What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Mr Red

First Grade
If he is off contract, and chooses to take an offer from another club....how in the hell is that "Dragons letting him leave"? He is a free agent and can take any offer he wants. Are you proposing Doust offers him stupid money he can't refuse?

, it's about the relaxed attitude towards player negotiations and contracts.
The fact he is off contract and in a position to leave is in fact the club letting him leave as they arent doing their job and having the promising youngsters constantly under contract.
Why let a contract completely expire before engaging in a new deal??

I doubt he would have voluntarily rejected a new deal if one was made, however if your current contract is expiring and the club is yet to make a new offer it's no wonder why a player would look elsewhere to ensure their future and that they have a gig somewhere..

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
Mr Red, tell me, what do you see?

glass-half-full1.jpg

Fingerbang

Bench
The fact he is off contract and in a position to leave is in fact the club letting him leave as they arent doing their job and having the promising youngsters constantly under contract.

I doubt he would have voluntarily rejected a new deal if one was made, however if your current contract is expiring and the club is yet to make a new offer it's no wonder why a player would look elsewhere to ensure their future and that they have a gig somewhere..
For all we know, Doust may well have offered him an extension.....doesn't mean Bird has to accept it. If he feels he wants to see what is on offer when his contract is up....hardly Doust's fault, and certainly not Dragons letting him go.

george43

Juniors
I don't think he would get the same mentoring at Cronulla compared to Young & Hornby so I can't understand why he would leave.

Unfortunately it seems to be the "Young People" mentality these days that they want everything instantly and not be patient to work towards achieving your goals

Thank goodness he wouldnt get the same mentoring at Cronulla! They have played this kid in 6 different positions this year. No other player in his team has received such ordinary treatment.So please explain to me how this in any way is player development.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Did you just make this up?
How do you know what negotiations have taken place?

Fingerbang got it right in his post.

gypsy

Bench
Did you just make this up?
How do you know what negotiations have taken place?

Mr Red make stuff up? Yeah he'll do that. :cool:

He's the new Bring Back Choc, for those that remember him...
Angry, whingy and clueless. A potent mix.

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
Angry, whingy and clueless. A potent mix.

Lol.... You're a drama queen.
This is simply a forum to discuss football, you make it sound like a mills and boon novel....
I'm guessing you also watch days of our lives, and like snuggling up to a good dose of Oprah ..

RedPenno

Juniors
thought Jack had a decent game today but wow what has George lolo been eating or should I say what hasn't he been eating. lol

TheRev

Coach
thought Jack had a decent game today but wow what has George lolo been eating or should I say what hasn't he been eating. lol
Any chance you could let us know how the individuals went? Crook & Dufty in particular!

RedPenno

Juniors
crook did well but his kicking game was off. dufty was excellent again. scored a try & possibly could have scored another from a break that jay Gallagher made from a kick off but jay went to far instead of passing it. I thought adam clune had a really good game ,always there when he was needed & set up a few trys. both centres were good. vince stowers was put on report for a shot in a tackle but had a good game. really the whole team did well, but wow George has really put on the weight compared to wes. but they both played well. does anyone know how much he weighs now. at a guess I'd say around the 120kg.

RedPenno

Juniors
one other thing dufty put on a wonderful try saving hit that felt like it shook the ground. was really impressed with his hole game as well as a good link man

Dufty is years away from first grade so no thats not the reason Dugan has stated he likes playing centre and has asked to stay there if that doesn't answer your question nothing will.

rainman44

Bench
Dufty is years away from first grade so no thats not the reason Dugan has stated he likes playing centre and has asked to stay there if that doesn't answer your question nothing will.
Oh sorry is Dugan the new coach? not up to Dugan, now if you dont get that nothing will make you understand that.

GT0007

Juniors
Oh sorry is Dugan the new coach? not up to Dugan, now if you dont get that nothing will make you understand that.

Sure Beale was quiet but Duges wasn't and had another great game at centre. Scored another try and put on some big hits. I'd rather see him get the ball on the opposing 10mtr line than ours any day

rainman44

Bench
Sure Beale was quiet but Duges wasn't and had another great game at centre. Scored another try and put on some big hits. I'd rather see him get the ball on the opposing 10mtr line than ours any day
Me too, he will be our new Gaz as Dugan is big strong and fast but is not a natural ball player so its the perfect fit.

GT0007

Juniors
Me too, he will be our new Gaz as Dugan is big strong and fast but is not a natural ball player so its the perfect fit.

He's very hit and miss right now as he did put Gypsy in today yet thru a fwd pass also. I think he's 50/50 at best but is at least trying to improve that part of his game and if he does it's happy times for us and Gypsy

TheRev

Coach
crook did well but his kicking game was off. dufty was excellent again. scored a try & possibly could have scored another from a break that jay Gallagher made from a kick off but jay went to far instead of passing it. I thought adam clune had a really good game ,always there when he was needed & set up a few trys. both centres were good. vince stowers was put on report for a shot in a tackle but had a good game. really the whole team did well, but wow George has really put on the weight compared to wes. but they both played well. does anyone know how much he weighs now. at a guess I'd say around the 120kg.
Appreciate the summary! Definitely a couple of young forwards who may be promising, just an age thing.. its hard not to get excited.. but if you consider how many years it feels like its taken Stockwell/JDB to become genuine first-graders (still a work in progress), they will be a while out of 1st grade.

Good to see Dufty putting a great hit in defence too, he seemed to read the game quite well when I saw him play, which is a great sign for a fullback.

cb4

First Grade
Haha...that's the spirit mate.
For what it's worth, another one of their well credentialed posters that has connections and good mail has never even heard of him. This guy has his finger on the pulse and appears in this case, they have not contacted him.
Who knows....?

Flattered.

My source of info isn't directly from a club insider, but I have been told now that he has agreed terms on a 2 year deal with us.

Latest posts