What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

And yet Nathan extended his contract AFTER his dad got the sack. He's a smart kid who knows he wouldn't have played 1st grade until 2020 if his dad was still here. We don't lose players we want to keep since Gus took over.

Sigurd

Juniors
We need a new coach and we need a halfback. The Cleary's fit the bill.
It was widely reported that Cleary the halfback resigned with Penrith after Cleary the coach was sacked and there was no clause in the contract.

Even if Cleary the coach comes on board his son won't be following him anytime soon.

Sigurd

Juniors
I remember Wayne Bennett endorsed Young as a future head coach in the NRL. Based on Bennett's track record of recommending coaches I think Young should never be let near a coaching position at the Dragons ever.
He and Hornby may well turn out to be great coaches but as several others have said, they need to get away from the Dragons and serve an apprenticeship elsewhere.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
And yet Nathan extended his contract AFTER his dad got the sack. He's a smart kid who knows he wouldn't have played 1st grade until 2020 if his dad was still here. We don't lose players we want to keep since Gus took over.
still won't win a premiership.

SBD82

Coach
It was widely reported that Cleary the halfback resigned with Penrith after Cleary the coach was sacked and there was no clause in the contract.

Even if Cleary the coach comes on board his son won't be following him anytime soon.
It's ok. As long as we have Widdop in the halves we will be fine.

Zucchini

Juniors
Sorry to be a wet nappy here but it kind of shows how bad things are at the club at the moment that we are so excited at the prospect of signing a coach who's yet to even win a premiership.

I think it's definitely a step in the right direction (if true) but not convinced that Cleary is the messiah just yet.

I agree. I want McGregor gone as much as the next person but I'm not convinced Cleary is the answer. I think Toovey is the man we need. But it doesn't matter much who we want, it's who is prepared to board this sinking ship. And that presents the other issue, what does it say about someone who would be prepare to come? Don't we want someone a little more discerning?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hornby and Young should go to England. I think they will learn heaps and potentially return to NRL better than Maguire and Robinson. Why because they won a comp as players in a team that was the benchmark at the time, not sure about Maguire and Robbo winning a comp as players.

Please let this come off. Linked with Norman, Hayne, Etc yet this is the one I want to come off.

Cleary did not win a comp as coach but he came bloody close. And with a Warriors team that has never got to a final before.

These people wanting Toovey, he left Manly is a bad state, the players were glad to see the back of him and he looks like a psycho who will lose the dressing room quicker than Mary did.

Pjsaint

Juniors
Saw it too ..great news think it will happen ...has to really after such bad years since we won comp...hope he brings his son with him...things starting to look up ..at dragons..he will attract player as well as give our juniors a go so they don't go elsewhere:clock1130::thumbsup::thumbsup::rugby_football::rugby_football:
Are you sure you want a coach who left the Warriors early and was sacked by Penrith

Morotti

Juniors
Not so sure about Cleary. But really not sure what else is out there. Is there any decent ESL coaches that would want a crack at NRL? Tony Smith? he seems to have a lot of good experience. And has he been linked to us before?

hazzbeen

Bench
Not so sure about Cleary. But really not sure what else is out there. Is there any decent ESL coaches that would want a crack at NRL? Tony Smith? he seems to have a lot of good experience. And has he been linked to us before?
For me Cleary will be a upgrade from Mary .... Cant go with him again and if Cleary is the only coach we can get Then it is..

Latest posts