What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Rightio, I'm on my high horse tonight.

For the umpteenth Friday Night in a row, I have watched a quality performance from a quality team (or usually two teams).

If any club has any reason to be running 12th or lower, it is the Bulldogs, with what they have been through over the past several years. I know much of it is self inflicted, but nevertheless, it is crapo they have had to deal with......and deal with they have.
They are currently leading the competition.

ON THE OTHER HAND, WE HAVE THE EELS.
Well spare me. We have had some injury problems.
Boo f***ing hoo.
Tell me a team that hasn't.

From Bookies favourites in 2001, to has beens in 2002, and non events in 2003 and 2004 is just the lowest of all lows as far as I am concerned.

It is the way it has happened, and the general acceptance by many supporters that has concerned me most.

Week after week, I sit at home and watch quality Friday Night Football.
Parra were given the chance on Fiday nights in 2002, and once again, given more than their chance in 2003, but week after week we were embarressed to the point where it was questioned in the media that our reputation was far preceeding us. Indeed it was.
Since then, we have managed to snag games that were potentially drawcards but ultimately disappointments. From then, we are lucky to be considered.

So, from potential Premiers to Spoon contenders within three years. :roll:
And there are still defenders of these performances on this board.

We have the core of the management/coaching team still on board that were here in 2001. They brought us the goods in 2001, but have brought us diminishing joy thereafter. 3 YEARS.
There has been a Roundabout of players coming and going, all at Brian Smiths choice, and still no improvement seems forthcoming.

Week after week, I see former EELS starring for their newly chosen team.

I have asked myself long and hard why is it that Hodgson, who is playing quite well for the Wests Tigers, was such a dud for us last year. I have asked the same question about Schifcofske, Ryan, (who I was more than happy to see go) Tonga, PJ Marsh, Ian Hindmarsh, Donald, and others.
I ask the question now, WHY VELLA is so lame, after having represented Australia and NSW just two seasons ago.
I ask myself why it is that we play such inept attacking football. Why do people suggest that we do not play with spirit, or toughness, or energy or enthusiasm, as compared with these teams that I see week after week on Friday Nights?

We are just a shadow of our potential former abilities.

OUR COACH HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS. IT IS SO F***ING OBVIOUS IT IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOOKING FOR EXCUSES. AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF READING PEOPLE'S EXCUSES.

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ARSE WHETHER HE HAS GONE OUT AND BOUGHT THE KANGAROOS, HE HAS TO GO.

UNTIL I SEE THE SORT OF RUGBY LEAGUE I EXPECT TO SEE FROM AN EELS TEAM, THE SAME EELS TEAM THAT I GREW UP KNOWING TO BE FIGHTERS, I WILL STRUGGLE TO PUT MY HEART INTO FOLLOWING THEM.
IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT.

BUT AS THE TITLE SAYS...........I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

I WANT TO SEE THE EELS WINNING FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAMES AGAIN.....................

Suity :x :x

Penrith went from Wooden spoon to premiers in 2 years mate, it's just the way it is now with the salary cap, you need to bring in juniors, we let all ours go.

I'll give u the reasoms Suity

We have signed and Kept players like:

Hopkins
Burt
Graham
Stapleton
Vella

All f**king average, yet loved by so many groupie supporters and coach that its not funny. We have to get rid of the f**king shit that is infesting our team. We are settling for 2nd best.

Another reason is because Our coach has a tendency to over coach, which just confuses our players to the point where they dont know what to do. Players need to play there natural game. But at Parra they just get confused more and doubt themselves. Hate to say it but Look at the Doggiescum they all play to there natural game and they look like they are enjoying there footy, At parra its more like a job.

This all comes down to the coach and his Million assistants who have bought the wrong players and let go the wrong players.

Suitman

Post Whore
parra-matters said:
Penrith went from Wooden spoon to premiers in 2 years mate, it's just the way it is now with the salary cap, you need to bring in juniors, we let all ours go.

Its not just that. You need to buy smart as well.So what does that tell us??

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
I'll give u the reasoms Suity

We have signed and Kept players like:

Hopkins
Burt
Graham
Stapleton
Vella

All f***ing average, yet loved by so many groupie supporters and coach that its not funny. We have to get rid of the f***ing sh*t that is infesting our team. We are settling for 2nd best.

Another reason is because Our coach has a tendency to over coach, which just confuses our players to the point where they dont know what to do. Players need to play there natural game. But at Parra they just get confused more and doubt themselves. Hate to say it but Look at the Doggiescum they all play to there natural game and they look like they are enjoying there footy, At parra its more like a job.

