has had everything from an awesome coaching support staff, strong support from management, state of the art training facilities, topline rep players in Wing, Crocker, Sutton, Stuart, Asotasi, Luke and to an extend in Talanoa in the last world cup. Last years Winger of the year in Best and 2006 leading try scorer and a player on the cusp of origin in Merritt.... he has EVERYTHING a coach can ask for and in the end he still cant get our players to stop making silly mistakes and in fact our team that needs to play with flare now plays in dull boring routines (seems that JT's organisation has really rubbed off on our playing style)...

It's hard to say wether our playing ranks are weak.. Look at Buddy.. he couldnt make firsts with us but is a usual bench player now with the Dogs who are coming second.. George Ndaira and Ben Rodgers are also doing it at Newcastle...

Is it our playing roster (do we keep blaming our players) or do we finally say okay maybe it is our coach again..

When does it comes to a point were we say.. four years and all JT has given us is one top 8 birth...

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I think that some of players that are playing like nuff nuffs may not be giving their best because the coach a) doesnt know how to get it out of them or b) isnt able to instruct them the right way.

We killed it in the begining of the year and now we are a shadow of that team.. steadly since we made the eight it has been a real contrast from us.. we have definetly improved our squad but playing wise slowly becoming worse and worse..

JT has had everything from an awesome coaching support staff, strong support from management, state of the art training facilities, topline rep players in Wing, Crocker, Sutton, Stuart, Asotasi, Luke and to an extend in Talanoa in the last world cup. Last years Winger of the year in Best and 2006 leading try scorer and a player on the cusp of origin in Merritt.... he has EVERYTHING a coach can ask for and in the end he still cant get our players to stop making silly mistakes and in fact our team that needs to play with flare now plays in dull boring routines (seems that JT's organisation has really rubbed off on our playing style)...

It's hard to say wether our playing ranks are weak.. Look at Buddy.. he couldnt make firsts with us but is a usual bench player now with the Dogs who are coming second.. George Ndaira and Ben Rodgers are also doing it at Newcastle...

Is it our playing roster (do we keep blaming our players) or do we finally say okay maybe it is our coach again..

When does it comes to a point were we say.. four years and all JT has given us is one top 8 birth...
If we don't shape up this week & lets face it in 2007 the Storm were lucky to beat us on both occassions so we know we can beat them, but we have slipped badly since then with the intake of better cattle the team has not improved it Should be the last throw of the dice for Taylor and a new or caretaker coach brought in immediately!

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Lol I doubt it although I do feel that we need a change as head coach like everyone else. We have nothing to lose and I can't wait. I have a good feeling about this week.
So have I AM we've shown that we can beat them in 2007 they beat us twice but were lucky but 2 yrs down the track we are playing the same football 1 up then turn the ball inside it's so predictable no variation (JT's coaching no doubt) but Wingy might change a few things I honestly would make him Captain he leads by example and is a Souths Junior Aso has lost it.

Last edited:

Coastbloke

Bench
Souths should try to get Brian Noble from England...

There was talk of him assisting Fittler at the Roosters...

ironmandreamer

Juniors
I've just read this forum that has me scratching my head. To a man (and woman) you all agree that Taylor can't coach. He doesn't have the game plan, he doesn't react to opposing coach's tactics when necessary, and he clearly fails to motivate his own players.

Now I've heard Taylor has advised Mark Ellison his services won't be required in 2010 whilst he is questioning and second guessing Gordon Tallis. To me this is a clear case of trying to blame his support staff for his shortcommings.

Craig Coleman may or may not have been a good coach, we'll never know because he never had the players Taylor has at his disposal and we got rid of him so why should Taylor be bullit proof or allowed to get ride of good support staff as scapegoats for his deficiencies.

One thing to be noted. Taylor may be a great Assistant Coach. He may be an invaluable help to a Head Coach but a Head Coach has to have personality be it animated or dead-pan, and able to motivate and nurse-maid at the same time. Taylor doesn't have these qualities.

I'd like to see a proven NRL performer as coach but if not Mark Ellison has shown every bit as much, no more, than Taylor ever did as a lower grade, Junior Rep and Assistant Coach and let's give him a chance.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I've just read this forum that has me scratching my head. To a man (and woman) you all agree that Taylor can't coach. He doesn't have the game plan, he doesn't react to opposing coach's tactics when necessary, and he clearly fails to motivate his own players.

Now I've heard Taylor has advised Mark Ellison his services won't be required in 2010 whilst he is questioning and second guessing Gordon Tallis. To me this is a clear case of trying to blame his support staff for his shortcommings.

Craig Coleman may or may not have been a good coach, we'll never know because he never had the players Taylor has at his disposal and we got rid of him so why should Taylor be bullit proof or allowed to get ride of good support staff as scapegoats for his deficiencies.

One thing to be noted. Taylor may be a great Assistant Coach. He may be an invaluable help to a Head Coach but a Head Coach has to have personality be it animated or dead-pan, and able to motivate and nurse-maid at the same time. Taylor doesn't have these qualities.

I'd like to see a proven NRL performer as coach but if not Mark Ellison has shown every bit as much, no more, than Taylor ever did as a lower grade, Junior Rep and Assistant Coach and let's give him a chance.
Agree but we need a high profile coach that the players will look up to & respect get rid of Taylor and lets see what is available we know Lang Murray & Lazarus are available but who else, not that Pommie Noble!

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I see in B & B column this morning that Taylor is holidaying in FIJI you would think he would be home rolling tapes of Knights matches trying to work out a game plan to beat them he's getting paid to coach not holiday that comes at seasons end.

Nickmm

Juniors
I see in B & B column this morning that Taylor is holidaying in FIJI you would think he would be home rolling tapes of Knights matches trying to work out a game plan to beat them he's getting paid to coach not holiday that comes at seasons end.

thats very strange to me, He gets plenty of holiday time at seasons end so why would he go now unless he is been told to go and think about his future. Or does he believe that we will make the Grand Final and not have enough time to holiday later?

coach

Our poor coach is feeling the stress. At least he didn't do a Freddie Fittler.

As for Slackboy72 question as to who replaces Taylor. That is a very good question.

Two names come to mind, former NRL coaches Graham Murray and John Lang who is presently involved with the club. Both had some success. But my thought is that they are passed there used by date as coaches.

A few years back I suggested Souths sign John Cartwright as coach. They should have listened.

Sugar

Bench
Our poor coach is feeling the stress. At least he didn't do a Freddie Fittler.

As for Slackboy72 question as to who replaces Taylor. That is a very good question.

Two names come to mind, former NRL coaches Graham Murray and John Lang who is presently involved with the club. Both had some success. But my thought is that they are passed there used by date as coaches.

A few years back I suggested Souths sign John Cartwright as coach. They should have listened.
Cartwright hates Souths with a passion,He was quoted last year to a Souths fan in a GC pub "Souths should be booted again,they never should have been let back in"

boo_boo

Juniors
Cartwright was pro Super League.
And is probably still getting paid by them as well.
We all know where his loyalty lies.

johnkelley

Juniors
You have Lang, Murray, Dymock, Mullholland, Sharpe, Lazarus, Lamb & Kearney who I would think would prefer to come to us with all his Kiwi mates than the Rorters

Hey Appin,

I hadn't considered Jim Dymock before you mentioned him but you may well have an option there

I'm prepared to give JT till the end of the season, but if his results fail to measure up then JD could sit well with me as a replacement.

Latest posts