What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

WT Unity

Juniors
I heard on radio over the weekend just gone. Think it was on 2KY (or whatever it is called now) that the Dogs deal was significantly higher in Third Party Agreements organised through Laundy their sponsor. Contract money the same(ish) but TPA's the sweetener. It opens up the old debates again as to the grey area of TPA's supposedly being at arms length from current club sponsors etc.
It would be so easy for a business as wide reaching as the Laundy pub empire to orchestrate a separate entity to provide a TPA.
I'm thinking the journo that was on the show with Ray Thomas was Dean Ritchie. Does he know for sure? Who knows but he sounded pretty confident it was all down to TPA's - Ka Ching!

Tiger05

First Grade
We pulled out of dealings with him at beginning of December, (go back a page or 2) he went there because there was no one left. But good on him.

This isn't a reason not to come to us though. He also signed a contract with us. I don't think it's about us. We were just played by his manager to get a better deal.

Tiger05

First Grade
I heard on radio over the weekend just gone. Think it was on 2KY (or whatever it is called now) that the Dogs deal was significantly higher in Third Party Agreements organised through Laundy their sponsor. Contract money the same(ish) but TPA's the sweetener. It opens up the old debates again as to the grey area of TPA's supposedly being at arms length from current club sponsors etc.
It would be so easy for a business as wide reaching as the Laundy pub empire to orchestrate a separate entity to provide a TPA.
I'm thinking the journo that was on the show with Ray Thomas was Dean Ritchie. Does he know for sure? Who knows but he sounded pretty confident it was all down to TPA's - Ka Ching!

This makes sense. Our fans should stop thinking there is some unknown unclear reason why players don't come to us. It's money.

This makes sense. Our fans should stop thinking there is some unknown unclear reason why players don't come to us. It's money.

That seems to be the main reason.

Like most I was pretty disappointed at missing JAC but given time to think about it I now don't find it too bad. Sure he is the best winger in the comp but that is more based on who he has playing inside him, would he be that good with us, I am not so sure.

If we were getting Munster with JAC as a package that would be different....he'd continue being the best winger because his support play is so good. The brains of the team have done all the hard work and simply set up their wingers....

Now days the only difference between a really good winger and an average winger is who is setting them up. They all seem to be able to fly through the air to get the ball down, it is what led up to that point that is critical. I reckon Remis Smith will have a cracker of a season with the Storm next year, his inside players at the Dogs just didn't seem to set him up but you watch Munster with him.

I think some of our young players will turn out alright. Without stating the obvious Brooks and/or Douehi
need to step up this year, if not, pay the big money for someone of Munsters ability the year after. Munster could make our young backs to really good....geez I am 61 and he'd nearly make me look good hahaha,

If this is my last post before Friday....Merry Christmas Tiger supporters.

I’ve been watching him play for awhile.

Beautiful diagonal ascent as a player.

When he’s not playing, you can tell he’s not a fake. He doesn’t have a big head or is too precious. Doesn’t read his press. He soaks it all up, extremely bright, enjoying his journey.

He just loves playing his rugby league.

It sends shivers down the spine watching him in his element.

I wish all good things for young Munster. It’s great having him in the game.

He’s the best player in the game by a fair margin, and frighteningly, is just getting better!

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure that half of these rumours are started by player management.

Capping player management fees would be a start so they lose the incentive to be dickheads.

Maybe time to cap player salaries as well.,

If you are a young bloke and you can’t break even on say $250k a year plus game related expenses, you’re a mindless f**kwit.

They should try a year as a first year apprentice.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep! But not only money - Particularly the "Dark Art" of TPA money...

Yep. Money under the cap is more valuable because players get ripped off in relation to these TPA's. JAC appears to have been provided a dodgy TPA because the TPA should have nothing at all to do with playing for the Dogs. The same thing happens all the time though and the NRL just lets it go.

I hope all players doing these dodgy deals get ripped off.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/bb85d74d5d28c8c9d9157febe9af6994

Canterbury wield axe to oust chief executive Andrew Hill

JAC might start wondering WTF am I doing:smiley::smiley:

Other reports indicate Hill got a better offer. He wasn’t axed.

But in my view, his tenure was littered with failures.

* No longer have a competitive side.
* Des was wrongly dealt with. Settled with him. They were unnecessarily unkind about him.
* High school controversy. They sacked a junior official as a scapegoat. No one important manned up.
* Belated signings with no genuine relief.
* Pay used as a fill in and never given a proper side. He knew he was entering the gates of hell.

Maybe the highlight was the signing of Trent-but he’s been already been forced to make massive cuts of already underperforming personnel. Way too many choices there. When even Montoya abandons you, the writing is on the locker room wall!

If the Bazster can get them 13th or above in 2021 he will have had a vintage year.

When your forwards are being cut to shreds, belted to oblivion and within an inch of their lives, it doesn’t matter if you have the qld backline.

But they will come good again at some point. Proud club with some good people.

Last edited: