What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

coolumsharkie

Referee
Taylors post match comments says it all...

"It was a game where we just couldn't get on top of things and everything went againsts us" blah blah blah

I hope you guys push hard for a change of coach, Taylor is terrible.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I am not sure that Jason Taylor knows the meaning of playing attacking football. This is his third season as Souths coach and lets take a look at our try scoring record.

2007 71 tries 16th
2008 80 14th
2009 41 8th

Interesting stat is that we averaging 3.6 tries per game this season. But if you take out the 9 tries we scored against the Roosters in R.1 then the average drops to 3.1.
Coach well done those stats you've got there highlite that Taylor hasn't improved us one iota even with new personel (Asotasi, Kidwell, Best, Luke,Sandow,Wing and now Crocker) have you got the stats when Bomber coached us it would be interesting to compare both of them.

coach

Coach well done those stats you've got there highlite that Taylor hasn't improved us one iota even with new personel (Asotasi, Kidwell, Best, Luke,Sandow,Wing and now Crocker) have you got the stats when Bomber coached us it would be interesting to compare both of them.

We didn't have a great team during Shauns 2 years as coach. Jason has a much better lineup, at least on paper anyway. So it can be a little unfair to compare.

But here is his stats

2005 84 tries (ave 3.5) 11th in the NRL
2006 80 tries (ave 3.3) 14th

It shows that even after 3 years of coaching Souths and with supposedly a higher class of player our attack under Taylor is not a whole lot better then under McRaes.

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
We didn't have a great team during Shauns 2 years as coach. Jason has a much better lineup, at least on paper anyway. So it can be a little unfair to compare.

But here is his stats

2005 84 tries 11th in the NRL
2006 80 tries 14th

2005 84 tries 11th -McRae
2006 80 tries 14th - Mcrae

2007 71 tries Top 8 - Taylor
2008 80 Tries 14th - Taylor
2009 41 tries 8th - Taylor

Thats what I'm saying our stats were much better under McRae when you look back at the cattle he had to work with compared to the troups that Taylor has Bomber has a better average under Taylor we have gone backwards in attack. (In 2007 Coach we made the top 8)

Last edited:

coach

Thats what I'm saying our stats were much better under McRae when you look back at the cattle he had to work with compared to the troups that Taylor has Bomber has a better average under Taylor we have gone backwards in attack. (In 2007 Coach we made the top 8)

Making the eight in 2007 is just a memory now. After that we thought premiership #21 was not far away.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Making the eight in 2007 is just a memory now. After that we thought premiership #21 was not far away.
Yes it's a kick in the arse to all of us so Let's hope something is done about it quickly we cannot afford another loss.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Taylors post match comments says it all...

"It was a game where we just couldn't get on top of things and everything went againsts us" blah blah blah

I hope you guys push hard for a change of coach, Taylor is terrible.
Disgraceful Comments like that will only help bury him.

Earl Hickey

Juniors
EH if you picked the team would you have Capewell at Fullback! Is he a better fullback than Merrit or Talanoa (Answer NO).

Talanoa would be nowhere near the number one guernsey if I was the coach.He was played there last year and I can tell you that he was alot worse than Capewell.

Capewell would actually be my second choice halfback and my third choice five eight.

African Monkey

First Grade
Yeah I remember Talanoa against Brisbane at fullback last year and he didn't look like he was even trying. Keep him on the wing.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
It shows that even after 3 years of coaching Souths and with supposedly a higher class of player our attack under Taylor is not a whole lot better then under McRaes.[/QUOTE] Yes Coach exactly now on the footy show last Thursday Gus said whats going on at Souths & he said the same on the sunday Roast so I think he knows something he is just trying to confirm it what do you and the rest of the boys think.

Hanscholo

Bench
taylor has always been conservative. Same as his old Norths sides. The way the game is played these days, you cant afford to be worried about beating yourself, because if you do, then you will beat yourself.

Bunnies 08

Juniors

I agree with everyone's comments and have gone from a Taylor fan to thinking he needs to step aside, HOWEVER i think it's wrong to use these stats as a indication...I think that with the MACRAE years we lost alot of games by fifty or so meaning that sides tend to turn off in defence when there in front by that much...Like to know how many of those tries were scored in the dying minutes when the game is gone...Which also works against TAYLOR now, we are specials for scoring last when the game is over even to this day!!!

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I agree with everyone's comments and have gone from a Taylor fan to thinking he needs to step aside, HOWEVER i think it's wrong to use these stats as a indication...I think that with the MACRAE years we lost alot of games by fifty or so meaning that sides tend to turn off in defence when there in front by that much...Like to know how many of those tries were scored in the dying minutes when the game is gone...Which also works against TAYLOR now, we are specials for scoring last when the game is over even to this day!!!
Stats don't lie

boo_boo

Juniors
So Appin Rabbit, do you agree with the manner in which Shaun McRae was treated with when JT became Head Coach.
Cause i certainly didn't & i dont believe that he (JT) should suffer the same treatment.
Hire a new coach by all means but let's be professional about it is all i'm saying.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
So Appin Rabbit, do you agree with the manner in which Shaun McRae was treated with when JT became Head Coach.
Cause i certainly didn't & i dont believe that he (JT) should suffer the same treatment.
Hire a new coach by all means but let's be professional about it is all i'm saying.
McRae was paid out & got a seasons pay for SFA now if you weren't doing your job where you work I don't know what type of work you do & was not getting on with the rest of the work force I would say that the powers to be in your company would say BOO BOO we have decided to let you go so (D.C.M) Don't Come Monday & that would be fare enough & that's the way I see it with JT remember that old saying good guys finish second best to run a business you have to call the shots as you see them otherwise you will finish up in the hands of the receivers and we don't want that for Souths do we.

boo_boo

Juniors
Bomber was definately paid out which probably included a clause that he remained silent.
The club treated him like dirt so you believe what you want.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Bomber was definately paid out which probably included a clause that he remained silent.
The club treated him like dirt so you believe what you want.
Cause he was paid out when you finish someone up you pay them out with all their entitlements thats the law so he got a free 12 months fully paid holiday whats wrong with that.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
f**k off you sh*t stirring wanker.
Fein old mate I read your Biography on Boo Hoo I am starting to see your point he seems very thick & doesn't understand anything a bit of a Dumbo. He can't seem to understand if you have a problem fix the problem (JT) quickly before you end up with a bigger problem and in deep sh*t.