What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

Eelectrica

Referee
Eelementary said:
The issue as it stands is that he has no idea what to do anymore NOW - for the past 2 years (I'll be bold and say that while we under-achieved in 2002, at least we finished 6th).

It's bizare, last year we had a pretty good record against most teams, we just couldn't beat any top 4 teams. This year we have 2 wins over top 4 teams.

The only difference between us and a genuine top 4 team is that the top teams rise to the occasion every single time. We do it once ever few weeks. Ultimately that comes down to team attitude and attitude is instilled by the coaching staff.

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelectrica said:
Eelementary said:
The issue as it stands is that he has no idea what to do anymore NOW - for the past 2 years (I'll be bold and say that while we under-achieved in 2002, at least we finished 6th).

It's bizare, last year we had a pretty good record against most teams, we just couldn't beat any top 4 teams. This year we have 2 wins over top 4 teams.

The only difference between us and a genuine top 4 team is that the top teams rise to the occasion every single time. We do it once ever few weeks. Ultimately that comes down to team attitude and attitude is instilled by the coaching staff.

That sums up much of what is wrong.

And the boss of that coaching staff is..............................

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Signing off.............Suity

bartman

Immortal
Yep, agree to all. The coaching staff need to be a "value-added" to the playing staff. They need to develop and nuture talent and develop skills and confidence, while retaining and increasing club depth.

Smith may well have been and done that in the past (up to halfway through 2002?), but if we credit him (more than the players) with the development and golden run to 2001 runners-up, then we must also attribute blame to him (more than the players) for the demise since.

We know what these core senior Parra players are capable of. We can see through on-field performances that the coaching staff can't seem to get the best out of them on a consistent basis anymore. And this isn't just over a four-game period, this is over two and a half seasons now.

There is no "value" being "added" anymore. Injuries happen, other teams seem to cope and cover for injuries or promote young guys who'd handle the temporary step up - we used to be able to do the same. To me, the motivation/inspiration/development of players, and the recruitment/retention of depth in the club all must come back to the coaching staff. Since mid-2002 it's sadly been a downward slide....

After last year's losing season I've said that by mid-2004 we should be looking like a dnager of top 4 (instead of just hoping to slip in the back of the eight) for Brian to remain secure. That hasn't happened, Denis. Shift Brian to a head coach/consultant role or whatever for 2005 to see out his contract. Meanwhile bring another coach in to take charge of first grade for next year. For all players' and fans' sakes. [-o<

Misty Bee

First Grade
Eelementary said:
You know what though?

Last night was the fina straw even for me.

I know where I stand now.

I WANT THAT CANCER SMITH OUT OF THE CLUB I ADORE. And while we're at it, let's sack Fitzy too - his treatment of our legends has been nothing short of disgraceful.

So sayeth a TRUE Eels fan. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Suity, I never questioned where you stood. I'm happy that you are back in the trenches fighting for good!

True EEL

Bench
Suitman said:
Injuries??

Round 1. 2004

Parra = FULL STRENGTH.

Result - arse kicking.

Unreal V said it............... "The coach has got to go".

Suity

preech that stuff louder my brother......what you said puts every other arguement to bed......that should never, never, never have happened and set the tone for the remainder of the year

my mantra for the moment is "its time to go......Brian!!!!!!!!!!"

desidirata

Juniors
well f**k the reason why i haven't been on here in 3 friggen months is because the bullshit is all f**king same whinge whinge whinge 50 million threads about the same god damn thing if you're going to whinge about it at least do in the one thread! well since we don't have the power to fire brian or fitzy we may as well move on and start focusing on the positives. i know i shall get further slander but i like brian. oh no wait... i'm sure you could all do a better job

i am seeing this saga from an outside view, being a knights supporter, parra has a good team, i mean really good, the reason they are at the bottom of the table can only come down to one thing, the coach. and the way he utilises that team.but if he is not going to go anywhere then the team have to deal with that and continue to play their best footy every week, regardless.
this season has been weird, who would have expected, newcastle, parra, sharks and warriors to be out of the top 8 this far into it...just hang in there, support your team and hopefully things will work out next year, thats what i am doing with my team

True EEL

Bench
well said Knight of Knights

and Suity....exactly right, BS is just proving how stubborn he is and that he just stubbornly believes that no matter what....HE is the man for the job and HE can get them out of any rutt and HE can ressurrect any player????

if he was fairdinkum, HE would realise that he has had a good run (for a while) and now its on the slide and he should just move on and give someone else an opportunity???

its getting really old really quick???

Eelectrica

Referee
desidirata said:
well f**k the reason why i haven't been on here in 3 friggen months is because the bullsh*t is all f***ing same whinge whinge whinge 50 million threads about the same god damn thing if you're going to whinge about it at least do in the one thread!

I'd much rather discuss our likely opponent in the Grand final rather than the short comings of our coach. Unfortunatley we're closer to the bottom than we are the top, so discussing our Grand final team and tactics really isn't an option right now.
Our current coach has been here a while so we can't even discuss how our new coach needed time to adjust.