This all comes down to the coach and his Million assistants who have bought the wrong players and let go the wrong players.

Jake......................... I REST MY CASE.

Suity

Suitman said:
parra-matters said:

Suity
Hard to buy smart when you sign up players like Vella on hindmarsh like money when he is only half the player.
Makes the $ left under the cap harder to juggle
in Fact Ryan left for less money then we offered him some maybe it is just mismanagement.

I mean how do u justify signing Burt and Graham for another 2 f**king years??????

Training well and being good Club men does not cut it with me, You have to atleast to be able to f**king tackle :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Suitman

Post Whore
parra-matters said:
Suitman said:
parra-matters said:

Suity
Hard to buy smart when you sign up players like Vella on hindmarsh like money when he is only half the player.
Makes the $ left under the cap harder to juggle
in Fact Ryan left for less money then we offered him some maybe it is just mismanagement.

Mismanagement eh??

Wish I'd said that. ;-)

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
I mean how do u justify signing Burt and Graham for another 2 f***ing years??????

Training well and being good Club men does not cut it with me, You have to atleast to be able to f***ing tackle :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Jake - I wish you were coach.

I'm sick of the "love me do" attitude at the club.
I agree regarding Burt.
He's done f**k-all for the past two years. But he is all the girls favourite. So we have to keep him. I asked the question the other day......."When was the last time Luke Burt made his own line break or try........answer?...............there wasn't an answer. He can't.
So why friggin' keep him????????
Not only is Smith to blame for this, but Fitzgerald for supporting it.

Suity

Thormann
Pearson
Stapleton
Hopkins
Muspratt
Langi
Peek

Are all going next year u would think they would be in reserve grade, Nooo they are the 1st ones Picked. What does that say to the Juniors coming through. No wonder why there is so much confusion and so much talent going missing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Thorman and Hopkins are the only two I think have some heart.
I've seen them give it their all a few times this year.

The rest............how much can we get for them??

Suity

Sad thing is I think we will Lose Hindmarsh Next year. Its simple, A club will come and Ask "Nathan do u want to win a competition? then come play with Us."

Thats what the Bulldogs said to Ryan and Tonga.

Suitman

Post Whore
No, but its more than the others have shown us.
I know i am clutching at straws, but........the others you named are worse.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Suity you make alot of sense, and i think you echo the thoughts of the majority of true Eel's fan.

Change is good!!!, change is the inevitable, why doesn't it apply to Parra.

Sitting down and watching Ryan, Hindmarsh, Hodgson, Hodgson, Tonga makes myblood boil........what's even worse is that they were replaced with??>.....wait for it......

- Hopkins
-Widders
-Peek
-Moi Moi
-Muspratt
-Muckett

They may be ok now & then??.......but they are nothing in the talent & consistency department compared to the majority of ex Eel's running around.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
HA HA Jake.

I was fortunate in the fact that i was in the right place at the right time to take the exclusive shot :lol:

strider

Post Whore
I'll add my 2 cents....

- WE SUCK.....BAD......although it is a confidence thing - we stuck it to the Roosters one week, then went MIA since.....I don't know how the boys can get their confidence back.

- its very disheartening to watch the likes of Ryan and Tonga do well at other clubs.

- no use crying over guys like Vella being on big money - he earnt it when he signed the contract.

- I also am amazed the Doggies can continue to be successful with all that has happened.....altho the Salary cap thing only really hurt them the year it happened (2002) - they have survived by playing bonuses since......but their club obviously has some strength to it to survive all that has happened - all be it immoral strength.

- we also had a bad event tho.....I didn't believe it at the time, but the 2001 GF loss really kncked us about.....that was our chance - that was when we peaked after building up from '99 and 2000....we let the chance slip by and have payed the price ever since.

- I also don't believe the instability from the fan base has helped.....lots of out-cry, spiralling crowds - understandable, but it still doesn't help when the confidence level is already low

But at the end of teh day we can only hope the new signings might help us turn the corner next year :cry: ......we are all sick of losing - but we've just gotta hope things will turn around

Your spot on 2001 was the make or break. If we won that night things would have turned out much differently. Confidence would be up etc etc etc. But because we lost heads went down and mentally we were f**ked. The player cleanout came too late for mine.

Next year is the start of our next campaign to win the GF, although it will be hard to win one without a good halfback. Unless the youngsters can step up Tim Smith, Witt, Blake green.

In the end its the player attitude at every game that will win them the game. If the player is Mentally ready and wants to win the game they will win. Its the coaches job to instill this in the players. Not drawring on a whiteboard before they run out.