What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack bird

sharkman73

Juniors
copped a pasting on social media last night.
One of our very own got a tweet mentioned in the article lol

Not sure why.

The ball he dropped that led to a Melbourne try wasn't really his fault, was a hospital pass.

I thought he was OK. Brisbane had very little ball in good position so I'm not sure what people expected.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not sure why.

The ball he dropped that led to a Melbourne try wasn't really his fault, was a hospital pass.

I thought he was OK. Brisbane had very little ball in good position so I'm not sure what people expected.
I didn't think it was hospital pass at all

lolesi

First Grade
copped a pasting on social media last night.
One of our very own got a tweet mentioned in the article lol

Probably from the same people that eat up every word Paul Kent and Buzz dish out.

Bird was one of the only decent Broncos players.

Aggressive in d and ran hard all game, did some very tough first outs when Brisbane were in all sorts.

sharkman73

Juniors
I didn't think it was hospital pass at all

Yeah maybe hospital pass was a bit over the top. He probably should have held it but he was under pressure. Wasn't as bad as people are making out.

People are obviously judging him against his salary. They should blame Uncle Wayne for that, he was never worth that kind of coin and never will be.

What was he supposed to do? Say "yeah sorry Wayne, I'm not a bad player but I don't think I'm worth that much coin, maybe lop a couple hundred grand off".

Ads

First Grade
He was never worth what they offered him and it the criticism will follow him while he is on that contract. Simple.

MilkShark

First Grade
Yeah maybe hospital pass was a bit over the top. He probably should have held it but he was under pressure. Wasn't as bad as people are making out.

People are obviously judging him against his salary. They should blame Uncle Wayne for that, he was never worth that kind of coin and never will be.

What was he supposed to do? Say "yeah sorry Wayne, I'm not a bad player but I don't think I'm worth that much coin, maybe lop a couple hundred grand off".
I didn’t watch the whole game but I thought he was tough and got some good metres.

I think people base his performance off being on a mill a year (thereabouts) and his 2016 centre form.

Truth is he has come back from a year off and is really a backrower so will struggle to meet peoples expectations at centre.

sharkman73

Juniors
I didn’t watch the whole game but I thought he was tough and got some good metres.

I think people base his performance off being on a mill a year (thereabouts) and his 2016 centre form.

Truth is he has come back from a year off and is really a backrower so will struggle to meet peoples expectations at centre.

Yep definitely needs to be playing backrow or even lock.

Like you said, he is tough and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

MilkShark

First Grade
I thought he left to play 5/8 so much for that
When he was negotiating his next contract with us / Broncos he was coming out of a stellar year of form, 2016. Coaches wanted him and would let him play wherever he liked just to get his signature.

Now, he is damaged goods and is lucky to have starting spot.

If he wasn't on the huge money that he is he would likely be off the bench.

If he doesn't perform this year with the Broncos his market value will plummet, farther than it already has.

Quigs

Immortal
On a sidenote. I bet you there are a few sorry boyz waking up this morning after last nights game. Shit there were some real hard hits. Got me intercoursed how some of them got up and played the ball after it.

Feej

First Grade
Pretty average first half, but I thought a very good second.

Question is, would you still have him back?

sharkman73

Juniors
Pretty average first half, but I thought a very good second.

Question is, would you still have him back?

Imo he is ether a bench player, second rower or lock.

Williams has lock wrapped up when Gal retires.

Wade obviously one second row spot. If Nikora lives up to the hype he will have the other.

So that leaves the bench. Really depends what we want to do with 9 and backup.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Old Jack went half alright for a bloke having his first game after a long layoff.

Not that I want the Donks to go any good. It was hard to cheer for anyone last night.

taipan

Referee
Jack the Bird went OK.
Must admit Anneseed had some influence on the reffing last night.Only 9 penalties in toto.Pedantic stuff left out.Keep it up for the rest of the year and even Kent will be blowing in his strides.

Latest posts