What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time!!

Freak2

Juniors
For those that think Tim Smith should walk back into this side - Think again!!

I'm calling for JT to bring in the best junior player our club has had in the last 10 years.

Blake Green.

IMO Blake should have had an opportunity by now in 1st grade but has had to wait in the wings of first Tim Smith and then Jeremy Smith.

His form has been exceptional in prems and now being halfway through the season playing at home against a Melbourne side without 4 SOO players and Billy Slater.

It quite simply is the perfect time!

I so hope I'm right and JT rewards this kid with his just deserves!!

Utey

Coach
Id be very tempted to give him a go! Been a big fan of his but always thought he would never play FG here.

Utey

Coach
His 21, too old for Flegg. Had to deal with a positional change from 1/2 to 5/8 which dented any chance of making a huge impact. I think he is picking up some form atm and this year he has looked good in Prems. But Iam sure he would be look for a FG opportunity. Maybe Hagan doesnt see a future in him?

Parraren

Bench
Tim Smith will be picked. End of story.

JT pretty much said it in an interview on radio yesterday.

Kornstar

Coach
He is actually still elligible for Flegg, he is still 19, turns 20 in September, i believe he will almost be elligible for Flegg next year too!!

I think he is a more complete player than Tim, he has the potential to be something huge, except the fact is that Tim has played really well the last 2 games and has earnt his way back into the squad.

If i were JT i would have for this week

6.Green
7.Timmy
9.PJ
11.Riddell

14.Morris

If Parra do not get Lyon i really hope they throw everything at Green to stay next year to partner Timmy.......he is seriously one player that if we let go could come back and bite us.......IMO

Utey

Coach
I thought he was much older but I just realised he played with my mate whose 19-20.

Cheers. I like the combination of Green and Smith.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It looks like he's gone anyway, why use him.

If he was that good, why hasn't he been blooded? doesn't make sense really.

Kornstar

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
It looks like he's gone anyway, why use him.

If he was that good, why hasn't he been blooded? doesn't make sense really.

2 words - Brian Smith

2 more words - Ben Kusto

Do you see where i am going with this?

MrT

Juniors
I believe it's a disgrace that we're not keeping him. He's one of our juniors and has a lot of potential. It's not like we have representative halves. If Lyon doesn't sign, what then?

Kornstar

Coach
MrT said:
I believe it's a disgrace that we're not keeping him. He's one of our juniors and has a lot of potential. It's not like we have representative halves. If Lyon doesn't sign, what then?

That is my biggest fear to tell you the truth......

Stagger eel

Staff member
Blake's a great ball runner but doesn't have the vision and skill of Tim just yet, I have seen alot of Blake and I can honestly say that his not the answer imo.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Blake's a great ball runner but doesn't have the vision and skill of Tim just yet, I have seen alot of Blake and I can honestly say that his not the answer imo.

You see i happen to think that the answer is Tim/Blake in the halves together. Tim can control and Blake can run, he has a knack for single handedly scoring tries out of nothing, Timmy needs someone like that to partner him. Morris just doesn't have that X-Factor.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
You see i happen to think that the answer is Tim/Blake in the halves together. Tim can control and Blake can run, he has a knack for single handedly scoring tries out of nothing, Timmy needs someone like that to partner him. Morris just doesn't have that X-Factor.

you're right, John is not an x-factor but Blake isn't either, I actually think we may be disadvantaged having 2 small blokes in the defensive line, i'm not convinced that they should play in the same side in firstgrade.

Bazal

Post Whore
eelavation said:
you're right, John is not an x-factor but Blake isn't either, I actually think we may be disadvantaged having 2 small blokes in the defensive line, i'm not convinced that they should play in the same side in firstgrade.

Well if ever there were a time to experiment with it it's now. The finals are out of reach, our season is gone, why not blood the kid and see what he can do? It won't do any harm and we might just unearth a superstar. He sure as heck has the talent to make it in the top grade. And Green isn't that small, at 178cm and 91kg he is marginally bigger than John Morris at 180cm and 90kg.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
depends if he is going to stay

if he has signed with some one else, there's no point in giving him a run in first grade imo

Latest posts